Through eliminating outdated capacities, the capacity of monosodium glutamate (MSG) reduced in 2014. And affecting by the raw materials in upstream and overall social and economic environment, the output also decreased in 2014 compared with that in 2013. After the standardization and integration of MSG industry, the Chinese government also continues to help MSG develop in a healthy way. This report- Production and Market of Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) in China helps clients to clearly know how the domestic MSG industry going and find a new growth point of traditional MSG industry.
Affected by the drought and the shortage of raw material supply, the MSG price increased in 2014. And the emergence of many kinds of substitutes has a certain influences to the MSG consumption. It has formed a situation that the two largest companies in China monopolies the domestic MSG market, many producers in first tier cities have transferred to OEM packaging. MSG, as one of necessary condiments in China, will exist for a long time with stable development.
This report offers the capacity, output and consumption data of MSG in China and to analyze the price fluctuation by tracing domestic producers' production situation in detail. Besides, it also reasonably forecasts the market situation in the next five years (2015-2019) with several historical data, helping clients to make production or investment plan.
Table of Contents
1 Key factors affecting the development of MSG industry
- 1-1 Economic environment
- 1-2 Government policy
- 1-3 Consumption habits
2 Supply & demand of MSG in China
- 2-1 Technology of MSG industry
- 2-1-1 Fermentation technology and hydrolysis method
- 2-1-2 Waste treatment
- 2-2 Current production situation
- 2-2-1 Summary of MSG production (capacity, output, key players, etc.), 2014
- 2-2-2 Major analysis of economy index of MSG production
- 2-3 Raw material supply situation
- 2-4 Price of MSG in China, 2011-H1 2015
- 2-5 Import and export of MSG, 2014
- 2-5-1 Export situation
- 2-5-2 Import situation
- 2-6 MSG consumption in China
- 2-6-1 Consumption summary of MSG in China (volume and value), 2010-2014
- 2-6-2 Market segmentation
3 Future prospect of MSG in China
4 Conclusion and opportunity
5 Appendix (profile of major MSG manufacturers)
- 5-1 Fufeng Group Co., Ltd.
- 5-2 Meihua Biological Technology Group Co., Ltd.
- 5-3 Henan Lotus Gourmet Powder Inc.
- 5-4 Shandong Linghua M.S.G Incorporated Co., Ltd.
- 5-5 Shandong Qilu Monosodium Glutamate Group Co., Ltd.
- 5-6 Ningxia EPPEN Bioengineering Stock Co., Ltd.
- 5-7 Shandong Xinle Monosodium Glutamate Foods Co., Ltd.
- 5-8 Shandong Shenghua Industry Co., Ltd.
- 5-9 Chongqing Hoyoo Biology Industrial (Group) Co., Ltd.
- 5-10 Fujian Jianyang Wuyi MSG Co., Ltd.
- 5-11 Guangzhou Shuangqiao Co., Ltd.
- 5-12 Sichuan China Chengdu Guotai Co., Ltd.
- 5-13 Shandong Linglan Monosodium Glutamate Co., Ltd.
- 5-14 Zhejiang Honeybee Group Co., Ltd.
- 5-15 Hangzhou Xihu Gourmet Powder Group Co., Ltd.
- 5-16 Wenzhou Kuailu Group Co., Ltd.
- 5-17 Guangdong PRB Bio-tech Co., Ltd.
List of tables
- Table 1.2-1 Polices and regulations on MSG industry in China, 2007-2015
- Table 2.1-1 Key technologies for MSG production in China, 2014
- Table 2.1.1-1 Fermentation technologies in GA production in China
- Table 2.1.2-1 Key waste treatment technologies adopted by MSG producers in China
- Table 2.1.2-2 Major cases of MSG manufacturers benefited from recycling wastewater, 2013-2014
- Table 2.2.1-1 Key active players' MSG production situation in China, 2013-H1 2015
- Table 2.2.1-2 China's MSG capacities in idle or stopped situation, H1 2015
- Table 2.2.1-3 New expansion information of MSG capacity in China, 2014
- Table 2.3-1 Key MSG players' demand for GA in China, 2014
- Table 2.5.1-1 Monthly export volume and export price of MSG in China, 2014
- Table 2.5.1-2 Export situation of MSG by destination in China, 2014
- Table 2.5.2-1 Monthly import situation of MSG in China, 2014
- Table 2.5.2-2 Import situation of MSG by origin in China, 2014
- Table 2.6.2-1 Apparent consumption volume of MSG by application fields in China, 2014
- Table 2.6.2-2 Major MSG consumers in condiment and food industries in China, 2014
- Table 5.1-1 Information about Fufeng Group
- Table 5.1-2 MSG situation in Fufeng Group, H1 2015
- Table 5.2-1 Information about Meihua Group
- Table 5.2-2 MSG situation in Meihua Group, H1 2015
- Table 5.3-1 Information about Henan Lotus
- Table 5.3-2 MSG situation in Henan Lotus, H1 2015
- Table 5.4-1 Information about Shandong Linghua
- Table 5.4-2 MSG situation in Shandong Linghua, H1 2015
- Table 5.5-1 Information about Shandong Qilu
- Table 5.5-2 MSG situation in Shandong Qilu, H1 2015
- Table 5.6-1 Information about Ningxia EPPEN
- Table 5.6-2 MSG situation in Ningxia EPPEN, H1 2015
- Table 5.7-1 Information about Shandong Xinle
- Table 5.7-2 MSG situation in Shandong Xinle, H1 2015
- Table 5.8-1 Information about Shandong Shenghua
- Table 5.8-2 MSG situation in Shandong Shenghua, H1 2015
- Table 5.9-1 Information about Chongqing Hoyoo
- Table 5.9-2 MSG situation in Chongqing Hoyoo, H1 2015
- Table 5.10-1 Information about Fujian Jianyang
- Table 5.10-2 MSG situation in Fujian Jianyang, H1 2015
- Table 5.11-1 Information about Guangzhou Shuangqiao
- Table 5.11-2 MSG situation in Guangzhou Shuangqiao, H1 2015
- Table 5.12-1 Information about Chengdu Guotai
- Table 5.12-2 MSG situation in Chengdu Guotai, H1 2015
- Table 5.13-1 Information about Shandong Linglan
- Table 5.13-2 MSG situation in Shandong Linglan, H1 2015
- Table 5.14-1 Information about Zhejiang Honeybee
- Table 5.14-2 MSG situation in Zhejiang Honeybee, H1 2015
- Table 5.15-1 Information about Xihu Gourmet Powder
- Table 5.15-2 MSG situation in Xihu Gourmet Powder, H1 2015
- Table 5.16-1 Information about Wenzhou Kuailu
- Table 5.16-2 MSG situation in Wenzhou Kuailu, H1 2015
- Table 5.17-1 Information about Guangdong PRB
- Table 5.17-2 MSG situation in Guangdong PRB, H1 2015
List of figures
- Figure 1.1-1 GDP in China, 2005-2014
- Figure 1.1-2 Food industry index
- Figure 1.1-3 Turnover of catering business in China, 2006-2014
- Figure 1.3-1 Urbanization progress in China, 2007-2014
- Figure 2.1-1 Milestones of technological development for MSG production in the world
- Figure 2.1-2 Share of MSG capacity by method in China, 2014
- Figure 2.1.1-1 Flowchart of MSG production technology in China
- Figure 2.2.1-1 Capacity distribution of MSG in China, H1 2015
- Figure 2.2.1-2 MSG production in China, 2010-H1 2015
- Figure 2.3-1 Market size of raw materials for GA production by output in China, 2014
- Figure 2.3-2 Corn supply situation in China, 2008-2014
- Figure 2.3-3 Distribution share of corn output in China, 2013
- Figure 2.3-4 Wheat supply situation in China, 2008-2014
- Figure 2.3-5 Rice supply situation in China, 2008-2014
- Figure 2.4-1 Prices of MSG and corn in China, 2011-H1 2015
- Figure 2.4-2 Monthly market price of corn in China, Jan. 2013-May 2015
- Figure 2.5.1-1 Export volume and average export price of MSG in China, 2011-2014
- Figure 2.5.1-2 Monthly export volume and export price of MSG in China, 2014
- Figure 2.5.2-1 Import volume and average import price of MSG in China, 2011-2014
- Figure 2.5.2-2 Monthly import volume and import price of MSG in China, 2014
- Figure 2.6.1-1 MSG consumption situation in China, 2010-2014
- Figure 2.6.2-1 Consumption proportion of MSG by volume in different end-use segments in China, 2014
- Figure 2.6.2-2 Consumption proportion of MSG by volume in different application fields in China, 2006, 2010, 2014
- Figure 2.6.2-3 Condiment retail sales in China, 2010-2014
- Figure 2.6.2-4 Output of instant noodles in China, 2010-2014
- Figure 3-1 Forecast on capacity and output of MSG in China, 2015-2019
- Figure 3-2 Forecast on total consumption volume of MSG in China, 2015-2019
- Figure 3-3 Forecast on MSG consumption change by application fields in China, 2015-2019