Product Code: SAL0481SC
“The Global Small Launch Vehicle (SLV) Market Anticipated to Reach $7.65 Billion by 2030.”
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- What are the trends in the global SLV market across different regions?
- What are the major driving forces that tend to increase the demand for SLVs during the forecast period 2020-2030?
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the SLV market?
- What was the revenue generated in the global SLV market by payload range in 2019?
- Which end user of the SLV market (defense, government, academic, commercial, and non-profit) is expected to dominate the market in the coming years?
- What was the revenue generated in the global SLV market by end user in 2019, and what are the estimates by 2030?
- Which payload range (<20 kg, 20 kg-150 kg, 151 kg-500 kg, 501 kg-1,200 kg, 1,201 kg-2,200 kg) is expected to dominate the SLV market in the coming years?
- What is the estimated revenue to be generated by the global small launch vehicle (SLV) market across different regions (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest-of-the-World) during the forecast period?
- Which are the key players in the global SLV market, and what are the new strategies that are being adopted by them to make a mark in the industry?
- What major opportunities do the SLV market companies foresee in the next ten years?
- What is the impact of COVID-19 on the space sector value chain in upstream, midstream, and downstream parts?
- What is the competitive strength of the key leading players in the SLV market?
Global Small Launch Vehicle (SLV) Market Forecast, 2020-2030
The Global Small Launch Vehicle (SLV) Market report by BIS Research projects the market to grow at a significant CAGR of 24.36% on the basis of value during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the global SLV market with a share of 46.51% in 2020. Asia Pacific, including the major countries such as China, India and Japan, is the most prominent region for the SLV market. In Asia-Pacific, China is estimated to have acquired the major market share in 2019 due to the major deployment of SLV in different sectors in the country.
The global SLV market has gained widespread importance, owing to the increase in the number of satellite constellations for satellite applications, such as remote sensing, navigation, communication, and earth observation. However, issues related to the high cost of SLVs are some of the factors that are restraining the market growth.
Scope of the Global Small Launch Vehicle (SLV) Market
The purpose of the market analysis is to examine the SLV market outlook in terms of factors driving the market, trends, technological developments, and competitive benchmarking, among others.
The report further takes into consideration the market dynamics and the competitive landscape, along with the detailed financial and product contribution of the key players operating in the market.
Global Small Launch Vehicle (SLV) Market Segmentation
The SLV market is segmented on the basis of payload range, end-user, platform, propellant type and region. The commercial segment is estimated to have dominated the global SLV market in 2019 and is anticipated to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period (2020-2030).
While highlighting the key driving and restraining forces for this market, the report also provides a detailed study of the industry. The report also analyzes different end users that include defense, government, academic, and non-profit. In payload range segment, the market is segmented into <20kg, 21kg-150kg, 151kg-500kg, 501kg-1,200kg, and 1,200kg-2,200kg. In the platform segment, the market is segmented into land, air, sea and balloon. In the propellant segment, the market is segmented into solid, liquid and hybrid.
The SLV market is segregated by region under four major regions, namely North America, Europe, APAC, and Rest-of-the-World. Data for each of these regions (by country) has been provided in the market study.
Key Companies in the Global Small Launch Vehicle (SLV) Market
The key market players in the global SLV market include China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation, Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd., IHI Corporation, Lockheed Martin Corporation Ltd., Northrop Grumman Corporation, and The Boeing Company, Arianespace, Blue Origin, CubeCab, EUROCKOT Launch Services GmbH, Interorbital Systems, Rocket Lab USA, Space Exploration Technologies Corp, and Spacefleet Ltd.
Table of Contents
1 Market Dynamics
- 1.1. Drivers
- 1.1.1. Increasing Usage of Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Components
- 1.1.2. Growth in Small Satellites for Planetary Space Exploration and Earth Observation
- 1.1.3. Increasing Cooperation Among Space Agencies for Space Missions
- 1.2. Market Restraints
- 1.2.1. Absence of Efficient and Reliable Micro-Propulsion Systems
- 1.2.2. High Cost Associated with Space Launch Vehicles
- 1.3. Opportunities
- 1.3.1. Increasing Developments in Low Cost Launching Sites
- 1.3.2. Emerging Startups in SLV Manufacturing
- 1.3.3. Advancements in 3D Printing Technology for Space Industry
2 Competitive Insights
- 2.1. Key Strategies and Developments
- 2.1.1. Partnerships, Collaborations, and Contracts
- 2.1.2. Mergers and Acquisitions
- 2.1.3. Product Launches
- 2.1.4. Other Developments
- 2.2. Small Launch Vehicle (SLV): Market Share Analysis and Competitive Benchmarking
3 Industry Analysis
- 3.1. Industry Overview
- 3.2. Evolution of Small Launch Vehicles
- 3.3. Product and Pricing Analysis
- 3.4. COVID-19 and the Space Industry
- 3.4.1. COVID-19 Effect on Manufacturing Process
- 3.4.2. Impact on Investments
- 3.4.3. Impact on Small Launch Vehicle Market
- 3.5. Planned Smallsat Constellations
- 3.6. Initiatives by Commercial Space Ventures (Startups)
- 3.7. Investment Scenario in Small Launch Vehicle Market
- 3.8. Patent Analysis
- 3.9. Supply Chain Analysis
- 3.9.1. SLV Launch Provider
4 Global Small Launch Vehicle (SLV) Market, 2019-2030
- 4.1. Assumptions and Limitations
- 4.2. Market Overview
5 Global Small Launch Vehicle (SLV) Market (by Payload Range), 2019-2030
- 5.1. Market Overview
- 5.2. <20 kg
- 5.3. 21-150 kg
- 5.4. 151-500 kg
- 5.5. 501-1200 kg
- 5.6. 1,201-2,200 kg
6 Global Small Launch Vehicle (SLV) Market (by End User), 2019-2030
- 6.1. Market Overview
- 6.2. Defense
- 6.3. Commercial
- 6.4. Government
- 6.5. Academic
- 6.6. Non-Profit Organizations
7 Global Small Launch Vehicle (SLV) Market (by Platform Type), 2019-2030
- 7.1. Market Overview
- 7.2. Land
- 7.3. Air
- 7.4. Sea
- 7.5. Balloon
8 Global Small Launch Vehicle (SLV) Market (by Propellant Type), 2019-2030
- 8.1. Market Overview
- 8.2. Solid
- 8.3. Liquid
- 8.4. Hybrid
9 Global Small Launch Vehicle (SLV) Market (by Region), 2019-2030
- 9.1. Market Overview
- 9.2. North America
- 9.3. Asia Pacific
- 9.3.1. China
- 9.3.2. Japan
- 9.3.3. India
- 9.3.4. Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 9.4. Europe
- 9.4.1. U.K.
- 9.4.2. France
- 9.4.3. Russia
- 9.4.4. Rest-of-Europe
- 9.5. Rest-of-the-World
10 Company Profiles
- 10.1. Arianespace
- 10.1.1. Company Overview
- 10.1.2. Role of Arianespace in Global Small Launch Vehicle Market
- 10.1.3. Product Offerings
- 10.1.4. SWOT Analysis
- 10.2. Blue Origin
- 10.2.1. Company Overview
- 10.2.2. Role of Blue Origin in Global Small Launch Vehicle Market
- 10.2.3. SWOT Analysis
- 10.3. China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation
- 10.3.1. Company Overview
- 10.3.2. Role of China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation in Global Small Launch Vehicle Market
- 10.3.3. Product offerings
- 10.3.4. Financials
- 10.3.5. SWOT Analysis
- 10.4. CubeCab
- 10.4.1. Company Overview
- 10.4.2. Role of CubeCab in Global Small Launch Vehicle Market
- 10.4.3. SWOT Analysis
- 10.5. EUROCKOT Launch Services GmbH
- 10.5.1. Company Overview
- 10.5.2. Role of EUROCKOT Launch Services GmbH in Global Small Launch Vehicle Market
- 10.5.3. SWOT Analysis
- 10.6. IHI Corporation
- 10.6.1. Company Overview
- 10.6.2. Role of IHI Corporation in Global Small Launch Vehicle Market
- 10.6.3. Financials
- 10.6.4. SWOT Analysis
- 10.7. Interorbital System
- 10.7.1. Company Overview
- 10.7.2. Role of Interorbital Systems in Global Small Launch Vehicle Market
- 10.7.3. SWOT Analysis
- 10.8. Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd.
- 10.8.1. Company Overview
- 10.8.2. Role of Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd in Global Small Launch Vehicle Market
- 10.8.3. Product Offerings
- 10.8.4. Financials
- 10.8.5. SWOT Analysis
- 10.9. Lockheed Martin Corporation
- 10.9.1. Company Overview
- 10.9.2. Role of Lockheed Martin Corporation in Global Small Launch Vehicle Market
- 10.9.3. Financials
- 10.9.4. SWOT Analysis
- 10.10 Northrop Grumman Corporation
- 10.10.1. Company Overview
- 10.10.2. Role of Northrop Grumman Corporation in Global Small Satellite Launch Vehicle Market
- 10.10.3. Financials
- 10.10.4. SWOT Analysis
- 10.11 Rocket Lab USA, Inc.
- 10.11.1. Company Overview
- 10.11.2. Role of Rocket Lab USA in Global Small Satellite Launch Vehicle Market
- 10.11.3. SWOT Analysis
- 10.12 Space Exploration Technologies Corp.
- 10.12.1. Company Overview
- 10.12.2. Role of SpaceX Exploration Technologies Corp in Global Small Satellite Launch Vehicle Market
- 10.12.3. SWOT Analysis
- 10.13 Spacefleet Ltd.
- 10.13.1. Company Overview
- 10.13.2. Role of Spacefleet Ltd in Global Small Satellite Launch Vehicle Market
- 10.13.3. SWOT Analysis
- 10.14 The Boeing Company
- 10.14.1. Company Overview
- 10.14.2. Role of The Boeing Company in Global Small Launch Vehicle Market
- 10.14.3. Financials
- 10.14.4. SWOT Analysis
- 10.15 Virgin Orbit
- 10.15.1. Company Overview
- 10.15.2. Role of Virgin Orbit in Global Small Launch Vehicle Market
- 10.15.3. SWOT Analysis
- 10.16 Other Key Players
- 10.16.1. ABL Space Systems
- 10.16.2. Firefly Aerospace
- 10.16.3. VALT Enterprises
- 10.16.4. Gilmour Space Technologies
- 10.16.5. PLD Space
- 10.16.6. RocketCrafters
- 10.16.7. Orbex
11 Futuristic Scenario: Technological Advancement and Opportunities for Different Stakeholders
- 11.1. Cost Advantage in Small launch vehicle (SLV)
- 11.2. Propulsion System: Technology Roadmap
- 11.3. Modernization in Structure Composition of Small Launch Vehicle (SLV)
12 Global Small Satellite Industry Scenario: Business Opportunity for SLV Market
- 12.1. Regulatory Environment and Technical Challenges: Small Satellite Industry
- 12.2. Global Small Satellite Market Scenario
- 12.3. Opportunities for SLV Market
13 Research Scope and BIS Methodology
- 13.1. Scope of the Report
- 13.2. Global Small Launch Vehicle Market Research Methodology