Hot topic of modified starch in China
- The trade of cassava and its derivatives is gonging well. The growth of export volume of cassava of Thailand increased by around 14%-18% year on year in 2013, after the increment of 11.9% year on year in 2012. In 2013, the import volume of cassava was mostly from Thailand, which capturing 68.9% of China's total import volume in 2013. Besides, Thailand is the biggest import origin of modified starch for China. In 2013, China imported 209,772 tonnes of modified starch from Thailand. It was estimated that most of the modified starch from Thailand were cassava modified starch, matching the ample cassava resources of Thailand. The cultivation and output of cassava is supported by Thailand government. There is a policy for government, other than producer to buy cassava directly form farmer. The policy was implemented for twice, during February to June in 2012 and in March 2013 respectively. The prices were both higher than the market price by around 7%-8%, which not only benefiting farmer and ensuring the supply and export of cassava, but also benefiting Chinese producers of cassava processing industry. Producer of cassava modified starch will be one of them.
- The national standard of modified food starch has been discussed for quite a long time, since a producer used substandard modified food starch in food production in 2010. However, the National Health and Family Planning Commission of the People's Republic of China (NHFPC) issued a standard for 14 modified starches. But since it was without operation details that it could not be implemented. After that, in 2011, Chinese modified starch committee got a mission from the NHFPC, the only authorized organ, to issue an exposure draft on modified food starch. But it did not effect. Finally, on 6th Feb 2013, the NHFPC issued a document called "Food Microbe Testing and Deputy Hemolytic Vibrio Inspection", which included 13 safety standards for modified food starch. Till then, modified starch had national standards, which would lead modified starch industry to be mature.
- -Background: After the soaring development of Chinese economy in the past decade, China, has become the second largest in modified starch production base worldwide, following the US. The output of modified starch in China reached 1.7 million tonnes and consumed 1.8 million tonnes in 2013, declaring the influence and potential of Chinese modified starch. Currently, Chinese economy is enduring the transition period, under the background of economic slowdown and over capacity, which bringing temporary pain. Like in modified starch industry, the growth rate was gone gently in last two years. But the next outburst is worth waiting.
What to report: In this report, production of modified starch, import situation in 2013, consumption of modified starch by applications in 2013 and the profile of major producers of modified starch were included. At the beginning, production was introduced by several parts, The first past was about the general situations in output and capacity, producers, price and technology. Following were the elaborated parts, including production of modified starch based on different raw material in China, and development trend of modifies starch, also based on different raw material in China. Different raw materials stood for corn, cassava and potato. Thirdly, import situation in 2013 would be analyzed from more than three different aspects. Fourthly, consumption was introduced, by specific applications, not only divided by modified starch applications, but also by modified food starch applications. Forecast on output and consumption of modified starch in 2014-2018 and company profile would come at end.
Table of Contents
Methodology and introduction
1 Modified starch
- 1-1 Production (output, capacity, producers, price, technology, manufacturing cost)
- 1-2 Production of modified starch based on different raw material in China
- 1-3 Development trend of modified starch based on different raw materials in China
- 1-4 Import situation 2013
- 1-5 Consumption (by application area in 2013)
- 1-6 Forecast, 2014-2018
2 Profile of key modified starch manufacturers
- 2-1 Zhucheng Xingmao Corn Developing Co., Ltd.
- 2-2 Shandong Shouguang Juneng Group Golden Corn Co., Ltd.
- 2-3 Ting Hsin International Group
- 2-4 Zhejiang Hangzhou Papermate Science & Technology Co., Ltd.
- 2-5 Guangxi Beststarch Creatmaterial Co., Ltd.
- 2-6 Gansu Shengdafangzhou Potato Modified Starch Co., Ltd.
- 2-7 Beidahuang Potato Industry Group
- 2-8 Shandong Dezhou Fuyuan Biology Starch Co., Ltd.
- 2-9 Foshan Huahao Huafeng Starch Co., Ltd.
- 2-10 Guangdong Dongguan Dongmei Food Co., Ltd.
List of tables:
- Table 1.1-1 Concentration ratio of modified starch manufacture in China, 2009 and 2013
- Table 1.1-2 Introduction of major producers of modified starch in China, 2013
- Table 1.1-3 Major producers of modified starch in China, 2013
- Table 1.1-4 Cost structure of corn modified starch for food in 2013
- Table 1.2-1 Chemical properties of raw materials of different modified starches
- Table 1.2-2 Physical properties of different modified starches by raw materials
- Table 1.2-3 Top5 producers of corn modified starch by output volume in China, 2013
- Table 1.2-4 Top5 producers of cassava modified starch by output volume in China, 2013
- Table 1.2-5 Top5 producers of potato modified starch by output volume in China, 2013
- Table 1.4-1 Major import regions of modified starch by volume in China, 2013
- Table 1.4-2 Major import enterprise of modified starch in China, 2013
- Table 2.1-1 Capacity and output of modified starch of Zhucheng Xingmao, 2012-2014
- Table 2.2-1 Capacity and output of modified starch of Golden Corn, 2012-2014
- Table 2.3-1 Capacity and output of modified starch of Ting Hsin, 2012-2014
- Table 2.4-1 Capacity and output of modified starch of Hangzhou Papermate, 2012-2014
- Table 2.5-1 Capacity and output of modified starch of Guangxi Beststarch, 2012-2014
- Table 2.6-1 Capacity and output of modified starch of Gansu Shengdafangzhou, 2012-2014
- Table 2.7-1 Capacity and output of modified starch of Beidahuang, 2012-2014
- Table 2.8-1 Capacity and output of modified starch of Dezhou Fuyuan, 2012-2014
- Table 2.9-1 Capacity and output of modified starch of Foshan Huahao Huafeng, 2012-2014
- Table 2.10-1 Capacity and output of modified starch of Dongguan Dongmei, 2012-2014
List of figures:
- Figure 1.1-1 Production of modified starch in China, 2009-2013
- Figure 1.1-2 Flow chart of producing modified starch by wet method
- Figure 1.1-3 Flow chart of producing modified starch by dry method
- Figure 1.2-1 Output share of modified starch by raw materials in China, 2013
- Figure 1.2-2 Ex-works price of corn starch in China, 2013
- Figure 1.2-3 Market price of homemade cassava starch in China, 2013
- Figure 1.2-4 Ex-works price of potato starch (first grade) in China , 2013
- Figure 1.4-1 Import volume of modified starch in China, 2013
- Figure 1.4-2 The import volume share of modified starch by receipt place in China, 2013
- Figure 1.5-1 Apparent consumption of modified starch in China, 2009-2013
- Figure 1.5-2 Consumption of modified starch by application area in China, 2013
- Figure 1.5-3 Consumption of modified food starch by application area in China, 2013
- Figure 1.6-1 Forcast on output of modified starch in Chian, 2014-2018
- Figure 1.6-2 Forcast on consumption of modified starch in China, 2014-2018
- Figure 2.3-1 Output share of modified starch by raw material in Ting Hsin, 2013
- Figure 2.4-1 Output share of modified starch by raw material in Hangzhou Papermate, 2013
- Figure 2.5-1 Output share of modified starch by raw material in Guangxi Beststarch, 2013
- Figure 2.10-1 Output share of modified starch by raw material in Dongguan Dongmei , 2013