Product Code: CS1743MF
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of Japan's Dairy market. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Dairy Foods categories and their packaging.
- Japan's Dairy market will register higher growth in sales during 2014-2019 compared to 2009-2014 in US$ terms. Rising GDP per capita and increased health concerns will influence growth of Dairy market in Japan.
- Milk is the largest category in terms of both value and volume in the Dairy market for off-trade consumption.
- Yogurt is forecast to be the fastest growing category during 2014-2019.
- Meiji, Snow Brand, Glico and Vitasoy are the leading brands in the Dairy Foods market in Japan
- Rigid Plastics Tub will be the most used container type during 2014-2019.
This report is based on market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Dairy market in Japan. It includes overall Dairy market value and volume analysis, on-trade and off-trade splits, category and segmental breakdown for nine Dairy Foods categories for the period 2009-2019. The report also provides extensive brand share coverage, snapshot of the Food Retail landscape in the country, Distribution data covering key distribution channels including on-trade, and Dairy packaging in the country.
Reasons To Buy
This overview of the Dairy Market in Japan allows new entrants and established companies to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into market value and volume, category analysis, brand shares, distribution channel data, and packaging.
Table of Contents
- Report introduction and definitions
- Market Overview
- Macroeconomic indicators - Population and age structure, GDP and Consumer Price Index
- National retail and foodservice figures - Key Takeouts
- Market value and volume for the Japan market
- Historical and projected consumption in the Japan market
- Degree of trade up/down-trade in the Japan market
- Market volume of Japan by category
- Historical and project market value of Japan by category
- Winners and losers in the Japan market
- Segment share of the category and change in market share in the Japan market
- Category level pricing in the Japan market
- Retailer and packaging
- Leading retailers in the Japan food market
- Leading distribution channels in the Japan market
- Leading distribution channels by category in the Japan market
- Japan market by type of packaging
- Japan market by type of packaging closure/outer
- Japan market by type of packaging, forecasted
- Private label performance compared to national brands in the Japan market
- Leading companies in the Japan market by category
- Leading brands in the Japan market by category
- Consumer trend analysis
- Canadean's consumer trend framework and explanation of the sub-trends
- For key trends in the Japan market
- How the trend is influencing consumption in the Japan market
- How to target the trend in the Japan market
- How the trend will evolve in the Japan market
- Key target demographic and the rate and which the trend will evolve
- Key drivers in the market that will increasingly influence consumption
- Innovation examples
- New product examples launched in the Japan market
- Country context
- Sector overview
- Category data
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
- About Canadean