Product Code: BHL1042SA
“Global SERD Therapeutics Market to Reach $4.0 Billion by 2030.”
Market Report Coverage - SERD Therapeutics
- By Product - Faslodex, RAD1901, GDC-9545, AZD9833, SAR439859, Other Generics
- By Application - First-line treatment and second-line treatment
- North America - U.S., Canada
- Europe - Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, and Rest-of-Europe
- Asia-Pacific - China, Japan, and Rest-of-Asia-Pacific (RoAPAC)
- Rising incidence of breast cancer
- Advanced route of administration: oral drug delivery
- Resistance to endocrine therapy
- SERDs as combination therapy
- Therapeutic potential in different types of cancer
Key Companies Profiled
AstraZeneca, Plc, Novartis AG, Sanofi S.A, Hofmann-la Roche AG, G1 Therapeutics, Zentalis Pharmaceuticals, Zenopharm LLC, Radius Health, Eli Lilly and Company, Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd, InventisBio, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, HBT Labs, and Amneal pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- How did the SERD therapy market evolve, and what is its scope in the future?
- What are the major market drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global SERD therapeutics market?
- What are the key developmental strategies that are being implemented by the key players to sustain this market?
- What is the impact of generics on branded therapy?
- What is the impact of COVID-19 on this market?
- What are the guidelines implemented by different government bodies to regulate the approval of products to be used in breast cancer treatment?
- How is SERD therapy being utilized for the treatment of postmenopausal women with breast cancer?
- What was the market size of the leading segments and sub-segments of the global SERD therapeutics market in 2019?
- How will the industry evolve during the forecast period 2020-2030?
- What will be the growth rate of the SERD therapeutics market during the forecast period?
- How will each segment of the global SERD therapeutics market grow during the forecast period, and what will be the revenue generated by each segment by the end of 2030?
- Which product segment and application segment are expected to register the highest CAGR for the global SERD therapeutics market?
- What is the market size of the SERD therapeutics market in different countries of the world?
- Which geographical region is expected to contribute to the highest sales in the global SERD therapeutics market?
- What is the regulatory framework for the SERD therapeutics market in different regions?
- What are the key strategies incorporated by the players of the global SERD therapeutics market to sustain the competition and retain their supremacy?
The unmet clinical benefits and quest for novel therapies with better efficacy and safety to improve the quality of life in patients living with breast cancer treatment, complete estrogen receptor inhibition, and resistance to multiple endocrine therapies led to the discovery of SERD therapies. SERD therapy has been extensively accepted and used as both monotherapy and in combination with other therapeutic agents. The potential of SERD therapy in breast cancer treatment is yet to be fully discovered, thus leaving a substantial scope of innovation and research in the field.
The global SERD therapeutics market was valued at $1000.2 million in 2019 and is expected to reach $4085.0 million by 2030, witnessing a CAGR of 16.66% during the forecast period 2020-2030. The market growth can mainly be attributed to the increasing breast cancer incidence and mortality worldwide, increasing number of relapsed or refractory cases in breast cancer, unmet clinical benefits with existing breast cancer treatments targeting hormone receptor-positive metastatic breast cancer, eased route of administration and dosage exposure, rising focus of the key players on research and development (R&D) activity for new product launch, and increased government and private funding for improved safety and outcomes provided by SERD therapy.
The global SERD therapeutics market is expected to witness high growth in the future. The increasing global breast cancer incidence and mortality and increased demand for endocrine therapies that cure chronic conditions completely and improve the quality of life of patients are the major factors anticipated to contribute to the growth of the global SERD therapeutics market.
Furthermore, the increasing number of relapsed or refractory cases in breast cancer, unmet clinical benefits with existing breast cancer treatments targeting hormone receptor-positive metastatic breast cancer, painful route of administration and limited dosage exposure will augment the SERD therapeutics market. Also, the increased use of SERDs as combination therapy with other endocrine agents and rising focus of the key players on research and development (R&D) activity for new product launch is expected to drive the market. Rise in government and private funding for improved safety and outcomes provided by SERD therapy are additional factors propelling the growth.
Within the research report, the market is segmented based on therapy type, product, region. Each of these segments covers the snapshot of the market over the projected years, the inclination of the market revenue, underlying patterns, and trends by using analytics on the primary and secondary data obtained.
The global SERD therapeutics market is currently dominated by Sandoz, Mylan N.V., Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Accord Healthcare, and Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd. The market dominance of these companies can be attributed to cost-effective generic fulvestrant availability in the market. As of 2018, AstraZeneca Plc was the only company to offer SERD therapy in the global SERD therapeutics market. The company has now witnessed a sharp decline after generic launch in several regions. With the pipeline of SERD therapeutics, the market is expected to augment tremendously. Some of the major companies with strong and early pipeline include Sanofi S.A., Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Radius Health, and AstraZeneca Plc.
Based on region, North America is the leading contributor to the SERD therapeutics market in terms of revenue. The growing breast cancer incidence, relapse from existing endocrine therapies, and the substantial research and development made in the field are consequentially promoting the growth of the North America SERD therapeutics market. Also, the Asia-Pacific and Europe regions are expected to register the high CAGR during the forecast period of 2020-2030.
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria
2 Research Scope
- 2.1 Target Audience
- 2.2 Key Questions Answered in the Report
3 Research Methodology
- 3.1 SERD Therapeutics: Research Methodology
- 3.2 Primary Data Sources
- 3.3 Secondary Data Sources
- 3.4 Market Estimation Model
- 3.5 Criteria for Company Profiling
4 Market Overview
- 4.1 Definition
- 4.2 Progression in SERD Therapeutics
- 4.3 SERD Therapeutics: Mechanism of Action
- 4.4 SERD Therapeutics: Forms of Administration
- 4.5 SERD Therapeutics Market and Growth Potential, 2019-2030
- 4.6 Impact of Novel Drugs on Available Therapies
5 Epidemiology of Breast Cancer
- 5.1 Overview
- 5.2 Breast Cancer Classification
- 5.2.1 Types of Breast Cancer
- 5.2.2 Molecular Subtypes of Breast Cancer
- 5.2.3 Stages of Breast Cancer
- 5.2.4 Population (Premenopausal and Postmenopausal)
- 5.2.5 Breast Cancer Incidence and Mortality (by Region), 2020
- 5.2.6 Role of Molecular Biomarkers in Breast Cancer Treatment
- 5.3 SERDs in Breast Cancer Treatment
- 5.4 Breast Cancer in Male
6 SERD Therapeutics Clinical Trials Landscape
- 6.1 Overview
- 6.2 SERD Therapeutics Clinical Trials Current Scenario
7 Impact of COVID-19 on SERD Therapeutics
- 7.1.1 Impact of COVID-19 on Breast Cancer Treatment
- 7.1.2 Impact of COVID-19 on Global SERD Therapeutics Market Growth Rate
- 7.1.3 Clinical Trial Disruptions and Resumptions
8 Global SERD Commercialized and Pipeline Therapeutics
- 8.1 Commercialized Therapeutics
- 8.2 Faslodex Overview
- 8.3 Faslodex Pricing and Reimbursement Scenario
- 8.3.1 Faslodex Sales Analysis
- 8.3.2 Generic Fulvestrant Overview
- 184.108.40.206 Impact of Generic Fulvestrant on Faslodex Global Revenue
- 8.4 Pipeline Therapeutics
9 Industry Insights
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Regulatory Scenario of Endocrine Therapy
- 9.3 Legal Requirements and Frameworks in the U.S.
- 9.3.1 Clinical Trial Authorization
- 9.3.2 Marketing Authorization
- 9.3.3 USFDA Guidelines for NDA Submission
- 9.3.4 Post-Authorization Regulations
- 9.4 Legal Requirements and Frameworks in Europe
- 9.4.1 Centralized Procedure
- 9.4.2 Decentralized Procedure
- 9.4.3 Mutual-Recognition Procedure
- 9.4.4 National Procedure
- 9.5 Legal Requirements and Frameworks in Asia-Pacific
- 9.5.1 Legal Requirements and Frameworks in China
- 9.5.2 Legal Requirements and Frameworks in Japan
- 9.6 Expedited Regulatory Designations Around the World
10 Market Dynamics
- 10.1 Impact Analysis
- 10.2 Market Drivers
- 10.2.1 Rising Incidence of Breast Cancer
- 10.2.2 Advanced Route of Administration: Oral Drug Delivery
- 10.3 Market Restraints
- 10.3.1 Resistance to Endocrine Therapy
- 10.4 Market Opportunities
- 10.4.1 SERDs as Combination Therapy
- 10.4.2 Therapeutic Potential in Different Types of Cancers
11 Global SERD Therapeutics Market (by Therapy)
- 11.1 Overview
- 11.2 First-Line Treatment
- 11.3 Second-Line Treatment
12 Global SERD Therapeutics Market (by Product)
- 12.1 Overview
- 12.2 Faslodex
- 12.3 RAD1901
- 12.4 GDC-9545
- 12.5 AZD9833
- 12.6 SAR439859
- 12.7 Other Generics
13 Global SERD Therapeutics Market (by Region)
- 13.1 North America
- 13.1.1 U.S.
- 13.1.2 Canada
- 13.2 Europe
- 13.2.1 U.K.
- 13.2.2 Germany
- 13.2.3 France
- 13.2.4 Italy
- 13.2.5 Spain
- 13.2.6 Rest-of-Europe
- 13.3 Asia-Pacific
- 13.3.1 China
- 13.3.2 Japan
- 13.3.3 Rest-of-APAC
- 13.4 Rest-of-the-World
14 Competitive Landscape
- 14.1 Key Developments and Strategies
- 14.1.1 Regulatory and Legal Developments
- 220.127.116.11 Synergistic Activities
- 18.104.22.168 Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Activities
- 22.214.171.124 Funding and Business Strategy Activities
- 14.2 Market Share Analysis
15 Company Profiles
- 15.1 Overview
- 15.2 Amneal Pharmaceuticals Inc
- 15.2.1 Company Overview
- 15.2.2 Role of Amneal Pharmaceuticals Inc in the Global SERD Therapeutics Market
- 15.2.3 Financials
- 15.2.4 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.2.5 SWOT Analysis
- 15.3 AstraZeneca, Plc.
- 15.3.1 Company Overview
- 15.3.2 Role of AstraZeneca, Plc. in the Global SERD Therapeutics Market
- 15.3.3 Financials
- 15.3.4 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.3.5 SWOT Analysis
- 15.4 Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- 15.4.1 Company Overview
- 15.4.2 Role of Dr. Reddy's Laboratories in the Global SERD Therapeutics Market
- 15.4.3 Financials
- 15.4.4 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.4.5 SWOT Analysis
- 15.5 Eli Lilly and Company
- 15.5.1 Company Overview
- 15.5.2 Role of Eli Lilly and Company in the Global SERD Therapeutics Market
- 15.5.3 Financials
- 15.5.4 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.5.5 SWOT Analysis
- 15.6 G1 Therapeutics, Inc.
- 15.6.1 Company Overview
- 15.6.2 Role of G1 Therapeutics, Inc. in the Global SERD Therapeutics Market
- 15.6.3 Financials
- 15.6.4 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.6.5 SWOT Analysis
- 15.7 Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- 15.7.1 Company Overview
- 15.7.2 Role of Glenmark Pharmaceuticals in the Global SERD Therapeutics Market
- 15.7.3 Financials
- 15.7.4 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.7.5 SWOT Analysis
- 15.8 HBT Labs, Inc
- 15.8.1 Company Overview
- 15.8.2 Role of HBT Labs, Inc in the Global SERD Therapeutics Market
- 15.8.3 SWOT Analysis
- 15.9 Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- 15.9.1 Company Overview
- 15.9.2 Role of Hoffmann-La Roche AG in the Global SERD Therapeutics Market
- 15.9.3 Financials
- 15.9.4 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.9.5 SWOT Analysis
- 15.10 InventisBio
- 15.10.1 Company Overview
- 15.10.2 Role of InventisBio in the Global SERD Therapeutics Market
- 15.10.3 SWOT Analysis
- 15.11 Novartis AG
- 15.11.1 Company Overview
- 15.11.2 Role of Novartis AG in the Global SERD Therapeutics Market
- 15.11.3 Financials
- 15.11.4 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.11.5 SWOT Analysis
- 15.12 Radius Health
- 15.12.1 Company Overview
- 15.12.2 Financials
- 15.12.3 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.12.4 SWOT Analysis
- 15.13 Sanofi S.A.
- 15.13.1 Company Overview
- 15.13.2 Financials
- 15.13.3 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.13.4 SWOT Analysis
- 15.14 Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- 15.14.1 Company Overview
- 15.14.2 Role of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. in the SERD Therapeutics Market
- 15.14.3 Financials
- 15.14.4 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.14.5 SWOT Analysis
- 15.15 Zenopharm LLC.
- 15.15.1 Company Overview
- 15.15.2 Role of Zenopharm LLC in the Global SERD Therapeutics Market
- 15.15.3 SWOT Analysis
- 15.16 Zentalis Pharmaceuticals
- 15.16.1 Company Overview
- 15.16.2 Role of Zentalis Pharmaceuticals in the Global SERD Therapeutics Market
- 15.16.3 Financials
- 15.16.4 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.16.5 SWOT Analysis