Product Code: DIMDCL0008
DelveInsight's 'Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) Closure Devices-Market Insights, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecast-2025' report delivers an in-depth understanding of the patent foramen ovale closure devices, historical and forecasted number of patients eligible for PFO closure as well as the patent foramen ovale closure devices market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices market report provides current treatment practices, Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices market share of the individual devices, current and forecasted Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices market Size from 2017 to 2025 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and KOL's views to curate best of the opportunities and assesses underlying potential of the market.
Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices Overview
The foramen ovale is a normal opening between the right atrium and left atrium of an unborn baby's heart. The foramen ovale usually closes 6 months to a year after the baby's birth. However, sometimes when the foramen ovale stays open after birth, it's called a patent foramen ovale (PFO). It is usually harmless, but some people with patent foramen ovale experience migraine, cryptogenic stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA), heart attack due to congenital heart disease, decompression illness, and platypnoea-orthodeoxia syndrome. A PFO may increase the risk of strokes because tiny blood clots elsewhere in the body can break loose and go to the heart via the blood. In a person with a PFO, the clot can block blood flow to parts of the brain, resulting in a stroke. PFO closure devices are placed to reduce the risk of recurrent ischemic stroke in patients.
The demand for PFO closure is rising in the market as patients with migraine, TIA or recurrent strokes have a high tendency to move towards the percutaneous transcatheter closure using PFO occluder devices rather than the uncompromising invasive forms of treatment comprising open heart surgeries. The PFO closure devices are found to be safer and effective in most of the cases and the incorporation of the device at the correct orientation in order to aid the closure of PFO is a less- time consuming procedure.
Study Period: 2017-2025
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom)
List of Market Products and its Companies:
- The Amplatzer PFO Occluder: AGA medicals
- GORE CARDIOFORM Septal Occluder: The W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
- The Cardi-O-Fix Septal Occluder: Starway Medical Technology Inc.
- The Figulla Flex II PFO Occluder: OCCLUTECH GMBH
- The Hyperion PFO Occluder: Comed BV
- The Ultrasept PFO closure device: The Cardia Inc.
- The CeraFlex PFO Occluder: The Lifetech Scientific Corporation
- The Noblestitch EL Suture mediated closure system: Heartstitch Inc.
- The Nit Occluder PFO: pfm medical ag
- The MemoPart Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) Occluder: Lepu Medical Technology
Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices- Competitive Analysis
This segment of the report provides a brief competitive analysis PFO closure devices, to help understand the competition in the market. It gives a comparative understanding of the devices based on parameters such as material of device, size, type of regulatory approval etc.
PFO closure devices: Eligible Patient Population
This segment of the report provides a competitive analysis of the eligible patient pool that will undergo PFO closure across 7MM in between the year (2017 and 2025).
PFO closure devices: Market Analysis
This segment illustrates the market of PFO occluder devices across 7MM and how the market is expected to rise to USD 326.8 million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 2.9%.
Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices: Market Drivers and Barriers
The report provides insights into the market driving factors that has affected the Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices Market such as prevalence of PFO, escalating preferences for minimally-invasive procedures, procedure performed is simple, safer, technically-feasible and effective, less-time consuming.
It also entails the market barriers such as post-operational complexities, recurrent stroke, TIA, residual shunting after implantation, a smaller number of Clinical Trials, PFO closure devices are not enough.
To keep up with the market trends, we take KOLs and SME's opinion working in Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices market trend. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Scope of the Report:
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, diagnosis and currently available therapies.
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of the current therapies for Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices are provided, which will have an impact on the future treatment landscape.
- A detailed review of Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering devices outreach in the 7MM.
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices market.
- The report covers descriptive overview of the Patent Foramen Ovale closure devices, explaining its cause, risk factors, symptoms, diagnostic approaches and treatment algorithm.
- The report provides an insight into the patient population eligible for PFO closure in the 7 MM, covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.
- The report is a comprehensive account of marketed devices present in the PFO closure devices market.
- The report also reviews the detailed global historical and forecasted Patent Foramen Ovale closure devices market including assessing the outreach in 7 MM.
- The report helps in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Patent Foramen Ovale closure devices market.
Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices Report Key Strengths
- 6 Years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Competitive Landscape
- Patient Pool
- Market Size
Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices Report Assessment
- Marketed Product profiles
- Key Products and Key Players
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- Market Forecast
- KOL'S views
- What was the Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices Market share (%) distribution in 2017 and how it would look like in 2025?
- What would be the Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices total market Size across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2025)?
- What are the key findings pertaining to the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices market Size during the forecast period (2017-2025)?
- At what CAGR, the Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices market is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2025)?
- What would be the Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2025)?
- What would be the Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices market growth till 2025 and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2025?
- How would the market drivers, barriers and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and a subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What are the current devices available in the Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices market?
- What are the Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices available in the market, their product description, regulatory milestones, product development activities, research and development activities etc.?
- How many key players are developing Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry-Industry), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices therapies?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the current devices for Patent Foramen Ovale Closure?
- What are the global historical and forecasted market of Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices?
Table of Contents
1 Key Insights
2 Executive Summary of Patent Foramen Ovale Closure Devices
3 Patent Foramen Ovale: Background and Overview
3.2 Anatomy and Causes of the Patent Foramen Ovale
3.3 Diagnosis in PFO patients
3.4 Symptoms and the Risk factors associated with Patent Foramen Ovale
3.5 The treatment options available for PFO
3.5.1. Blood thinning and Anticoagulation therapies
3.5.2. Closing the PFO
3.6 Advantages of the PFO occluder Devices for Patent Foramen Ovale closure
3.7 Disadvantages of the PFO occluder Devices for Patent Foramen Ovale closure
4 Marketed Products
- 4.1 The Amplatzer PFO Occluder
- 4.1.1 Product Description
- 4.1.2 Regulatory Milestones
- 4.1.3 Research and Development
- 4.1.4 Product Development Activities
- 4.2 GORE CARDIOFORM Septal Occluder
- 4.2.1 Product Description
- 4.2.2 Regulatory Milestones
- 4.2.3 Research and Development
- 4.3 The Cardi-O-Fix Septal Occluder
- 4.3.1 Product Description
- 4.3.2 Regulatory Milestones
- 4.3.3 Research and Development
- 4.4 The Figulla Flex II PFO Occluder
- 4.4.1 Product Description
- 4.4.2 Regulatory Milestones
- 4.4.3 Research and Development
- 4.4.4 Product Development Activities
- 4.5 The IrisFIT PFO Occluder
- 4.5.1 Product Description
- 4.5.2 Regulatory Milestones
- 4.5.3 Research and Development
- 4.6 The Hyperion PFO Occluder
- 4.6.1 Product Description
- 4.6.2 Regulatory Milestones
- 4.7 The Ultrasept PFO closure device
4.7.3Research and Development
- 4.8 The CeraFlex PFO Occluder
4.8.3Research and Development
- 4.9 The Noblestitch EL Suture mediated closure system
- 4.9.1 Product Description
4.9.2Research and Development
- 4.10 The Nit Occluder PFO
4.10.2Research and Development
- 4.11 The MemoPart Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) Occluder
- 4.11.2 Regulatory Milestones
5 Competitive Analysis
6 Assumptions and Rationale- Eligible Patient Population and Market Analysis for PFO Closure Devices
7 PFO closure devices: Eligible Patient Population
- 7.1 7MM: Eligible Patient Population for PFO Closure
- 7.2 The United States: Eligible Patient Population for PFO Closure
- 7.3 Germany: Eligible Patient Population for PFO Closure
- 7.4 France: Eligible Patient Population for PFO Closure
- 7.5 Italy: Eligible Patient Population for PFO Closure
- 7.6 Spain: Eligible Patient Population for PFO Closure
- 7.7 United Kingdom: Eligible Patient Population for PFO Closure
- 7.8 Japan: Eligible Patient Population for PFO Closure
8 PFO closure devices: Market Analysis
- 8.1 The Market Size of PFO Closure Devices in the 7MM
- 8.2 United States Market Analysis
- 8.3 Germany Market Analysis
- 8.4 France Market Analysis
- 8.5 Italy Market Analysis
- 8.6 Spain Market Analysis
- 8.7 United Kingdom Market Analysis
- 8.8 Japan Market Analysis
9 Market Drivers
10 Market Barriers
11. Industry Trends
12. KOL's Views
13. Analyst Views
14. PEST Analysis
- 15.1. Bibliography
- 15.2. Report Methodology
16. DelveInsight Capabilities
18. About DelveInsight