Product Code: 1604338
As an important component of the vehicle body, auto glass is mainly used in automobile manufacturing and repair. So the demand for auto glass is closely related to the production and reserve of automobiles. China has been the largest automobile manufacturer and seller of new automobiles for 7 years since 2009. In 2015, the sales volume of new vehicles exceeded 25 million, and automobile reserves reached 172 million. Increasing production and reserve of automobiles bring huge growth potential for China's auto glass market. Global auto glass market is highly monopolized. Leading enterprises of auto glass, such as Asahi Glass Co., Ltd. and Saint-Gobain, occupy most of the global market shares. In China, FUYAO GLASS Corporation accounts for half of the auto glass market share.
With the rapid development of China's automobile industry in recent years, market demand in China's auto glass industry increases at an average annual rate of above 10%. The demand for auto glass in China exceeded 150 million square meters in 2015.
The characteristics of China's auto glass market are as follows. OEM market has high barriers to entry and long certification cycle, including the third-party certification, automobile factory certification, product bidding, and design and testing. The acquisition of whole vehicle accessory orders normally takes 2-3 years. Whole vehicle manufacturers require high-standard R&D, logistics supply, and product quality, while OEM market has large demand and high concentration rate. Whole vehicle manufacturers choose auto glass manufacturers with strong competitiveness and high brand awareness as suppliers. The cooperation usually lasts long once established. In China, domestic auto brands is featured with a large number of varieties but a small production volume . The auto glass product has an economical sales radius. An advantageous location of production base may reduce costs and realize the short-distance supply.
Fuyao Glass is the largest manufacturer of auto glass in China, which accounts for more than 50% of China's auto glass market share. Meanwhile, Fuyao Glass is expanding into overseas market.
By the end of 2015, the average automobile reserve is 125 vehicles per 1,000 people in China, which is far lower than that of 600-900 vehicles per 1,000 people in developed countries. With the sustainable development of Chinese economy, China's automobile market has huge development potential.
The annual growth rate of China's auto glass market demand is expected to remain above 10% in 2016-2020. Problems still exist in China's auto glass industry. Most enterprises are small-scale with low-quality products except a few large-scale enterprises. The medium and small enterprises are expected to be eliminated while market space will be seized by leading enterprises.
Through this report, the readers can acquire the following information:
- Development Environment of China's Auto Glass Industry
- Supply and Demand in China's Auto Glass Industry
- Market Competition in China's Auto Glass Industry
- Import and Export of Auto Glass in China
- Major Auto Glass Manufacturers in China and Their Operation Status
- Investment Opportunities in China's Auto Glass Industry
- Prospect of China's Auto Glass Industry
The Following Enterprises and People Are Recommended to Purchase This Report:
- Auto Glass Manufacturers
- Manufacturers of Whole Vehicles
- Automobile Maintenance and Repair Enterprises
- Investors/Research Institutes Concerned about China's Auto Glass Industry
Table of Contents
1. Relevant Concepts of Auto Glass
- 1.1. Definition and Classification
- 1.1.1. Definition
- 1.1.2. Classification
- 1.2. Production Technology
2. Development Environment of Auto Glass Industry in China, 2011-2015
- 2.1. Economic Environment
- 2.1.1. Global Economy
- 2.1.2. Chinese Economy
- 2.2. Policy Environment
- 2.2.1. Policies Concerning Auto Accessory Industry
- 2.2.2. Related Policies of Glass Industry
- 2.3. Operation Status of China's Automobile Industry
- 2.3.1. Production Status of Automobiles in China, 2011-2015
- 2.3.2. Sales Status of Automobiles in China, 2011-2015
3. Development Status of Auto Glass Industry in China, 2011-2015
- 3.1. Production Status
- 3.1.1. Production Capacity
- 3.1.2. Production Volume
- 3.2. Market Demand in China's Auto Glass Industry
- 3.2.1. Overall Demand
- 3.2.2. OEM Market
- 3.2.3. Post-Sale Market
- 3.4. Import and Export
- 3.4.1. Import
- 3.4.2. Export
4. Market Competition of China's Auto Glass Industry, 2011- 2015
- 4.1. Barriers to Entry
- 4.2.2. Technological Barriers
4.1.2. Capital Barriers
- 4.1.3. Barriers of Channels
- 4.2. Competition Status in Different Markets
- 4.2.1. Whole Vehicle Accessory (OEM) Market
- 4.2.2. Automobile Maintenance and Repair Market
- 4.3. Competition Between Foreign-funded Enterprises and Chinese Domestic Enterprises
5. Major Auto Glass Manufacturers of Global Market, 2011-2014
- 5.1. Asahi Glass Co., Ltd.
- 5.1.1. Enterprise Profile
- 5.1.2. Operation Status
- 5.1.3. Development Status in China
- 5.2. NSG Group
- 5.2.1. Enterprise Profile
- 5.2.2. Operation Status
- 5.2.3. Development Status in China
- 5.3. Guardian Industries
- 5.4. Saint-Gobain
6. Major Auto Glass Manufacturers in Chinese Market, 2011-2015
- 6.1. FUYAO GLASS Corporation
- 6.1.1. Enterprise Profile
- 6.1.2. Operation Status
- 6.1.3. Development Status of Auto Glass Product
- 6.2. Shanghai Yaohua Pilkington Glass Group Co., Ltd.
- 6.3. Jiangsu Tiemao Glass Co., Ltd.
- 6.4. Wuhan Wuyao Safety Glass Co., Ltd.
- 6.5. Guilin Pilkington Safety Glass Co., Ltd.
- 6.6. Asahi Auto Glass (China) Co., Ltd.
- 6.7. Changchun Pilkington Safety Glass Co., Ltd.
- 6.8. Changzhou Changjiang Glass Co., Ltd.
- 6.9. Xinyi Automobile Glass (ShenZhen) Co., Ltd.
- 6.10. Shanxi Lihu Glass (Group) Co., Ltd.
- 6.11. Guangzhou Dongxu Automobile Glass Co., Ltd.
- 6.12. Hebei Tongyong Glass Industrial Co., Ltd.
- 6.13. Wendeng Mingchi Safety Glass Co., Ltd.
- 6.14. BSG Auto Glass Co., Ltd.
7. Prospect of Auto Glass Industry in China, 2016-2020
- 7.1. Factors Influencing Development
- 7.1.1. Policy Environment
- 7.1.2. Economic Situation
- 7.1. Forecast on Supply
- 7.1.1. Factors Influencing Supply in China's Auto Glass Industry
- 7.1.2. Forecast on Production Volume and Production Capacity
- 7.2. Forecast on Demand
- 7.2.1. Factors Influencing Demand in China's Auto Glass Industry
- 7.2.2. Forecast on Demand in China's Auto Glass Market
- 7.3. Discussion about Investment Opportunities in China's Auto Glass Industry
- 7.4. Suggestion on Development and Investment in China's Auto Glass Industry
- Chart Production of Automobiles in China, 2011-2015
- Chart Production of Auto Glass in China, 2011-2015
- Chart Demand for Auto Glass in China, 2011-2015
- Chart Market Size of Auto Glass in China, 2011-2015
- Chart Demand Volume in Auto Glass Market for Whole Vehicles in China, 2011-2015
- Chart Status of Major Auto Glass Manufacturers as Auxiliary for Whole Vehicle Enterprises in China
- Chart Demand Volume for Auto Glass in China's After-sale Market, 2011-2015
- Chart Operation Status of Asahi Glass Co., Ltd., 2011-2015
- Chart Major Production Bases and Auxiliary Auto Brands of Auto Glass from Fuyao Glass by the End of 2015
- Chart Sales Revenue of Auto Glass Products of Fuyao Glass, 2011-2015
- Chart Operation Status of Shanghai Yaohua Pilkington Glass Group Co., Ltd., 2011-2015
- Chart Flat Glass Industry Chain
- Chart Forecast on Production Volume of China's Auto Glass, 2016-2020
- Chart Forecast on Automobile Reserves in China, 2016-2020
- Chart Market Price of Float Glass in China, 2015-2016
- Chart Forecast on Demand for Auto Glass in China, 2016-2020
- Chart Forecast on Auto Glass OEM Market in China, 2016-2020