Product Code: FD0057IS
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the French Prepared Meals Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product development that effectively targets the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
- Better Value for Money will continue to influence product choice in Prepared Meals, in regards to both lower cost and trading-up
- Hectic lives leading to time-scarcity will continue to by the key motivator of Prepared Meals consumption in France
- Consumption of Prepared Meals among French consumers was driven by the pursuit of Indulgence
- High quality Prepared Meals which offer new taste and flavor ranges will become increasing popular in France
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the French Prepared Meals Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the French market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Prepared Meals, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
- Market value and volumes over 2008-2018 for France and nine other countries to give a global context.
- The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Prepared Meals consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs of will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
- Examples of international and France-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of French Prepared Meals consumers. This is based on Canadean's unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Prepared Meals sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Table of Contents
- Category classification and demographic definitions
- Summary methodology
- Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
- Busy Lives and search for convenient food is driving Prepared Meals demand in France
- The French Prepared Meals market currently valued at EUR3.9 billion will witness slow growth in the next five years
- Ready Meals accounts for the highest share of volume consumption in the French Prepared Meals market
- There were 2.0 billion Prepared Meals occasions in France with consumption higher among men and older consumers
- The French Prepared Meals market is second highest among European nations, in value terms
- The French Prepared Meals market is fourth highest across major countries, in volume terms
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
- French males are over-consuming Prepared Meals over their female counterparts
- The working class population are primarily over-consuming in the French Prepared Meals market
- French men are 'heavy frequency' consumers of Prepared Meals
- The French working population cohort follow 'heavy frequency' consumption of Prepared Meals
Consumer trend analysis
- Busy Lives is the leading motivational factor in the French Prepared Meals market
- Consumer trends influencing Prepared Meals consumption can be compared globally to highlight the degree of influence of each trend
- The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: French consumers prefer Prepared Meals that meets the requirements caused by change in lifestages
- The Connectivity mega-trend: Media has a positive influence in creating a 'connect' between consumers and the product
- The Convenience mega-trend: The Busy Lives of French consumers is the leading motivator for choosing Prepared Meals
- The Ethics mega-trend: Prepared Meals consumption in France is least influenced by ethical concerns
- The Experience and Enjoyment mega-trend: French consumers desire to indulge in Prepared Meals is influencing volume consumption
- The Health and Wellness mega-trend: Health concerns will have limited influence on purchase of Prepared Meals
- The Individuality mega-trend: Manufacturers offer a wide gamut of choices to cater to consumers personal taste and preference
- The Trust mega-trend: The horsegate scandal will continue to influence purchase pattern of Prepared Meals in France
- The Value mega-trend: When choosing Prepared Meals, French consumers desire value for money products
- Manufacturers of Prepared Meals are innovating across categories to target growing needs of the Spanish consumers
- Global innovations on formulation and positioning can be a source of inspiration for Spanish manufacturers
- An explanation of the sub-trends
- Detailed methodology
- About Canadean