Product Code: QTINQ317
GlobalData's India Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q3-17 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Top line consumption volumes for Q3-2017 vs Q3-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q3-2017 vs Q3-2016, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2016 provisional data and 2017 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2017.
- The unclear Goods and Service Tax (GST) continued to hold regional players back as they wait and watch the market before making any changes to their brands
- The compensation plan has been extended from 50 lakhs INR to 75 lakh INR to promote small scale industries
- The tax rates on the compensation plan has been fixed at 2% for manufacturers and 1% for traders
- E-commerce sales affected the beverage market negatively due to double taxation from the player and the service provider
- PET packaging prices have increased due to the imposed higher rate of 28% GST on resin and related packaging
- The joint venture of Manpasand Agro and Parle Agro is expected in the near future to promote vegetable juices, oral rehydration salts (ORS) drinks and coconut water
- Petroleum products and alcohol are not covered under the GST as together these share more than 50% of the government revenue. Hence, travel and transportation costs have increased in the quarter
Reasons to buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the India beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in India to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2017 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry 'hot topic' offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1 At A Glance 4
2 Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
3 Highlights 5
4 Market Drivers 5
5 Market Trends 6
- 5.1 Soft Drinks 6
- 5.1.1 Packaged Water 6
- 5.1.2 Bulk/HOD Water 7
- 5.1.3 Carbonates 8
- 5.1.4 Enhanced Water 9
- 5.1.5 Flavored Water 10
- 5.1.6 Juice 10
- 5.1.7 Nectars 11
- 5.1.8 Still Drinks 12
- 5.1.9 Squash/Syrups 13
- 5.1.10 Fruit Powders 14
- 5.1.11 Iced/RTD Tea Drinks 14
- 5.1.12 Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks 15
- 5.1.13 Sports Drinks 16
- 5.1.14 Energy Drinks 17
- 5.2 Alcoholic Drinks 17
- 5.3 Dairy Drinks 18
- 5.4 Hot Beverages 19
- 5.5 Data Tables 21
6 Appendix 27
List of Tables
List of Tables
- Table 1: India at a Glance - Quarterly Performance and Latest Forecast 4
- Table 2: Impact Of The Economic Situation 4
- Table 3: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 21
- Table 4: Commercial Beverage Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 22
- Table 5: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 23
- Table 6: Soft Drinks Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 24
- Table 7: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Liters, 2016-2017F 25
- Table 8: Carbonates Market Trends - Million Unit Cases, 2016-2017F 26