Dairy product industry hot topics in 2013:
- In May 2013, the Hong Kong SAR government issued the purchase restrictions on quantities of milk powder, stipulating that people aged 16 or more than 16 can leave Hong Kong with carrying less than 1.8 kg milk powder.
- In June 2013, the State Council approved the Plan for Promoting the Merger and Acquisition (M&A) among Infant Formula Powder Enterprises, published by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, the National Development and Reform Commission, the Ministry of Finance and the China Food and Drug Administration. After the following five years, the number of China's enterprises in infant formula powder industry will be integrated into about 50.
- In 16 June, 2013, General Office of the State Council issued the Suggestion on Further Improve the Quality and Safety of Infant Milk Powder. The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology together with the China Food and Drug Administration introduced the common regulation policy of infant milk powder.
Great changes have taken place in China's dairy product industry. There are obvious improvements at the levels of technical equipment, milk production bases and business management. Besides, M&A between enterprises are becoming more frequently. And M&A improves the market competitiveness of the enterprises. As it further expands the enterprise scale, M&A helps to optimize the resources and realize culture reconstruction of enterprises.
Purpose of report:
To clearly describe China's M&A in dairy industry, CCM has collected lots of information in various ways. In this report, current situation, motivation and background for M&A has been described in detail, main M&A cases of milk enterprises also have been analyzed.
What to report:
In this report, M&A in dairy product industry has been analyzed exhaustively from the following aspects:
- Current situation of dairy product industry
- Listed dairy product enterprises motivations for M&A
- Background analysis of M&A of listed dairy product enterprises
- M&A case analysis
The number of baby and infant powder milk enterprises will be significantly reduced. Half of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) dairy enterprises will be eliminated from the dairy market. Also, dairy product enterprises will continue to upgrade their product structure.
Table of Contents
3 Current situation of dairy product industry
4 Listed dairy product companies' motivations for M&A
5 Background analysis of M&A of listed dairy product companies
- 5-1 Policy factor
- 5-2 Increased market demand
- 5-3 Intensified competition among dairy product companies
6 M&A case analysis
- 6-1 Inner Mongolia Mengniu Dairy (Group) Co., Ltd.
- 6-2 Bright Dairy & Food Co., Ltd.
- 6-3 Inner Mongolia Yili Industrial Group Co., Ltd.
- 6-4 Feihe International, Inc.
- 6-5 Other M&A events
- 7-1 M&A obstacles
- 7-2 M&A effects
- 7-3 M&A trends
List of tables:
- Table 2-1 15 major listed dairy product companies in China
- Table 3-1 Revenue of the top 4 listed dairy product enterprises, 2009 and 2013
- Table 5.2-1 Gap of milk market of major dairy product enterprises in China, 2013
List of figures:
- Figure 3-1 Output of dairy products in China, 2009-2013
- Figure 3-2 Output of raw milk in China, 2009-2013
- Figure 5.2-1 Per capita dairy consumption in China, 2001-2013, Kg
- Figure 5.2-2 Comparison of per capita dairy consumption in the world, 2013
- Figure 7.3-1 Number of infant formula powder enterprises in China, 2010-2018