Product Code: FD0006IS
This report provides an overview of the Russian Dairy Food market, analyzing market data, demographic consumption patterns within the category, and the key consumer trends driving consumption. The report highlights innovative new product development for effectively targeting the most pertinent consumer need states and offers strategic recommendations to capitalize on the evolving consumer landscape.
- Russia's Dairy market is among the fastest-growing worldwide
- Consumers aged 55 and over are the key consumers of Dairy products in Russia
- Russians select Dairy products based on their value for money, quality, and taste credentials
- Low osteoporosis awareness provides manufacturers with an opportunity to educate consumers about the disease and explain Dairy's role in averting it.
This report allows readers to identify the key demographic groups driving consumption in the Russian Dairy market, and what motivates their consumption. The report uses a unique method of quantifying consumer trends to highlight the degree of influence they have on consumption within the category. This enables the reader to identify the most important trends within the market and also determine whether beliefs over what influences consumer behavior within the category are accurate.
In particular, this report includes:
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Russian market are identified. The figures showcase the number of Dairy occasions attributed to specific age groups and gender, as well as identifying whether these demographic groups "over" consume in the category (i.e. they account for a higher proportion of occasions than the proportion of society they represent overall)
- Market value and volumes over 2008-2018 for Russia and nine other countries across the globe
- The report quantifies the degree of influence that the 20 key consumer trends identified by Canadean have on Dairy consumption volumes, with granular analysis on the extent that degree of influences varies between gender and age group
- The report provides insight to highlight the "so what?" implications behind the data, and analysis of how the need states of consumers within the Dairy category will evolve in the short-to-medium term future
- Examples of international and Russia-specific product innovation targeting key consumer needs.
Reasons to buy
This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Russian Dairy consumers. This is based on Canadean's unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Dairy sector. This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Table of Contents
- Indulgence, convenience, and wide product selection are the key drivers of Dairy consumption in Russia
- Summary methodology
- Canadean has identified nine mega-trends that drive food choice: these can be broken down into 20 sub-trends
- Health, convenience, and wide product choices are the key factors driving Dairy consumption in Russia
- The Russian Dairy market has a value of RUB483.4 billion and is forecast to witness accelerated sales growth over the next five years
- The Milk category accounts for three-quarters of all volume sold in the Russian Dairy market
- There were close to 72.3 billion Dairy Food occasions in Russia in 2012, total consumption higher among Older Consumers
- The Russian Dairy market is growing at a higher rate than major European countries in volume and value sales
- Russia's Dairy Food market is among the fastest-growing in terms of volume consumption
Demographic cohort consumption patterns
- Russian men consume more Dairy products compared to women
- More than a half of age groups under-consume Dairy products, indicating opportunities for increasing Dairy consumption
- There is a similar consumption frequency pattern among men and women in Russia
- Consumers aged between 0 and 24 years are heavy frequency consumers of Dairy products in Russia
Consumer trend analysis
- The desire for Better Value For Money and comforting products influences Dairy consumption in Russia
- The influence of consumer trends across major markets can be compared to provide a global context
- The Changing Lifestyle mega-trend: An aging population is looking for healthier Dairy alternatives
- The Connectivity mega-trend: Retro-design and the farm-to-table story have limited impact on busy consumers
- The Convenience mega-trend: The Busy Lives of consumers are driving on-the-go consumption of Dairy products in Russia
- The Ethics mega-trend: Environmental and ethical attributes have little influence on Dairy consumption
- The Experience and Enjoyment mega-trend: Consumers want to treat themselves with high-quality Dairy products
- The Health and Wellness mega-trend: Increasing health consciousness will influence Dairy consumption patterns in Russia
- The Individuality mega-trend: Busy consumers perceive Dairy products as an indulgent healthy snack during "me time"
- The Trust mega-trend: The majority of consumers take product safety for granted and do not consider it to be a differentiator
- The Value mega-trend: The search for better Value For Money is the leading motivation in Russia's Dairy market
- Manufacturers innovate across Dairy with products targeted at consumers' Busy Lives and Health needs
- Manufacturers focusing on Convenience, Experience and tailored needs
- Manufacturers gain inspiration from consumers' needs for convenience, experiences, and personalized needs
- Manufacturers should target Russian consumers with value offerings and functional, convenient snack products
- Manufacturers need to inform consumers about the importance of a healthy lifestyle
- An explanation of the sub-trends
- Detailed methodology