Product Code: 1807314
Since China joined the WTO, the auto production, sales and reserves have been growing with China's economic development. At the end of 2017, China's auto reserves were about 156 per thousand people, far less than that in developed countries. Therefore, there is a huge growth potential.
According to CRI, the auto consumer finance industry has begun to develop in China with the increase of residents' income and the policy support of the government. In mature markets, auto finance accounts for 20%-25% profits of the auto value chain while in China the proportion is less than 10%. The market size of China's auto finance industry reached about CNY 900 billion in 2017. Despite the small market size and low profitability, there is a lot of room for growth in the future.
Market players include commercial banks, auto finance companies, financial leasing companies and Internet platforms. The traditional dominators are banks that have traditional capital advantage and auto manufacturers' auto finance companies that have financing advantage and auto resources. E-commerce platforms have become the new cradles of auto finance with active financing on the primary market. Both traditional market players and independent Internet auto finance companies can reduce the costs of customer attraction by advantage of Internet platforms' visitor volume, and increase operation efficiency by big-data-based analysis on consumer credit and enterprise operation. Because of limited autos and funds, most Internet platforms function as media.
Current policies are favorable to China's auto finance industry. The Chinese government encourages innovation in consumer finance, which opens more channels for auto finance. In addition, new-round auto demand arises as auto consumption gradually shifts from the first and second tier cities to the third and fourth tier cities and rural areas, which brings about more market opportunities to the auto finance industry. Other driving forces include the development of auto consumer finance market, huge investment, frequent financing activities, business efficiency increased by Internet and financial technologies, and the rapid growth of new energy vehicle market. It is expected that the market size of auto finance in China will exceed CNY 1,500 billion in 2022.
- Development environment of China's auto finance industry
- Supply and demand in China's auto finance industry
- Market competition of auto finance
- Analysis on major auto finance enterprises in China
- Driving forces and market opportunities for China's auto finance industry
- Forecast on development of China's auto finance industry, 2018-2022
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1 Relevant Concepts of Auto Finance
- 1.1 Definition and Classification of Auto Finance
- 1.1.1 Definition of Auto Finance
- 1.1.2 Classification of Auto Finance
- 1.2 Methodology
- 1.2.1 Parameters and Assumptions
- 1.2.2 Data Sources
- 1.2.3 About CRI
2 Analysis on China's Auto Finance Industry, 2013-2017
- 2.1 Development Environment of China's Auto Finance Industry
- 2.1.1 Economic Environment
- 2.1.2 Policy Environment
- 2.1.3 Social Environment
- 2.1.4 Technology Environment
- 2.2 Analysis on Supply of Auto Finance in China, 2013-2017
- 2.3 Analysis on Demand for Auto Finance in China
- 2.3.1 Major Consumer Groups of Auto Finance
- 2.3.2 Market Size of Auto Finance in China
3 Competition in China's Auto Finance Industry, 2012-2017
- 3.1 Barriers to Entry in China's Auto Finance Industry
- 3.1.1 Policy Barriers
- 3.1.2 Sales Channel Barriers
- 3.1.3 Financing Barriers
- 3.1.4 Technological Barriers
- 3.2 Competition Structure of China's Auto Finance Industry
- 3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 3.2.3 Internal Competition of Auto Finance Industry
- 3.2.4 Potential Entrants to Auto Finance Industry
- 3.2.5 Substitutes for Auto Finance
4 Major Auto Finance Enterprises in China, 2017-2018
- 4.1 SAIC-GMAC Automotive Finance Co., Ltd.
- 4.1.1 Enterprise Profile
- 4.1.2 Operation
- 4.2 Volkswagen Finance (China) Co., Ltd.
- 4.3 FAW Auto Finance Co., Ltd.
- 4.4 Changan Auto Finance Co., Ltd.
- 4.5 Dongfeng Nissan Auto Finance Co., Ltd.
- 4.6 Analysis on Other Enterprises
5 Analysis on Auto Financing Costs and Prices in China, 2013-2017
- 5.1 Analysis on Auto Financing Costs in China, 2013-2017
- 5.2 Analysis on Auto Financing Prices in China, 2013-2017
6 Forecast on Development of China's Auto Finance Industry, 2018-2022
- 6.1 Factors Influencing Development of China's Auto Finance Industry
- 6.1.1 Major Driving Forces and Market Opportunities for China's Auto Finance Industry
- 6.1.2 Threats and Challenges to China's Auto Finance Industry
- 6.2 Forecast on Supply of Auto Finance in China, 2018-2022
- 6.3 Forecast on Market Size of China's Auto Finance Industry, 2018-2022
- Chart Generalized Classification of Auto Finance
- Chart Auto Reserves per 1,000 Residents in China, 2013- 2017
- Chart Auto Production and Sales Volume in China, 2013-2017
- Chart Number and Amount of Used Car Transactions in China, 2013- 2017
- Chart Major Policies on China's Auto Finance Industry, 2013-2018
- Chart Total Assets and Loans of Auto Finance Enterprises in China, 2013-2017
- Chart Market Size of Auto Finance in China, 2013-2017
- Chart Profile of SAIC-GMAC Automotive Finance Co., Ltd.
- Chart Operating Revenue of SAIC-GMAC Automotive Finance Co., Ltd., 2013-2017
- Chart Profile of Volkswagen Finance Co., Ltd.
- Chart Profile of FAW Auto Finance Co., Ltd.
- Chart Fast-Growing Issuance of Financial Bonds and Asset Backed Securitization (ABS)
- Chart Fund Raising of Auto Finance Companies in China, 2017-2018
- Chart Auto Loan Interest Rates of Major Commercial Banks in China
- Chart Forecast on Market Size of Auto Finance in China, 2018-2022