Product Code: M-970-19
- How has the consumer appliance market changed over the last five years? How is this market anticipated to change in the next five years, the next 10-years? What factors are driving these changes? What role do interconnect products play in the future of the consumer appliance market?
- What is driving the rise and fall of the personal computer and tablets market, the consumer mobile phone and watch markets? Over the next ten years, which of these markets have the potential for the greatest growth in units? How will this growth affect the number of connectors currently being consumed in the manufacturing of these products?
- What unique product enhancements will drive the growth of the television market? Which I/O's will prevail, and which ones will be replaced or incorporated into other connector products? How will these changes affect the number of connectors used in this market?
Bishop & Associates latest research report, ‘World Consumer Market for Connectors - 2019’ examines the technology, products, and outside influences that are shaping the consumer market. Individual chapters are devoted to the connected home appliance market, consumer mobile phone and watch markets, as well as the HD/UHDTV from 1080P to 8K, and the personal computer and tablet markets.
The report covers major OEM markets and high-volume connector products for consumer-purchased systems from 2018 to 2028.
The report examines the huge shifts in technology that have occurred with digital convergence and how formerly distinct market segments from across the spectrum of electronic products are now using or are beginning to use the same or similar technologies related to Wi-Fi, 5G, and IoT. This report covers the connector products that are helping to make these changes possible.
The report reviews the connected home appliance market, consumer mobile phone and watch markets, as well as the HD/UHDTV from 1080P to 8K, and the personal computer and tablet markets. It provides unit forecasts and outlook for these markets and discusses connector volumes and types by market.
For many in the connector and its associated industries, these markets have been abandoned as being too price-conscious, and most equipment is currently assembled in Asia. Due to international trade disputes and political turmoil in the South China Sea area looming, many OEM manufacturers are reevaluating their manufacturing footprints.
Examples of tables included in this report.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 - Introduction
- 1.2. Regional Manufacturing Concentration
- 1.3. The Tariff Issue -- an Editorial
- "Which other major products on the $200 billion list hurt the industry?
- Impact of these tariffs?
- "Are some tariffs good?"
- 1.4. Capsule Summary Each Market
- Appliance/White Goods
- Consumer Mobile Phones
Chapter 2 - Analysis of the North American Electronic Connector Market
- 2.2. Appliance Manufacturers and Brands
- Connected Appliances
- LG Appliances
- Other Examples of Connectors on Consumer Appliances
- Typical Appliance Connector Types
- Table 2.1: North American Appliance Market 2018-28 (units)
- 2018 versus 2028 North American Appliance Connector Totals (units)
- Table 2.2: European Appliance Market 2018-28 (units)
- 2018 versus 2028 European Appliance Connector Totals (units)
- Table 2.3: Japanese Appliance Market 2018-28 (units)
- 2018 versus 2028 Japanese Appliance Connector Totals (units)
- Table 2.4: Chinese Appliance Market 2018-28 (units)
- 2018 versus 2028 Chinese Appliance Connector Totals (units)
- Table 2.5: Asia Pacific Appliance Market 2018-28 (units)
- 2018 versus 2028 Asia Pacific Appliance Connector Totals (units)
- Table 2.6: ROW Appliance Market 2018-28 (units)
- 2018 versus 2028 ROW Appliance Connector Totals (units)
Chapter 3 - Analysis of the European Electronic Connector Market
- 3.1. Mobile Phone Suppliers and Market Share Trends
- 3.2. World Market
- Table 3.1: World Smartphone and Smart Watch Markets 2017 to 2028 (Consumption) (units)
- Table 3.2: World Smartphone and Smart Watch Markets 2017 to 2028 (Assembly) (units)
- Table 3.3: World Smartphone and Smart Watch Markets 2017 to 2028 (Phone Assembly Location) (units)
- Chart 3.1: World Smartphone Production by Region Percent Market Share 2018
- Chart 3.2: World Smartphone Production by Region Percent Market Share 2028
- Table 3.4: Global Market Share as of Late 2018
- Chart 3.3: World Mobile Phone Market in Millions of Units 2018 -- 2028 (consumption)
- Chart 3.4: 2019 and 2028 Regional Shares
- 3.3. Companies
- Table 3.5: Companies by Region of Design and/or Manufacturing of Mobile Phones
- Table 3.6: Approximate Unit Volume Forecast for Each Phone Manufacturer 2018 to 2028 (units)
- 3.3.1. Apple
- Table 3.7: Apple iPhone/iPod Device Production 2017 through 2028 (units)
- Chart 3.5: iPhone/iPod Unit Sales 2017 through 2028 (units)
- 3.3.2. Samsung
- Table 3.8: Samsung Forecast 2017 through 2028
- 3.4. More Phones
- Top 10 Suppliers of Smartphones
Chapter 4 - Analysis of the Japanese Electronic Connector Market
- Table 4.1: Gartner Forecast -- Mobile vs Desktop/Notebook Market 2016 through 2019 (units)
- Figure 4.1: World Unit Volumes Digital Products 2016-2028 (units)
- 4.2. Major Trends
- Table 4.2: Unit Connector Use by End Equipment 2017 through 2028
- 4.3. Suppliers
- Table 4.3: Lenovo Unit Forecast Estimate for PCs 2018 through 2028 (units)
- Hewett Packard
- Table 4.4: Hewlett Packard Unit Forecast Estimate for PCs 2018 through 2028 (units)
- Dell Technologies
- Table 4.5: Dell Unit Forecast Estimate for PCs 2018 through 2028 (units)
- Table 4.6: Extrapolated from AppleInsider.com Data and Bishop Data
- Table 4.7: Apple Mac/iPad Connector Use by Region 2018 through 2028F (units)
- Connectivity Trends
Chapter 5 - Analysis of the Chinese Electronic Connector Market
- Manufacturers by Market Share
- Figure 5.1: TV Shipment Forecast by Technology
- Table 1: TV Shipments by Country 2017 through 2028 (units)
- Table 5.2: Global TV Shipments by Device Type 2017 through 2028 (units)
- Standard I/O Connectors found on Televisions
- Table 5.3: Connectors used by TV Series 2017 through 2028 (units)
- Figure 5.2: World TV Sales by Type (units)
- Figure 5.3: World TV Manufacturing by Region (units)
- Table 5.4: World Connector Unit Volume by TV Type 2017 through 2028
- Figure 5.4: World Connector/Cable Use by Technology 2016 to 2028 (units)