Product Code: FD0056IS
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the German Prepared Meals Food Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product development that effectively targets the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
- Age-specific Prepared Meals products are a growing phenomenon in the German Prepared Meals market, to support the health concerns of different age groups
- Hectic lives leading to time-scarcity will continue to influence Prepared Meals Food consumption in Germany
- The consumption of Prepared Meals products among Germans is driven by the pursuit of pleasure and indulgence
- Excellent value products with direct benefits to the consumer will continue to drive the Prepared Meals market in Germany
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the German Prepared Meals Food Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Germany market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Prepared Meals, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
- Market value and volumes over 2008-2018 for Germany and nine other countries to give a global context.
- The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Prepared Meals consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs of will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
- Examples of international and Germany-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Germany Prepared Meals consumers. This is based on Canadean's unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Prepared Meals sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Table of Contents
- Category classification and demographic definitions
- Summary methodology
- Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
- Market context
- Busy Lives and the search for convenience are driving Prepared Meals market in Germany
- The German Prepared Meals market is currently at EUR3.9 billion, is forecast to witness higher growth in next five years
- Ready Meals account for 62.7% of all volume sold in the German Prepared Meals market
- There were 3.1 billion Prepared Meals occasions in Germany in 2012, with the highest occasions witnessed amongst Older Consumers and Men
- Germany's Prepared Meals market is forecast good growth
- Germany has the fourth highest per capita volume consumption among major countries in the world
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
- Men marginally over-consume Prepared Meals compared to women
- Older consumers are under-consuming in the German Prepared Meals market
- Men are marginally over reliant on Prepared Meals compared to women
- Early Young Adults are most likely to be classified as "heavy" users of Prepared Meals in Germany
Consumer trend analysis
- Busy Lives and Indulgence are the key motivations for consuming Prepared Meals in Germany
- Comparing consumer trends influence on Prepared Meals consumption across major markets
- The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: German consumers demand Prepared Meals that meet their age and lifestage related needs
- The Connectivity mega-trend: German consumers are more likely to connect over a shared Pizza than a Meal Kit or Ready Meal
- The Convenience mega-trend: Consumers seeking convenient meal time options is the primary driver of Prepared Meals consumption
- The Ethics mega-trend: Ethical and Environmental issues have limited influence on the consumption of Prepared Meals in Germany
- The Experience and Enjoyment mega-trend: The desire for indulgent treats will drive the Prepared Meals market in Germany
- The Health and Wellness mega-trend: Health and Beauty aspects play a minimal role when it comes to consumption of Prepared Meals
- The Individuality mega-trend: Individual tastes and preferences will influence consumption of Prepared Meals in Germany
- The Trust mega-trend: Product safety can be a product differentiator following food scandals in Germany
- The Value mega-trend: Better Value for Money is among the leading trends influencing Prepared Meals consumption in Germany
- Manufacturers are innovating across categories to target the growing needs of German consumers
- Global innovations on formulation and packaging can be a source of inspiration for German manufacturers
- Opportunities lie among single-person households and between the differing needs of adults and children
- Manufacturers, marketers, and retailers need to consider changing consumption patterns and marketing opportunities
- An explanation of the sub-trends
- Detailed methodology
- About Canadean