Product Code: W17
The XIII edition of CSIL report The world mattress industry analyses the mattress industry on a global level and contains current and historical data for a total of 60 countries.
It focuses on the 44 most important mattress manufacturing countries (Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam) and includes international trade of mattress data for further 16 countries.
- Part I deals with production, consumption and international trade of mattresses and includes a section of world mattress industry statistics and an appendix with methodological notes.
- Part II consists of 44 country analysis sections that include:
- mattress industry trends of production, apparent consumption, exports, imports for the years 2006-2015 and forecasts of yearly changes in mattress market for 2016-2017.
- Major trading partners (origin of imports and destination of exports of mattresses).
- Breakdown of production by material (innerspring, latex, foam, other) and quantity of mattresses produced (when available).
- Short profiles of top mattress manufacturers operating in the country.
- Information on distribution system and main players.
- Part III includes detailed profiles of 27 major mattress manufacturers (financial highlights, manufacturing process, distribution system, products, sales performance).
- Part IV and Part V contain website addresses of selected mattress industry suppliers and full addresses of mattress manufacturing companies mentioned in the report.
New in the 2016 edition:
Analysis for 4 additional countries (Hungary, Lithuania, Taiwan and Vietnam) and an Excel data file in attachment, providing all the figures included in the report's tables.
In 2015 the world mattress production confirmed its growth and is forecasted to be up to 2020 one of the fasted growing segment within the furniture scenario. According to CSIL estimates over 200 million mattresses are produced worldwide every year. The first manufacturing are is the Asia and Pacific region with a share of about 40% of the global production. The major manufacturing countries being by far China and the US.
Table of Contents
I. Structure of the report
II. Basic data
III. Mergers and Acquisitions
IV. Product trends
V. Consumer and contract segments
PART I. CONSUMPTION, PRODUCTION AND INTERNATIONAL TRADE OF MATTRESSES
- 1.1 Consumption and imports of mattresses
- The mattress sector in 44 major countries. Overview
- 1.2 Production and exports of mattresses
- 1.3 International trade of mattresses
- 1.4 World mattress statistics
- Overview of the world mattress industry (44 major countries)
- Mattress outlook 2016-2017. Change forecasts in real terms
Appendix: Notes, presentation conventions, classification of countries
PART II. COUNTRY ANALYSIS
- FOR EACH CONSIDERED COUNTRY: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam
- The mattress sector. Value data
- Economic indicators
- Real growth of mattress consumption. Forecasts
- Exchange rates
- Main mattress trading partners
- Distribution system
- A selection of leading manufacturers
- Breakdown of production by material and quantity (when available)
PART III. PROFILES OF SELECTED MAJOR MANUFACTURERS
- Each profile includes:
- Address, telephone, fax, website
- Controlled companies, subsidiaries and brands
- Financial highlights
- Manufacturing process
- Distribution system
PART IV. SELECTED MATTRESS INDUSTRY SUPPLIERS
- Machinery producers
- Materials manufacturers
- Flammability testing laboratories
- Certification centers
- Mattress industry associations
PART V. ADDRESSES
Selected companies mentioned:
Ada Möbelfabrik, Airland Holding Company, Airsprung, Boydak Holding, Coco-mat, Comfort Solutions (by King Koil), Ekornes, Englander, France Bedding, Francebed, Herval, Hilding Anders International, Hua Wei Mei, Kingsdown, Paramount Bed, Pikolin, Recticel International, Red Apple, Select Comfort, Serta International, Silentnight Group, Simmons, Spring Air Mattress, Stylution, Tempur-Sealy, Xilinmen Group, Yatas