Product Code: 1707565
Theme park is a modern tourism destination based on a specific theme, integrating entertainment activities, leisure and reception service facilities. Disney theme park established in America in 1995 marked the birth of the first theme park with modern concepts. Japan owned its first large-scale theme park when Tokyo Disneyland was open in 1983. Hong Kong Disneyland, completed in 2005, enhanced Asia's position in the world theme park industry; Shanghai Disneyland, open in June 2016, will further boost Disney's brand influence in China as a huge tourism market.
According to CRI, domestic theme park industry has developed relatively fully since its start in 1980s. Four Chinese operators are among the top 10 theme park operators globally (Overseas Chinese Town, Chimelong Group, Fantawhild and Worldland Group). With supporting policies of the Chinese government and fine market prospect, enterprises like Wanda Group and Huayi Brothers are entering theme park industry and promote the construction of theme parks in different places in China. In 2016, domestic market size of theme park exceeded CNY 40 billion.
According to CRI, world-renowned theme parks are mostly located in regions with high population density and GDP per capita; income level and population density are high in large-and middle-scale cities in China, therefore, theme parks are suitable to be constructed in these places. Chinese average GDP in 2016 was over USD 8,000, undergoing the period of rapid development. With emerging new ways in tourism industry like recreational travel, parent-child travel, and surrounding tourism, theme parks can achieve more potential development in the future. In China, theme parks usually lie in large-and middle-scale cities or their surrounding areas which are suitable for one-day trip or weekend trip. Besides, the combination of tourism and plays, recreation and holiday-taking are preferred by tourists and it becomes a high-frequency destination of parent-child travels.
Since Disneyland's operation in Shanghai in 2016, overseas theme park giants like Universal studios, Six Flags, LEGO and DreamWorks Studios are focusing on the huge theme park market in China and accelerating their layout. Foreign capitals, on the one hand, bring new opportunities, inspire tourists' consumption passions and raise their attentions on theme parks, and also raise tourists' acceptance to higher priced tickets; on the other hand, it brings new challenges to the domestic market: how to develop circular investment effectively to sustain the growth, get rid of dependence on tickets and differentiate the competition. According to tourist volume and operation data in 2016, domestic theme parks of Overseas Chinese Town, Chimelong Group, Fantawhild and Worldland Group maintained their good performance with their own characteristics and were not severely affected by Shanghai Disneyland.
According to CRI, Chinese economy continues to increase and residents' income keeps growing, leading to stronger willingness and ability of tourism and recreation consumption, which provides fine development environment for theme park industry. It is estimated that the GAGR of market size of theme park will exceed 15%.
Through this report, readers can acquire the following information or even more:
- Economy and Policy Environment Faced by China's Theme Park
- Analysis on Theme Park Supplies of and Demands
- Analysis on Market Competition of China's Theme Park Industry
- Analysis on Major Theme Park Enterprises in China
- Analysis on Operation Cost and Charge of Theme Park in China
- Market Opportunities and Driving Forces in Theme Park Industry, 2017-2021
- Threats and Challenges Faced by China Theme Park Industry, 2017-2021
- Prediction on Supplies and Demands in China's Theme Park Industry, 2017-2021
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1 Relevant Concepts of Theme Park
- 1.1 Definition and Classification of Theme Park
- 1.1.1 Definition of Theme Park
- 1.1.2 Categories of Theme Park
- 1.2 Research Methods of the Report
- 1.2.1 Parameters and Assumptions
- 1.2.2 Data Sources
- 1.3 About CRI
2 Analysis on Theme Park in China, 2015-2017
- 2.1 Development Environment of Theme Park Industry in China
- 2.1.1 Economic Environment
- 2.1.2 Social Environment
- 2.2 Analysis on Supply of Theme Park in China
- 2.2.1 Analysis on Suppliers of Theme Park in China
- 2.2.2 Analysis on Quantity of Theme Park in China
- 2.3 Analysis on Demands for Theme Park in China
- 2.3.1 Major Consumer Groups of Theme Park in China
- 2.3.2 Market Scale of Theme Park in China
3 Competition Status of Theme Park in China, 2012-2016
- 3.1 Barriers to Entry in Theme Park Industry in China
- 3.1.1 Brand Barriers
- 3.1.2 Capital Barriers
- 3.1.3 Barriers of R&D
- 3.1.4 Sales Channel Barriers
- 3.1.5 Barriers of Professionals
- 3.2 Competition Structure of China's Theme Park
- 3.2.1 Bargaining Ability of Upstream Suppliers of Theme Park
- 3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers of Theme Parks
- 3.2.3 Internal Competition of Theme Park Industry
- 3.2.4 Potential Entrants of Theme Park
- 3.2.5 Substitutes of Theme Park
4 Analysis on Major Theme Park Enterprises in China, 2014-2017
- 4.1 Changzhou Dinosaurland Co., Ltd.
- 4.1.1 Enterprise Profile
- 4.1.2 Operation Status of Changzhou Dinosaurland Co., Ltd.
- 4.2 Shenzhen Overseas Chinese Town (OCT) Co., Ltd.
- 4.2.1 Enterprise Profile
- 4.2.2 Operation Status of Shenzhen Overseas Chinese Town Co., Ltd.
- 4.3 Songcheng Performing Art Development Co., Ltd.
- 4.3.1 Enterprise Profile
- 4.3.2 Operation Status of Songcheng Performing Art Development Co., Ltd.
- 4.4 Lingnan Landscape Co., Ltd.
- 4.4.1 Enterprise Profile
- 4.4.2 Operation Status of Lingnan Landscape Co., Ltd.
- 4.5 Xi'an Qujiang Cultural Tourism Group Co., Ltd.
- 4.5.1 Enterprise Profile
- 4.5.2 Operation Status of Xi'an Qujiang Cultural Tourism Group Co., Ltd.
- 4.6 Haichang Ocean Park Holdings Ltd.
- 4.6.1 Enterprise Profile
- 4.6.2 Operation Status of Haichang Ocean Park Holdings Ltd.
- 4.7 Walt Disney Company
- 4.7.1 Enterprise Profile
- 4.7.2 Operation Status of Walt Disney in China
- 4.8 Fantawhild Holding Inc
- 4.8.1 Enterprise Profile
- 4.8.2 Operation Status of Fantawhild Holding Inc
5 Analysis on Operation Cost and Charge of Theme Park in China, 2015-2017
- 5.1 Analysis on Operation Cost OF Theme Park in China, 2015-2017
- 5.1.1 Labor Cost
- 5.1.2 Land Cost
- 5.1.3 Other Costs
- 5.2 Charge Trend of Theme Park in China, 2015-2017
- 5.2.1 Factors Influencing Charge of Theme Park
- 5.2.2 Charge Trend of Major Theme Park in China's Market
6 Predictions on Development of Theme Park Industry in China, 2017-2021
- 6.1 Analysis on Factors Influencing the Development of Theme Park in China, 2017-2021
- 6.1.1 Market Opportunities and Driving Forces of Theme Park in China
- 6.1.2 Threats and Challenges Faced by Theme Park in China
- 6.2 Prediction on Supply of Theme Park in China, 2017-2021
- 6.2.1 Prediction on Supply Quantity of Theme Park in China, 2017-2021
- 6.2.2 Predictions on Entertainments of Theme Park in China, 2017-2021
- 6.3 Predictions on Demands in China's Theme Park Market, 2017-2021
- 6.3.1 Prediction on Market Size module of Theme Park in China, 2017-2021
- 6.3.2 Prediction on Niche Demands for Theme Parks in China, 2017-2021
- Chart Classification of Theme Park
- Chart GDP and Disposable Income Per Capita in China, 2011-2021
- Chart Engel's Coefficient of Urban and Rural Residents in China, 2011-2016
- Chart Policies on Theme Park Industry by the Chinese Government
- Chart Volume of Theme Park in China, 2012-2016
- Chart Number of Domestic Tourists in China, 2012-2016
- Chart Market Size of China's Theme Park Industry, 2012-2016
- Chart Comprehensive Operating Revenue of Parks of Changzhou Dinosaurland Co., Ltd. of Changzhou Dinosaurland Co., Ltd., 2013-2016
- Chart Comprehensive Tourism Revenue of Shenzhen Overseas Chinese Town Co., Ltd.
- Chart Revenue of Theme Park of Songcheng Performing Art Development Co., Ltd.
- Chart Revenue of Lingnan Landscape Co., Ltd., 2012-2016
- Chart Operation and Management Revenue of Xi'an Qujiang Cultural Tourism Group Co., Ltd., 2012-2016
- Chart Revenue of Theme Park of Haichang Ocean Park Holdings Ltd., 2012-2016
- Chart Revenue of Theme Park of Fantawhild Holding Inc, 2012-2016
- Chart Prediction on Market Size of Theme Park in China, 2017-2021
- Chart Prediction on Number of Tourists of Theme Park in China, 2017-2021