Product Code: FD0054IS
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Ready Meals Food Market provides an overview of the market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product development that effectively targets the most pertinent consumer need states, and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on evolving consumer landscapes.
- Busy lives and search for convenience are driving Ready Meals consumption in China
- Men over-consume Ready Meals in China whilst women are under-consuming
- Older Consumers are under-consuming in Chinese Ready Meals market
- Product safety is one of the primary motivators of choice in the Ready Meals category
Understanding Consumer Trends and Drivers of Behavior in the Chinese Ready Meals Food Market identifies the key demographic groups driving consumption, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. The report also identifies the most important trends within the market and shows whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
Get access to:
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Chinese market. The figures showcase the number of times consumers of specific ages and gender consume Ready Meals, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall).
- Market value and volumes over 2008-2018 for China and nine other countries to give a global context.
- The degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Ready Meals consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group.
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the needs of will evolve in the short-to-medium term future.
- Examples of international and China-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
Reasons To Buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Chinese consumers. This is based on Canadean's unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Ready Meals sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Table of Contents
- Category classification and demographic definitions
- Summary methodology
- Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
- Busy lives and the search for convenience are driving Ready Meals' consumption in China
- The Chinese Ready Meals market is growing rapidly and is forecast to reach CNY10.7 billion by 2018
- Ambient Ready Meals dominates the Chinese Ready Meals market with 82.1% of volume share
- There were 546.8 million Ready Meals occasions in China in 2012, with the highest occasions witnessed among Pre-Mid-Lifers and Males
- China is the fastest-growing Ready Meals market both in value and volume terms
- China has the lowest per capita volume consumption among major countries in the world
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
- Men over-consume Ready Meals more than women in China
- Older consumers are under-consuming in the Chinese Ready Meals market
Consumer trend analysis
- Busy Lives and Changing Life Stages are the key motivations for consuming Ready Meals in China
- Comparing consumer trends' influence on Ready Meals' consumption across major markets
- The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: the delaying of responsibility and more ambitious life goals are driving the need for Ready Meals in China
- The Connectivity mega-trend: traditional foods such as 'congee' dominate the Chinese Ready Meals market
- The Convenience mega-trend: the busy lives of consumers is the leading motivation for choosing Ready Meals
- The Ethics mega-trend: Ethical and Environmental issues have limited influence on the consumption of Ready Meals in China
- The Experience and Enjoyment mega-trend: the desire for quality products will influence the choice in the Ready Meals market
- The Health and Wellness mega-trend: Beauty aspects play a limited role when it comes to the consumption of Ready Meals
- The Individuality mega-trend: consumers' desire to seek Personal Space and Time will influence the consumption of Ready Meals in China
- The Trust mega-trend: product safety is one of the primary motivators of choice in the Ready Meals category
- The Value mega-trend: Better Value for Money is one of the primary trends influencing Ready Meals' consumption in China
- Manufacturers are innovating across categories to target the growing needs of Chinese consumers
- Global innovations on formulation and packaging can be a source of inspiration for Chinese manufacturers
- Manufacturers should target busy consumers with convenient, value for money Ready Meals products
- Manufacturers should focus on providing single-person households with portion-controlled Ready Meals
- An explanation of the sub-trends
- Detailed methodology
- About Canadean