Product Code: DIMI0606
DelveInsight's 'Refractory Angina (RA)-Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2030' report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Refractory Angina, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Refractory Angina market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Refractory Angina market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Refractory Angina market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Refractory Angina market Size from 2017 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Refractory Angina treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate best of the opportunities and assesses underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017-2030
Refractory Angina (RA) Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Refractory Angina Overview
Refractory Angina (RA) is a debilitating chronic condition marked by persistent angina due to reversible myocardial ischemia owing to partial or complete blockage of the blood flow through myocardium (heart muscle) by a buildup of plaques. It is a common reoccurring form of angina resulting from an imbalance between oxygen supply and demand, which encompasses neurological, psychogenic and mitochondrial dysfunctions that, in addition to tissue ischemia, are responsible for persistent cardiac pain syndrome. It is usually reflected in patients with coronary artery disease (CAD) which cannot be adequately controlled by a combination of medical therapy, angioplasty, or coronary artery bypass grafting.
Refractory Angina Diagnosis
Diagnosis of anginal pain is challenging. The clinical signs of angina pectoris are atypical as they are provoked by exertion and disappear at rest. However, the accurate diagnosis of stable angina and recognition of proper pathological mechanisms relies mostly on the detailed clinical history of an individual. The severity of the disease also depends upon the extent of underlying CAD. Besides, the diagnosis of chronic chest pain aims at making the investigation quicker and efficient.
Angina pectoris is said to be refractory if constant reversible myocardial ischemia and pain occur despite optimal anti-anginal therapy in cases with substantial stenosis of a significant coronary artery (more than 75% stenosis in one or more of the main coronary arteries). The NICE recommends two types of testing:
- (i) Anatomical testing: which diagnoses coronary artery luminal narrowing
- (ii) Non-invasive functional testing: which diagnoses myocardial ischemia based on the estimated pretest likelihood of CAD. However, there are some other tests too.
Refractory Angina Treatment
It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies available in the Refractory Angina market for the treatment of the condition. It also provides the country-wise treatment guidelines and algorithm across the United States, Europe and Japan.
The DelveInsight Refractory Angina market report gives a thorough understanding of Refractory Angina by including details such as disease definition, symptoms, causes, pathophysiology, and diagnosis. It also provides Refractory Angina treatment algorithms and treatment guidelines for Refractory Angina in the US, Europe, and Japan.
Refractory Angina Epidemiology
The Refractory Angina epidemiology division provide the insights about historical and current Refractory Angina patient pool and forecasted trend for each seven major countries. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the DelveInsight report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Refractory Angina epidemiology [segmented as Refractory Angina Total Diagnosed Cases of CAD and RA, Refractory Angina Sub-Type Specific Cases, Refractory Angina Gender-Specific Cases and Diagnosed Population of NORDA] scenario of Refractory Angina in 7MM covering United States, EU5 countries (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and United Kingdom), and Japan from 2017 to 2030. According to DelveInsight, the total number of prevalent cases of Refractory Angina (RA) in 7MM was found to be 29,17,196 in the year 2017.
Country Wise- Refractory Angina Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the Refractory Angina epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
Refractory Angina Drug Chapters
Drug chapter segment of the Refractory Angina report encloses the detailed analysis of Refractory Angina marketed drugs and late stage (Phase-III and Phase-II) pipeline drugs. It also helps to understand the Refractory Angina clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug and the latest news and press releases.
Refractory Angina Marketed Drugs
The first-line anti-anginal drugs include the use of beta-adrenergic receptors and calcium channel blockers. They have proven their efficacy in treating angina and myocardial ischemia. Generally, the choice between these two drug classes is guided by contraindications, the presence of comorbidities and patient preference. If one of these agents is not well tolerated, the other can be tried instead.
Refractory Angina Emerging Drugs
IMB-101: Imbria Pharmaceuticals
IMB-101 is a small molecule currently in development for the treatment of refractory angina by Imbria Pharmaceuticals. IMB-101 is a novel pFOX (partial fatty acid oxidation) inhibitor which is designed to optimize the use of fuels in the heart by partially shifting from using fat to using glucose, thereby resulting in more efficient production of energy per molecule of oxygen consumed. This approach has been validated by trimetazidine (TMZ), a pFOX inhibitor used to treat angina in Europe since the 1970s.
Refractory Angina Market Outlook
The Refractory Angina market outlook of the report helps to build the detailed comprehension of the historic, current and forecasted Refractory Angina market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers and demand of better technology.
This segment gives a through detail of Refractory Angina market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria's, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, Refractory Angina market in 7MM is expected to increase with a CAGR of 7.00% during the period 2017-2030.
This section includes a glimpse of the Refractory Angina market in 7MM.
The United States Market Outlook
This section provides the total Refractory Angina market Size and market Size by therapies in the United States.
EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
The total Refractory Angina market Size and market Size by therapies in Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom is provided in this section.
Japan Market Outlook
The total Refractory Angina market Size and market Size by therapies in Japan is also mentioned.
Refractory Angina Drugs Uptake
This section focusses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched in the Refractory Angina market or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2017-2030. The analysis covers Refractory Angina market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs and allows the comparison of the drugs on the basis of market share and Size which again will be useful in investigating factors important in market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Refractory Angina Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in Phase II, and Phase III stage. It also analyses Refractory Angina key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing and patent details for Refractory Angina emerging therapies.
Reimbursement Scenario in Refractory Angina
Approaching reimbursement proactively can have a positive impact both during the late stages of product development and well after product launch. In report we take reimbursement into consideration to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business & price strategy.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME's opinion working in Refractory Angina domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or Refractory Angina market trend. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform Competitive & Market Intelligence analysis of the Refractory Angina Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools that includes - SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter's five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report:
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Refractory Angina, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Refractory Angina epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Refractory Angina are provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of Refractory Angina market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Refractory Angina market
- In the coming years, Refractory Angina market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the Size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Refractory Angina R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for Refractory Angina. Launch of emerging therapies, will significantly impact the Refractory Angina market
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for Refractory Angina
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Refractory Angina Report Insights
- Patient Population
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Refractory Angina Pipeline Analysis
- Refractory Angina Market Size and Trends
- Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Therapies
Refractory Angina Report Key Strengths
- 11 Years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Refractory Angina Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Cross Competition
- Highly Analyzed Market
- Drugs Uptake
Refractory Angina Report Assessment
- Current Treatment Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Market Attractiveness
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- What was the Refractory Angina Market share (%) distribution in 2017 and how it would look like in 2030?
- What would be the Refractory Angina total market Size as well as market Size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- What are the key findings pertaining to the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest Refractory Angina market Size during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- At what CAGR, the Refractory Angina market is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- What would be the Refractory Angina market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- What would be the Refractory Angina market growth till 2030 and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
- How would the market drivers, barriers and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and a subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What is the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of the Refractory Angina?
- What is the historical Refractory Angina patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of Refractory Angina in 7 major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan?
- What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to Refractory Angina?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the highest prevalent population of Refractory Angina during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- At what CAGR the population is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for the treatment of Refractory Angina along with the approved therapy?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of Refractory Angina (RA) in USA, Europe and Japan?
- What is the Refractory Angina marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety and efficacy etc.?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Refractory Angina?
- How many therapies are developed by each company for the treatment of Refractory Angina?
- How many emerging therapies are in mid stage, and late stage of development for the treatment of Refractory Angina?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry-Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Refractory Angina therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for Refractory Angina and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for Refractory Angina?
- What are the global historical and forecasted market of Refractory Angina?
Reasons to buy:
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Refractory Angina market
- To understand the future market competition in the Refractory Angina market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Refractory Angina in US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and United Kingdom) and Japan
- Identification of strong upcoming players in market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Refractory Angina market
- To understand the future market competition in the Refractory Angina market
Table of Contents
1: Key Insights
2: Executive Summary of Refractory Angina
3: SWOT Analysis for Refractory Angina
4: Refractory Angina (RA) Market Overview at a Glance
- 4.1: Market Share (%) Distribution of Refractory Angina (RA) in 2017
- 4.2: Market Share (%) Distribution of Refractory Angina (RA) in 2030
5: Disease Background and Overview
- 5.1: Introduction
- 5.2: Types
- 5.3: Symptoms
- 5.4: Etiology
- 5.5: Risk Factors
- 5.6: Pathophysiology
- 5.7: Diagnosis
6: Epidemiology and Patient Population
- 6.1: Key Findings
- 6.2:7MM Total Prevalent Patient Population of Refractory Angina [RA]
7: Epidemiology Assumptions and Rationale - 7MM
8: Country Wise-Epidemiology of Refractory Angina (RA)
- 8.1: The United States
- 8.1.1: Total Diagnosed Population of CAD and RA in the United States
- 8.1.2: Sub-type Specific Prevalence of RA in the United States
- 8.1.3: Gender specific Prevalence of RA in the United States
- 8.1.4: Diagnosed Population of NORDA in the US
- 8.2: Germany
- 8.2.1: Total Diagnosed Population of CAD and RA in Germany
- 8.2.2: Sub-type Specific Prevalence of RA in Germany
- 8.2.3: Gender specific Prevalence of RA in Germany
- 8.2.4: Diagnosed Population of NORDA in Germany
- 8.3: France
- 8.3.1: Total Diagnosed Population of CAD and RA in France
- 8.3.2: Sub-type Specific Prevalence of RA in France
- 8.3.3: Gender specific Prevalence of RA in France
- 8.3.4: Diagnosed Population of NORDA in France
- 8.4: Italy
- 8.4.1: Total Diagnosed Population of CAD and RA in Italy
- 8.4.2: Sub-type Specific Prevalence of RA in Italy
- 8.4.3: Gender specific Prevalence of RA in Italy
- 8.4.4: Diagnosed Population of NORDA in Italy
- 8.5: Spain
- 8.5.1: Total Diagnosed Population of CAD and RA in Spain
- 8.5.2: Sub-type Specific Prevalence of RA in Spain
- 8.5.3: Gender specific Prevalence of RA in Spain
- 8.5.4: Diagnosed Population of NORDA in Spain
- 8.6: The United Kingdom
- 8.6.1: Total Diagnosed Population of CAD and RA in the UK
- 8.6.2: Sub-type Specific Prevalence of RA in the UK
- 8.6.3: Gender specific Prevalence of RA in the United Kingdom
- 8.6.4: Diagnosed Population of NORDA in the United Kingdom
- 8.7: Japan
- 8.7.1: Total Diagnosed Population of CAD and RA in Japan
- 8.7.2: Sub-type Specific Prevalence of RA in Japan
- 8.7.3: Gender specific Prevalence of RA in Japan
- 8.7.4: Diagnosed Population of NORDA in Japan
- 9.1: Pharmacological Therapies
- 9.2: Noninvasive Antianginal therapies
- 9.3: Invasive Antianginal therapies
- 9.4: Treatment Guidelines
- 9.4.1: European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Guidelines for Refractory Angina Patients
- 9.4.2: National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) guidelines: Chest pain of recent onset
- 9.4.3: Canadian Cardiovascular Society (CCS) Guidelines
10: Unmet Needs
11: Case Studies
- 11.1: A Case of Refractory Angina
- 11.2: A Case Report of Refractory Angina
12: Organizations related with Refractory Angina
13: Emerging Therapies
- 13.1: IMB-101: Umbria Pharmaceuticals
- 13.1.1: Other Developmental Activities
- 13.1.2: Clinical Development
- 13.1.3: Safety and Efficacy
- 13.2: Auto CD34+ Cells: Calandrias Biosciences, Inc.
- 13.2.1: Other Developmental Activities
- 13.2.2: Clinical Development
- 13.2.3: Safety and Efficacy
- 13.3: Generx: Antiemetics Inc.
- 13.3.1: Other Developmental Activities
- 13.3.2: Clinical Development
- 13.3.3: Safety and Efficacy
- 13.4: XC001: XyloCor Therapeutics, Inc.
- 13.4.1: Other Developmental Activities
- 13.4.2: Clinical Development
14: Refractory Angina (RA): 7 Major Market Analysis
- 14.1: Key Findings
- 14.2: Total Market Size of RA in 7MM
- 14.3: Market Outlook: 7MM
15: United States
- 15.1: Total Market size of RA
- 15.2:RA Market Size by Therapies
- 16.1: Germany
- 16.1.1: Total Market size of RA
- 16.1.2:RA Market Size by Therapies
- 16.2: France
- 16.2.1: Total Market size of RA
- 16.2.2:RA Market Size by Therapies
- 16.3: Italy
- 16.3.1: Total Market size of RA
- 16.3.2:RA Market Size by Therapies
- 16.4: Spain
- 16.4.1: Total Market size of RA
- 16.4.2:RA Market Size by Therapies
- 16.5: United Kingdom
- 16.5.1: Total Market size of RA
- 16.5.2:RA Market Size by Therapies
- 17.1: Total Market size of RA
- 17.2:RA Market Size by Therapies
18: Market Drivers
19: Market Barriers
- 20.1: Bibliography
- 20.2: Report Methodology
21: DelveInsight Capabilities
23: About DelveInsight