Product Code: DRRSingapore2018
‘Diamond Retail Review’ presents various perspectives utilizing comprehensive data sets and insights on retail markets of Southeast Asia and Japan from highly regarded sources. Besides the retail landscape of the country, Diamond Retail Review delved deeper into overviews and strategies of major retailers, combining our expertise gained from decade long experience in the retail business to present a more in-depth understanding of retailing in each country to our readers.
Diamond Retail Media would like to unceasingly support manufacturers, retailers and wholesalers who are currently doing business or planning to do business in Japan and Southeast Asia. Please utilize the Diamond Retail Review, if you are looking for ideas to draw your business strategies.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Introduction
- List of figures, terminology
Part 2: Executive summary
Part 3: Singapore economy, consumer/shopper and the retail market
- Population, GDP, household income, household expenditure, retail market defined
Part 4: Singapore retail dynamics
- Singapore retail market in the past 5 years (2012-2016), Voice of retail industry expert
Part 5: E-commerce of ASEAN 6
- ASEAN 6 current and year 2025e-commerce status (Temasek Holdings/Google research), and progress of e-commerce in Singapore
Part 6 Singapore top 50 retailers ranking and overview of major retailers
- NTUC FairPrice Co-operative Ltd.
- Cold Storage Singapore (1983) Pte. Ltd.
- Sheng Siong Group Ltd.
- Ikano Pte. Ltd. (IKEA)
- Takashimaya Singapore Ltd.
- Courts (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
- Watson's Personal Care Stores Pte. Ltd.
- Isetan (Singapore) Ltd.
- Robinson & Company (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
- Uniqlo (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.
- Metro (Private) Ltd.
Part 7: Appendix: Key statistics
Part 8: About us: Diamond Retail Review
List of figures
- Figure 1: Singapore retail market size, 2000-2016
- Figure 2: Singapore retail market: Revenue and operating profit, 2000-2016
- Figure 3: Singapore retail channels 5 years revenue growth disparity, 2012 and 2016 comparisons
- Figure 4: ASEAN 6 population pyramid, 2017
- Figure 5: Singapore residents by ethnic groups, 2017
- Figure 6: Singapore residents by religion, 2000 (based on census)
- Figure 7: Singapore GDP, 2000-2017
- Figure 8: Singapore GDP year-on-year growth percentage, 2012-2017
- Figure 9: Singapore dollar exchange rate per unit of US dollar, 2000-2017
- Figure 10: Singapore consumer price index (CPI), 2000-2017
- Figure 11: Consumer price index for goods and services in Singapore, 2017
- Figure 12: Average monthly household expenditure, 2002/03-2012/13
- Figure 13: Monthly household expenditure growth comparisons (2007/08 and 2012/13)
- Figure 14: Singapore wholesale and retail trade 2016 as defined by the government
- Figure 15: Singapore retail market 2016 defined by channels and size of the market
- Figure 16: Category specialist channels definition
- Figure 17: Singapore retail market: Number of stores, 2000-2016
- Figure 18: Singapore retail market: Revenue, operating profit and profit ratio, 2000-2016
- Figure 19: Singapore tourism: Inbound international tourist arrivals, 2007-2016
- Figure 20: Singapore tourism: International tourist spending by category
- Figure 21: Singapore tourism: Ranking of international tourist arrivals by country of origin, 2017
- Figure 22: Singapore retail market by revenue (value)
- Figure 23: Singapore retail market revenue and GDP, year-on-year
- Figure 24: Singapore retail market overview, 2012-2016
- Figure 25: Growth and market size of major channels in Singapore
- Figure 26: Major retail channels revenue, number of stores and growth outlook in Singapore
- Figure 27: Channel overview: Supermarket revenue and number of stores
- Figure 28: Channel overview: Mini-mart/convenience store/provision shop revenue and number of stores
- Figure 29: Channel overview: Department store/hypermarket revenue and number of stores
- Figure 30: Channel overview: Apparel/footwear revenue and number of stores
- Figure 31: Channel overview: Watches/jewellery revenue and number of stores
- Figure 32: Channel overview: Medical goods/toiletries revenue and number of stores
- Figure 33: Channel overview: Optical goods/books revenue and number of stores
- Figure 34: Channel overview: Recreational goods revenue and number of stores
- Figure 35: Channel overview: Computer/telecommunication equipment revenue and number of stores
- Figure 36: Channel overview: Furniture/household equipment revenue and number of stores
- Figure 37: Channel overview: Food retailers revenue and number of stores
- Figure 38: Channel overview: Others (include sale via internet) revenue and number of stores
- Figure 39: Singapore retail market by sales per square meter
- Figure 40: Singapore retail space in the pipeline
- Figure 41: The changing retail scene in Singapore
- Figure 42: ASEAN 6 total e-commerce spent in 2015 and forecasted growth for 2025
- Figure 43: ASEAN 6 internet users in 2015 and forecasted growth for 2020
- Figure 44: E-commerce market projection in ASEAN 6, 2025
- Figure 45: ASEAN 6 e-commerce market in 2015 and forecasted growth potential in 2025
- Figure 46: Singapore online shoppers by age group, 2014-2016
- Figure 47: Singapore top 10 goods and services purchased online by age group, 2016
- Figure 48: Leading B2C e-commerce website in Singapore, ranked by monthly page views