Product Code: BH217A
“Global Infectious Disease Rapid Diagnostic Testing Market to Reach $2,853.2 Million by 2025.”
- Product - Infectious Disease Diagnostics Assays and Platforms
- Technology- Real-Time PCR , Isothermal Nucleic Acid Amplification Technology (INAAT), Lateral Flow Immunoassay, Enzyme Immunoassay, and Others
- Disease- Bacterial, Viral, and Others
- Application - Respiratory Infection, Gastro-intestinal Infection, Central Nervous System Infection, sexually transmitted infections, Hospital Acquired Infections and Other Infections
- End User - Hospital, Clinics, Diagnostic Centers, and Other End Users
- North America - U.S., Canada
- Europe - Germany, France, Italy, U.K., Spain, Russia, and Rest-of-Europe
- Asia-Pacific - China, Japan, India, Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, Australia, and Rest-of-Asia-Pacific (RoAPAC)
- Latin America - Brazil, Mexico, and Rest-of-the-Latin America
- Rising Incidence of Frequent Pandemics such as COVID-19 Infectious Disease Inciting the Development of Rapid Diagnostic Assays
- Significant Innovation Resulting in Market Pull
- Shift from Centralized to Decentralized Laboratories
- Significant External Funding for Executing R&D Exercises
- Lack of Standard Regulatory Processes
- Shortage of Skilled Professionals and Trained Lab Technicians
- Less Efficiency of Rapid Diagnostic Testing as Compared with Laboratory Testing
- Development of Infectious Disease Diagnostic Assays for Various Clinical Areas
- Massive Scope for Adoption of Infectious Disease Rapid Diagnostic Testing in Emerging Nations
Key Companies Profiled
Abbott Laboratories, F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd, Danaher Corporation, Luminex Corporation, BGI Group, bioMerieux S.A., DiaSorin S.p.A, Hologic, Inc., Mesa Biotech, Quidel Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., GenMark Diagnostics, CTK Biotech, Becton, Dickinson and Company, and Cellex Inc.
Key Questions Answered:
- What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global infectious disease rapid diagnostics testing market?
- What are the underlying structures resulting in the emerging trends within the infectious disease diagnostic assays and systems?
- What was the market value of the leading segments of the global infectious disease rapid diagnostics testing market in 2019?
- What are the influencing factors that may affect the market share of the key players?
- How is the industry expected to evolve during the forecast period 2020-2025?
- What are the key developmental strategies which are implemented by the key players to sustain in the competitive market?
- What is the current market share of each of the companies in the global infectious disease rapid diagnostics testing market and what are expected to be their contributions in 2025?
- What is the growth potential of infectious disease diagnostics in each region, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, Africa and Rest-of-the-World?
- What are the key regulatory implications in developed and developing regions for infectious disease diagnostics?
- What is the expected compound growth rate to be witnessed by the leading players in the market during the forecast period 2020-2025?
- What key strategies have been incorporated by the leading players for furthering the growth of infectious disease industry?
- How is a pandemic such as COVID-19 expected to impact development of rapid diagnostic for infectious disease testing?
Our healthcare experts have found infectious disease industry to be one of the most rapidly evolving markets. The global market for infectious disease rapid diagnostic testing is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 12.36% over the forecast period of 2020-2025. The market is driven by certain factors, which include the rising incidence of frequent pandemics such as COVID-19, infectious diseases inciting the development of rapid diagnostic assays, significant innovation resulting in market pull, shift from centralized to decentralized laboratories, and significant external funding for executing R&D exercises.
The market is favored by the development of rapid diagnostics assays for several clinical areas such as respiratory infections, central nervous system infection, sexually transmitted infection, among others. Recent infectious disease outbreaks such as Zika, Ebola, and COVID- 19 have furthered the growth of the market.
Furthermore, several diagnostic companies are focusing on the development of rapid diagnostics with higher sensitivity and low turn-around time to benefit the patients, providing diagnosis of an infectious disease at the point of care.
Within the research report, the market is segmented on the basis of product type, application, technology, disease end users, and region. Each of these segments covers the snapshot of the market over the projected years, the inclination of the market revenue, underlying patterns, and trends by using analytics on the primary and secondary data obtained.
The exponential rise in the application of precision medicine on a global level has created a buzz among companies to invest in the development of rapid diagnostics providing accurate results at a shorter turn-around time. Due to the diverse product portfolio and intense market penetration, Abbott Laboratories has been a pioneer in this field and been a significant competitor in this market.
Several other companies such as F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd, GenMark Diagnostics Inc., and Bio-Rad Laboratories, among others, have launched diagnostics assays for COVID-19, such as cobas SARS-CoV-2 Test, ePlex SARS-CoV-2 Test, and Fast Track Diagnostics (FTD) SARS-CoV-2 Assay respectively, to compete with ABBOTT REALTIME SARS-COV-2 ASSAY market dominance.
On the basis of region, North America holds the largest share of infectious disease rapid diagnostic testing market due to improved healthcare infrastructure, rise in per capita income, and availability of state-of-the-art research laboratories and institutions in the region. Apart from this, Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to grow at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period.
Table of Contents
1 Product Definition
- 1.1 Definition by Products
- 1.1.1 Platforms
- 1.1.2 Assays
- 1.2 Inclusion and Exclusion
2 Market Scope
- 2.1 Scope of Work
- 2.2 Key Questions Answered in the Report
3 Research Methodology
- 3.1 Primary Data Sources
- 3.2 Secondary Data Sources
- 3.3 Market Estimation Model
4 Market Overview
- 4.1 Definitions
- 4.1.1 Market Definition
- 4.1.2 Definition by Products
- 184.108.40.206 Platforms
- 220.127.116.11 Assays
- 4.2 Infectious Disease Rapid Diagnostic Technologies
- 4.3 Situation Analysis: Pre-COVID Vs. Post-COVID
- 4.4 Impact of COVID-19 on Infectious Disease Rapid Diagnostic Testing
- 4.4.1 Impact of COVID-19 on Different Countries
- 4.5 Market Size and Growth Potential, $Million, 2019-2025
- 4.5.1 Overview
- 4.5.2 Most Promising Countries in the Infectious Disease Rapid Diagnostic Testing Market
- 18.104.22.168 U.S.
- 22.214.171.124 Italy
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 India
- 184.108.40.206 Brazil
- 220.127.116.11 Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (K.S.A.)
- 18.104.22.168 Democratic Republic of Congo
5 Market Dynamics
- 5.1 Overview
- 5.2 Impact Analysis
- 5.3 Drivers
- 5.3.1 Rising Incidence of Frequent Pandemics, such as COVID-19 Infectious Disease, Inciting the Development of Rapid Diagnostic Assays
- 5.3.2 Significant Innovation Resulting in Market Pull
- 5.3.3 Shift from Centralized to Decentralized Laboratories
- 5.3.4 Significant External Funding for Executing R&D Exercises
- 5.4 Restraints
- 5.4.1 Lack of Standard Regulatory Processes
- 5.4.2 Shortage of Skilled Professionals and Trained Lab-Technicians
- 5.4.3 Less Efficiency of Rapid Diagnostic Testing as Compared with that of Laboratory Testing
- 5.5 Opportunities
- 5.5.1 Development of Infectious Disease Diagnostic Assays for Various Clinical Areas
6 Global Infectious Disease Rapid Testing Market (by Product), $Million, 2019-2025
- 6.1 Overview
- 6.2 Assays
- 6.3 Platforms
7 Global Infectious Disease Rapid Testing Market (by Technology), $Million, 2019-2025
- 7.1 Overview
- 7.2 Real-Time PCR (q-PCR)
- 7.3 Isothermal Nucleic Acid Amplification Technology (INAAT)
- 7.4 Lateral Flow Immunoassay (LFIA)
- 7.5 Enzyme Immunoassay (EIA)
- 7.6 Others
8 Global Infectious Disease Rapid Testing Market (by Application), $Million, 2019-2025
- 8.1 Overview
- 8.2 Respiratory Infection
- 8.3 Gastro-Intestinal Infection
- 8.4 Center Nervous System Infection
- 8.5 Hospital Acquired Infection
- 8.6 Sexually Transmitted Infections
- 8.7 Others
9 Global Infectious Disease Rapid Testing Market (by Disease), $Million, 2019-2025
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Bacterial Infection
- 9.2.1 Hospital Acquired Infections
- 9.2.2 Tuberculosis
- 9.2.3 CT/NG
- 9.2.4 Others
- 9.3 Viral Infections
- 9.3.1 Influenza Virus
- 9.3.2 Hepatitis
- 9.3.3 HIV-AIDS
- 9.3.4 HPV
- 9.3.5 Others
- 9.4 Other Infections
10 Emerging Companies in the Global Infectious Disease Rapid Diagnostic Testing Market
- 10.1 XCR Diagnostics, Inc.
- 10.2 Co-Diagnostics Inc.
- 10.3 Inflammatix, Inc.
- 10.4 DNA Electronics
- 10.5 Mylab Discovery Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- 10.6 CerTest BIOTEC S.L.
11 Global Infectious Disease Rapid Diagnostic Testing Market (by Region)
- 11.1 Overview
- 11.2 North America
- 11.3 Europe
- 11.3.1 Germany
- 11.3.2 U.K.
- 11.3.3 France
- 11.3.4 Italy
- 11.3.5 Spain
- 11.3.6 Russia
- 11.3.7 Rest-of-Europe
- 11.4 Asia-Pacific
- 11.4.1 China
- 11.4.2 Japan
- 11.4.3 India
- 11.4.4 Taiwan
- 11.4.5 South Korea
- 11.4.6 Singapore
- 11.4.7 Australia
- 11.4.8 Rest-of-APAC
- 11.5 Latin America
- 11.5.1 Brazil
- 11.5.2 Mexico
- 11.5.3 Rest-of-Latin America
- 11.6 Middle East
- 11.7 Africa
- 11.8 Rest-of-the-World (RoW)
12 Global Infectious Disease Rapid Diagnostic Testing Market (by End User)
- 12.1 Overview
- 12.2 Hospitals
- 12.3 Clinics
- 12.4 Diagnostic Centers
- 12.5 Other End Users
13 Competitive Landscape
- 13.1 Key Strategies and Developments
- 13.1.1 Product Approvals
- 13.1.2 Product Launches and Upgradations
- 13.1.3 Synergistic Activities
- 13.1.4 Funding and Expansion
- 13.1.5 Mergers and Acquisitions
- 13.2 Industry Trends
- 13.3 Market Share Analysis (by Company), 2019
- 13.4 Growth Share Analysis (Opportunity Mapping)
- 13.4.1 By Company
- 13.4.2 By Application
- 13.4.3 By Technology
14 Company Profiles
- 14.1 Overview
- 14.2 Abbott Laboratories
- 14.2.1 Company Overview
- 14.2.2 BIS Insights
- 14.3 F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- 14.3.1 Company Overview
- 14.3.2 BIS Insights
- 14.4 Danaher Corporation
- 14.4.1 Company Overview
- 14.4.2 BIS Insights
- 14.5 Luminex Corporation
- 14.5.1 Company Overview
- 14.5.2 BIS Insights
- 14.6 BGI Group
- 14.6.1 Company Overview
- 14.6.2 BIS Insights
- 14.7 bioMerieux S.A.
- 14.7.1 Company Overview
- 14.7.2 BIS Insights
- 14.8 DiaSorin S.p.A
- 14.8.1 Company Overview
- 14.8.2 BIS Insights
- 14.9 Hologic, Inc.
- 14.9.1 Company Overview
- 14.9.2 BIS Insights
- 14.10 Mesa Biotech
- 14.10.1 Company Overview
- 14.10.2 BIS Insights
- 14.11 Quidel Corporation
- 14.11.1 Company Overview
- 14.11.2 BIS Insights
- 14.12 Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- 14.12.1 Company Overview
- 14.12.2 BIS Insights
- 14.13 GenMark Diagnostics
- 14.13.1 Company Overview
- 14.13.2 BIS Insights
- 14.14 CTK Biotech
- 14.14.1 Company Overview
- 14.14.2 BIS Insights
- 14.15 Becton, Dickinson and Company
- 14.15.1 Company Overview
- 14.15.2 BIS Insights
- 14.16 Cellex
- 14.16.1 Company Overview
- 14.16.2 BIS Insights