Product Code: BHL0987SA
"Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market to Grow at a CAGR of 44.79% from 2020-2030."
Market Report Coverage - CAR T-Cell Therapy
- Therapy Application - Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL), Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), Multiple myeloma (MM), Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), Follicular lymphoma (FL), Mantle cell lymphoma (MCL), and other cancers or indications
- Target Antigen - CD19/CD22, BCMA (B-cell maturation antigen), and others target antigens
- North America - U.S., Canada
- Europe - Germany, France, Italy, U.K., Spain, and Rest-of-Europe
- Asia-Pacific - China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, and Rest-of-Asia-Pacific (RoAPAC)
- Latin America - Brazil, Mexico, and Rest-of-the-Latin America
- Rising Number of Patients with Hematologic Cancers
- Dramatic Rise in Global CAR T-Cell Trials
- Landmark Approvals of CAR T-Cell Therapies by the U.S. FDA and the EMA
- High Treatment Cost of CAR T-Cell Therapy
- Side Effects of CAR T-Cell Therapy
- Opportunities for Immunotherapy
Key Companies Profiled
Amgen, Inc., Autolus Therapeutics plc., Bellicum Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Bluebird Bio Inc., Bristol-Myer Squibb, CARsgen Therapeutics, Ltd., Cartesian Therapeutics, Inc., Cellectis S.A., Celyad Oncology SA, Fortress Biotech, Inc., Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Kite Pharma, Inc., Legend Biotech Corporation, Novartis AG, and Pfizer, Inc.
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- How are CAR T-cells developed?
- What are the various indications targeted using CAR T-cell therapies?
- What are the various CAR T-cell therapies available in the market?
- What are the emerging CAR T-cell therapies for the treatment of hematologic cancers?
- How does the pipeline for the global CAR T-cell therapy market look like?
- What is the current market size and future potential of these CAR T-cell therapies?
- What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global CAR T-cell therapy market?
- What is the mechanism of action of various CAR T-cell therapies available in the market?
- What mechanisms of action and molecules are being trialed the most in pipeline products?
- What are the target antigens in CAR T-cell therapy?
- How does the clinical trial landscape look for the global CAR T-cell therapy market?
- What is the patent landscape of this market? What will be the impact of patent expiry on this market?
- What is the price structure of CAR T-cell products?
- What is the total cost of treating a patient with CAR T-cell therapy?
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on this market?
- What are the guidelines implemented by different government bodies to regulate the approval of CAR T-cell therapy?
- What are the reimbursement scenario and regulatory structure for CAR T-cell therapy?
- What are the challenges faced by manufacturers in CAR T-cell therapy development?
- What are the key technological developments on which the current industry leaders are spending a major share of their research and development (R&D) investments?
- Which are the leading players currently holding dominating shares in the global CAR T-cell therapy market?
- What are the key strategies incorporated by the players of the global CAR T-cell therapy market to sustain the competition and retain their supremacy?
- What is the current revenue contribution of the global CAR T-cell therapy market (by application type), and how is it expected to evolve in the forecast period?
- What is the current revenue contribution of the global CAR T-cell therapy market (by target antigen), and how is it expected to evolve in the forecast period?
- Which region is expected to contribute the highest revenue to the global CAR T-cell therapy market during the forecast period?
The scientific community has been pursuing research for the development of CAR T-cell therapy for over a century. Immunotherapy has emerged as an innovative treatment option over decades, as it harnesses the patient's immune system to attack cancer. The global market for CAR T-cell therapy is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 44.79% over the forecast period 2020-2030. The market is driven by certain factors, which include increasing global geriatric population, increasing number of lymphoma and leukemia cases, rising number of relapsed or refractory cancer cases showing response failure to alternative treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy, focus on research and development of novel immunotherapies, and strong product pipeline of global CAR T-cell therapy.
The market is favored by the development of CAR T-cell therapy for several clinical areas such as diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL), acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), multiple myeloma (MM), chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), follicular lymphoma (FL), mantle cell lymphoma (MCL), and other cancers or indications. The increase in the geriatric population and the increasing number of lymphoma and leukemia cases across the globe are expected to translate into a significantly higher demand for the CAR T-cell therapy market.
Furthermore, the companies are investing huge amounts in research and development of CAR T-cell therapy either as a monotherapy or as combination therapy. The clinical trial landscape of various hematologic cancers has been on the rise in recent years, and this will fuel the CAR T-cell therapy market in the future.
Within the research report, the market is segmented based on application, target antigen, and region. Each of these segments covers the snapshot of the market over the projected years, the inclination of the market revenue, underlying patterns, and trends by using analytics on the primary and secondary data obtained.
The exponential rise in the application of precision medicine on a global level has created a buzz among companies to invest in the development of novel CAR T-cell therapy. Due to the diverse product portfolio and intense market penetration, Novartis AG. has been a pioneer in this field and has been a significant competitor in this market.
The pharmaceutical leading manufacturer, Kite Pharma, Inc. (a Gilead Company), has launched its CAR T-cell therapies into the market such as Yescarta (axicabtagene ciloleucel), and Tecartus (brexucabtagene autoleucel) to compete with Novartis AG's Kymriah (tisagenlecleucel) therapy market dominance.
Based on region, North America holds the largest share of the CAR T-cell therapy market due to improved healthcare infrastructure, rise in per capita income, early availability of approved therapies, and availability of state-of-the-art research laboratories and institutions in the region. Apart from this, the Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to grow at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period.
Table of Contents
1 Technology Definition
- 1.1 Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria
- 1.1.1 Inclusions
- 1.1.2 Exclusions
2 Research Scope
- 2.1 Target Audience
- 2.2 Key Questions Answered in the Report
3 Research Methodology
- 3.1 CAR T-Cell Therapy: Research Methodology
- 3.2 Primary Data Sources
- 3.3 Secondary Data Sources
- 3.4 Market Estimation Model
- 3.5 Criteria for Company Profiling
4 Market Overview
- 4.1 Timeline of CAR T-Cell Therapy Development
- 4.2 CAR T-Cell Therapy Market and Growth Potential, 2019-2030
- 4.3 CAR T-Cell Therapy and Clinical Trials Landscape
- 4.3.1 Overview
- 4.3.2 Clinical Trials in China
- 4.3.3 Clinical Trials in Rest-of-the-World
5 Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market, $Million, 2019-2030
- 5.1 Commercialized Therapeutics
- 5.1.1 Tisagenlecleucel (Kymriah)
- 5.1.2 Axicabtagene Ciloleucel (Yescarta)
- 5.1.3 Brexucabtagene Autoleucel (Tecartus)
- 5.2 Pipeline Therapeutics
- 5.2.1 BB2121 (Idecaptagene Cicleucel)
- 5.2.2 JCAR017 (Lisocabtagene Maraleucel)
- 5.2.3 KTE-C19 (Axicabtagene Ciloleucel)
- 5.2.4 CTL019 (Tisagenlecleucel)
- 5.2.5 JNJ-68284528
- 5.3 Impact of COVID-19 - CAR T-Cell Therapy
- 5.3.1 Impact of COVID-19 on Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market Growth Rate
- 5.3.2 Clinical Trial Disruptions and Resumptions
- 5.3.3 COVID-19 Impact on Supply Chain of CAR T-Cell Therapy Market
- 5.3.4 Reduced Diagnosis of Cancer
- 5.3.5 Impact on Commercial Operations
6 CAR T-Cell Therapy Patent Landscape
7 Epidemiology of CAR T-Cell Therapy
- 7.1 Overview
- 7.2 CAR T-Cell Therapy Side-Effects
- 7.2.1 Cytokine Release Syndrome (CRS)
- 7.2.2 CAR T-Cell-Related Encephalopathy Syndrome (CRES)
- 7.2.3 Immune Effector Cell-Associated Neurotoxicity Syndrome (ICANS)
- 7.3 Management of CAR T-Cell Therapy Side-Effects
8 Industry Insights
- 8.1 Overview
- 8.2 Regulatory Scenario of CAR T-Cell Therapy
- 8.3 Legal Requirements and Frameworks in U.S.
- 8.3.1 Clinical Trial Authorization
- 8.3.2 Marketing Authorization
- 8.3.3 USFDA Guidelines for BLA Submission
- 8.3.4 Post-Authorization Regulations
- 8.4 Legal Requirements and Frameworks in Europe
- 8.4.1 EMA Biologics License Application Process
- 8.4.2 Centralized Procedure
- 8.4.3 Decentralized Procedure
- 8.4.4 Mutual-Recognition Procedure
- 8.4.5 National Procedure
- 8.5 Legal Requirements and Frameworks in Asia-Pacific
- 8.5.1 Regulation of Cell Immunotherapy in China
- 8.5.2 Legal Requirements and Frameworks in Japan
- 8.6 Expedited Regulatory Designations Around the World
- 8.7 Pricing of CAR T-Cell Therapy
- 8.8 Reimbursement of CAR T-Cell Therapy
9 CAR T-Cell Therapy Development and Manufacturing
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Challenges in CAR T-Cell Therapy
- 9.2.1 Therapy Approval
- 9.2.2 Manufacture Quality Control
- 9.2.3 Efficacy and Quality-Adjusted Life-Year (QALY) Assessment
- 9.2.4 Safety Assessment
- 9.2.5 Pricing and Patient Access
- 9.2.6 Reimbursement
10 Market Dynamics
- 10.1 Impact Analysis
- 10.2 Market Drivers
- 10.2.1 Rising Number of Patients with Hematologic Cancers
- 10.2.2 Dramatic Rise in Global CAR T-Cell Trials
- 10.2.3 Landmark Approvals of CAR T-Cell Therapies by USFDA and EMA
- 10.3 Market Restraints
- 10.3.1 High Treatment Cost of CAR T-Cell Therapy
- 10.3.2 Side-Effects of CAR T-Cell Therapy
- 10.4 Market Opportunities
- 10.4.1 Opportunities for Immunotherapy
11 Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market (by Application)
- 11.1 Overview
- 11.2 Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma (DLBCL)
- 11.3 Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
- 11.4 Multiple Myeloma (MM)
- 11.5 Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)
- 11.6 Follicular Lymphoma (FL)
- 11.7 Mantle Cell Lymphoma (MCL)
- 11.8 Others
12 Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market (by Target Antigen)
- 12.1 Overview
- 12.2 CD19/CD22
- 12.3 BCMA (B-Cell Maturation Antigen)
- 12.4 Other Antigens
13 Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market (by Region)
- 13.1 Introduction
- 13.2 North America
- 13.2.1 U.S.
- 22.214.171.124 U.S. CAR T-Cell Therapy Market (by Application), 2019-2030
- 13.2.2 Canada
- 126.96.36.199 Canada CAR T-Cell Therapy Market (by Application), 2019-2030
- 13.3 Europe
- 13.3.1 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 Germany CAR T-Cell Therapy Market (by Application), 2019-2030
- 13.3.2 U.K.
- 184.108.40.206 U.K. CAR T-Cell Therapy Market (by Application), 2019-2030
- 13.3.3 France
- 220.127.116.11 France CAR T-Cell Therapy Market (by Application), 2019-2030
- 13.3.4 Italy
- 18.104.22.168 Italy CAR T-Cell Therapy Market (by Application), 2019-2030
- 13.3.5 Spain
- 22.214.171.124 Spain CAR T-Cell Therapy Market (by Application), 2019-2030
- 13.3.6 Rest-of-Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Rest-of-Europe CAR T-Cell Therapy Market (by Application), 2019-2030
- 13.4 Asia-Pacific
- 13.4.1 China
- 13.4.2 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 Japan CAR T-Cell Therapy Market (by Application), 2019-2030
- 13.4.3 India
- 13.4.4 South Korea
- 13.4.5 Australia
- 184.108.40.206 Australia CAR T-Cell Therapy Market (by Application), 2019-2030
- 13.4.6 Rest-of-APAC
- 220.127.116.11 Rest-of-APAC CAR T-Cell Therapy Market (by Application), 2019-2030
- 13.5 Latin America
- 13.5.1 Brazil
- 13.5.2 Mexico
- 13.5.3 Rest-of-Latin America
- 13.6 Rest-of-the-World
14 Competitive Landscape
- 14.1 Key Developments and Strategies
- 14.1.1 Overview
- 18.104.22.168 Regulatory and Legal Developments
- 22.214.171.124 Partnerships, Alliances, and Business Expansions
- 126.96.36.199 M&A Activities
- 188.8.131.52 Funding Activities
- 14.2 Market Share Analysis
15 Company Profiles
- 15.1 Overview
- 15.2 Amgen, Inc.
- 15.2.1 Company Overview
- 15.2.2 Role of Amgen, Inc. in Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market
- 15.2.3 Financials
- 15.2.4 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.2.5 SWOT Analysis
- 15.3 Autolus Therapeutics plc
- 15.3.1 Company Overview
- 15.3.2 Role of Autolus Therapeutics plc in Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market
- 15.3.3 Financials
- 15.3.4 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.3.5 SWOT Analysis
- 15.4 Bellicum Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 15.4.1 Company Overview
- 15.4.2 Role of Bellicum Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market
- 15.4.3 Financials
- 15.4.4 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.4.5 SWOT Analysis
- 15.5 Bluebird Bio Inc
- 15.5.1 Company Overview
- 15.5.2 Role of Bluebird Bio Inc in Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market
- 15.5.3 Financials
- 15.5.4 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.5.5 SWOT Analysis
- 15.6 Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- 15.6.1 Company Overview
- 15.6.2 Role of Bristol Myers Squibb Company in Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market
- 15.6.3 Financials
- 15.6.4 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.6.5 SWOT Analysis
- 15.7 CARsgen Therapeutics, Ltd.
- 15.7.1 Company Overview
- 15.7.2 Role of CARsgen Therapeutics, Ltd. in Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market
- 15.7.3 SWOT Analysis
- 15.8 Cartesian Therapeutics, Inc.
- 15.8.1 Company Overview
- 15.8.2 Role of Cartesian Therapeutics, Inc. in Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market
- 15.8.3 SWOT Analysis
- 15.9 Cellectis S.A.
- 15.9.1 Company Overview
- 15.9.2 Role of Cellectis S.A. in Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market
- 15.9.3 Financials
- 15.9.4 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.9.5 SWOT Analysis
- 15.1 Celyad Oncology SA
- 15.10.1 Company Overview
- 15.10.2 Role of Celyad Oncology SA in Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market
- 15.10.3 Financials
- 15.10.4 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.10.5 SWOT Analysis
- 15.11 Fortress Biotech, Inc
- 15.11.1 Company Overview
- 15.11.2 Role of Fortress Biotech, Inc. in Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market
- 15.11.3 Financials
- 15.11.4 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.11.5 SWOT Analysis
- 15.12 Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 15.12.1 Company Overview
- 15.12.2 Role of Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc in Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market
- 15.12.3 Financials
- 15.12.4 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.12.5 SWOT Analysis
- 15.13 Kite Pharma, Inc (A Gilead Company)
- 15.13.1 Company Overview
- 15.13.2 Role of Kite Pharma, Inc in Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market
- 15.13.3 Financials
- 15.13.4 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.13.5 SWOT Analysis
- 15.14 Legend Biotech Corporation
- 15.14.1 Company Overview
- 15.14.2 Role of Legend Biotech Corporation. in Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market
- 15.14.3 SWOT Analysis
- 15.15 Novartis AG
- 15.15.1 Company Overview
- 15.15.2 Role of Novartis AG in Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market
- 15.15.3 Financials
- 15.15.4 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.15.5 SWOT Analysis
- 15.16 Pfizer Inc.
- 15.16.1 Company Overview
- 15.16.2 Role of Pfizer Inc. in Global CAR T-Cell Therapy Market
- 15.16.3 Financials
- 15.16.4 R&D Expenditure, 2017-2019
- 15.16.5 SWOT Analysis