Product Code: CS3563MF
Increasing GDP per Capita and a large percentage of working population is driving the growth of the Thai Prepared Meals market. The Prepared Meals market is being led by the Ready Meals category, which is also forecast to register fastest growth in both value and volume terms during 2015-2020. Hypermarkets and Supermarkets accounts for the highest share of distribution of Prepared Meals in the country. Alfredo Foods Inc. and Charoen Pokphand Foods Pcl are the leading players in the market.
- The Ready Meals category has the highest volume share in the overall Prepared Meals market in Thailand.
- Hypermarkets and Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel across all categories in the Thai Prepared Meals market.
- The Ready Meals category is expected to gain market share during 2015-2020.
- The use of Tray containers is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2020.
Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Prepared Meals market in Thailand provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Meal Kits, Pizza, and Ready Meals with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands brands.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal and others; container data for: Tub, Tray, Bag/Sachet, Pouch and others
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Table of Contents
- Macroeconomic indicators - GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
- Retail and foodservice figures - Key Takeaways
- Value and volume analysis for the Thai Prepared Meals market
- Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on the Thai Prepared Meals market
- Degree of trade up/down in the Thai Prepared Meals market
- Volume analysis by category
- Market value and growth rates, by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
- Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
- Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in the Thai Food market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in the Thai Prepared Meals market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Market share of leading brands (in value and volume terms) by category and segment
- Prepared Meals market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Prepared Meals market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Prepared Meals market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector overview
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
- About Canadean
List of Tables
- Table 1: Country Indicators - overall food value and volume, 2015
- Table 2: Market value analysis in THB and US$, 2010-2020
- Table 3: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
- Table 4: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to THB
- Table 5: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
- Table 6: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
- Table 7: Average price per kg comparison by categories
- Table 8: Leading retailers
- Table 9: Leading brands by segments, 2015
- Table 10: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
- Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
- Figure 2: Foodservice transactions by sectors, profit and cost, 2015
- Figure 3: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
- Figure 4: Consumers purchase behavior - Tra