Product Code: CS0621IS
The North American food market is constantly evolving with new trends influencing consumer eating habits creating many different issues for manufacturers aiming to capitalize on the food market. Some of the most important trends in the region include traditional foods, exotic and healthy foods, high-quality convenience and the growing importance of vegetables as the main component of a meal.
- The US is the one of largest food markets in volume terms among the countries analyzed. This can be attributed to population size, high income and consumption rates.
- Increasing food adventurism, diets, experimentation and a focus on both local and exotic foods are changing the food landscape in the region.
- The food market in the region is becoming far more diverse and fragmented than in previous years due to globalization, immigration and food experimentation.
Canadean's 'Hot New Food Trends in North America' report identifies the key and upcoming trends driving consumption across America and Canada. The report explores the attitudes and behaviors of modern consumers in order to draw conclusions on what they want now - and over the next 5-10 years. The report details current and future expectations of consumption behaviors and consumer attitudes, derived from the survey responses of 3,000 North American consumers in the US and Canada.
What else does this report offer?
- Being region specific ensures the analysis is relevant
- Highlights sustainable trends that are made apparent in Canadean's unique 2015 consumer attitudes and behaviors survey
- Forward thinking analysis of how consumer needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term and recommended actions on how to adapt to these evolving needs
- Key product examples that show the trends in action
Reasons To Buy
- Find out what types of products consumers are purchasing, why they are consuming them, and what they will be looking for in the next few years to understand and maximize growth opportunities
- Focus on consumer trends identifying what is happening now and forecasting future trends to ensure your brand matches demand
- Product examples and key recommendations help to derive key strategies in areas such as formulation, packaging and key consumer targets
- Unique 2015 survey data from the US and Canada granting an exclusive insight into the North American food market to get a firm understanding of the market potential
Table of Contents
Introduction and Summary Methodology
Overview of new food trends in North America
- The importance of understanding certain trends impact on the food market
New food trends in North America
- The return of traditional food
- Exotic healthy foreign foods are appealing more to North Americans
- 'Foodies' want convenience too
- Vegetables take center plate
The next 5-10 years of food trends predictions
- Food will become entertainment as consumers use it to show off their own skills, knowledge and sophistication
- North American consumers will begin to see the beauty in "ugly" vegetables and fruits
- Micro-localism will replace regionalism as consumers search out for more home grown products and brands
Detailed methodology and Appendix
- Survey methodology
- Consumer data methodology
- About Canadean