Product Code: #MDT18011
This analysis includes a discussion of products, current/forecast markets, competitors, and opportunities in the US, 5EU, Japan, and RoW markets for tissue-engineered skin replacements (epidermal, dermal, and multilayer equivalents, and amniotic tissue grafts) and active wound repair modulators (growth factors, gene therapy agents, and stem cells).
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED:
- What are the key drivers and limiters to the global wound care products market?
- Which competitors are leading the market and introducing new technology?
- How are technological advancements impacting market growth?
- Which areas of the wound care products market are experiencing dynamic growth?
- How are mergers and acquisitions affecting the markets shares of leading competitors?
WOUND CARE HIGHLIGHTS
- The combined global market for tissue-engineered skin replacements and active wound repair modulators totaled more than $1bn in 2017, and is expected to climb at a rate of 6.0% over the next half-decade.
- The tissue-engineered skin replacements segment accounts for nearly 90% of sales, with the 5EU markets, Japan, and the RoW markets combined accounting for the remaining 10% of sales.
- The US accounts for nearly 92% of global sales in this market, due to factors including slower adoption of skin replacements in international markets as a result of cultural aversion to the use of cadaveric tissue, concerns regarding disease transmission, and limited reimbursement.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- i. Tissue-engineered skin replacements
- ii. Active wound repair modulators
- iii. Market analysis
- iv. Major competitors
- v. Methodology
- Exhibit ES-1: Tissue-engineered skin replacements and active wound repair modulators, market forecast ($m), 2017-22
1. Tissue-Engineered Skin Replacements
- 1.1. Allografts
- 1.2. Autografts
- 1.3. Xenografts
- 1.4. Autologous and tissue-engineered skin replacements
- 1.4.1. Epidermal equivalent products
- 1.4.2. Dermal equivalent products
- 1.4.3. Multilayer equivalent products
- 1.4.4. Amniotic tissue grafts
- 1.5. Market forecast
- 1.6. Competitive analysis
- 1.7. Bibliography
- Exhibit 1-1: Tissue-engineered skin replacements, market forecast, 2017-22
- Exhibit 1-2: Tissue-engineered skin replacements market, share by supplier, 2017
2. Active Wound Repair Modulators
- 2.1. Growth factors
- 2.1.1. Growth factor classification
- 2.1.2. Competitors and products
- 2.1.3. Market forecast
- 2.2. Gene therapy agents
- 2.3. Stem cells
- 2.3.1. Types of stem cells
- 2.3.2. The role of stem cells in wound healing
- 2.4. Other active wound repair modulators and pharmaceuticals
- 2.4.1. Antibiotics and anti-infectives
- 2.4.2. Hormones
- 2.4.3. Matrix metalloproteinase enzyme inhibitors
- 2.4.4. Neuropeptides in diabetic wounds
- 2.4.5. Other products
- 2.5. Bibliography
- Exhibit 2-1: Selected growth factors under development for wound healing applications
- Exhibit 2-2: The angiogenesis process
- Exhibit 2-3: Growth factors, market forecast ($m), 2017-22
Appendix: Company Listing