Product Code: BH067B
Global Companion Diagnostics Market to Reach $7,536.7 Million by 2030
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- What are the long-term and short-term impacts of companion diagnostics on the human health continuum?
- What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global companion diagnostics market?
- What are the key development strategies which are implemented by the major players in order to sustain in the competitive market?
- What are the key regulatory implications in developed and developing regions for the global companion diagnostics market?
- How is the patent landscape in the industry shaping up future technological trends?
- How is each segment of the market expected to grow during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030?
- Who are the leading players with significant offerings to the global companion diagnostics market? What is the expected market dominance for each of these leading players?
- Which companies are anticipated to be highly disruptive in the future, and why?
- What are challenges that are yet to be met by the global companion diagnostics market?
Global Companion Diagnostics Market Forecast, 2020-2030
The companion diagnostics industry analysis by BIS Research projects the market to grow at a significant CAGR of 12.45% during the forecast period, 2020-2030. The global companion diagnostics market generated $1,764.7 million revenue in 2019, in terms of value. The global companion diagnostics market growth has been primarily attributed to the major drivers in this market such as growing incidence of cancer, growing demand for precision medicine, and co development of drug and diagnostics. However, there are significant challenges which are restraining the market growth. These challenges include uncertain reimbursement scenario, weak synchronization between therapeutics and diagnostics in marketing and distribution channels.
"North America is the leading contributor in the global companion diagnostics market and contributed approximately 56.69% to the global market value in 2019. This region is anticipated to grow at a significant CAGR during the forecast period 2020-2030 and continue dominating the global market in 2030. However, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 20.99% during the forecast period. In addition, the region of Europe also contributed a significant share of 25.95% to the global market in 2019."
Scope of the Market Intelligence on the Global Companion Diagnostics Market
The companion diagnostics research provides a holistic view of the market in terms of various factors influencing it, including regulatory reforms, and technological advancements.
The scope of the report primarily evaluates FDA-approved companion diagnostics products that are commercialized in the U.S. as well as other regions. In addition, the study also includes companion diagnostics products that have received approvals for commercialization from the European Medicines Agency (EMA), Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW) and Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency (PMDA), and National Medical Products Administration (NMPA; formerly known as China Food and Drug Administration or the CFDA).
The global companion diagnostics market segmentation (on the basis of manufacturing) is further segmented on the basis of technology, application, and region.
The global companion diagnostics market segmentation (on the basis of technology) is segmented into polymerase chain reaction (PCR), immunohistochemistry (IHC), in-situ hybridization (ISH), and next-generation sequencing (NGS).
The global companion diagnostics market segmentation (on the basis of application) is segmented into lung cancer, breast cancer, colorectal cancer, leukemia, stomach cancer, and melanoma.
The global companion diagnostics market segmentation (on the basis of region) is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest-of-the-World.
Key Companies in the Global Companion Diagnostics Market
The key manufacturers who have been contributing significantly to the global companion diagnostics market include Abbott Laboratories, Agilent Technologies, Inc., ARUP Laboratories, bioMerieux S.A., Danaher Corporation, DiaCarta, Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, ICON plc, Illumina, Inc., Invivoscribe Technologies, Inc., Myriad Genetics, Inc., Novogene Corporation, QIAGEN N.V., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc among others.
1 Product Definition
- 1.1 Inclusion and Exclusion
2 Research Scope
- 2.1 Scope of the Study
- 2.2 Key Questions Answered in the Report
- 2.3 Global Companion Diagnostics Market: Research Methodology
3 Research Methodology
- 3.1 Primary Data Sources
- 3.2 Secondary Data Sources
- 3.3 Market Estimation Model
4 Market Dynamics
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Iceberg Analysis - Global Companion Diagnostics Market
- 4.3 Impact Analysis
- 4.4 Market Drivers
- 4.4.1 Growing Incidence of Cancer
- 126.96.36.199 Better Treatment Assurance
- 188.8.131.52 Diagnostic and Treatment Availability for All Forms of Cancer
- 4.4.2 Growing Demand for Precision Medicine
- 184.108.40.206 Adverse Drug Reactions
- 220.127.116.11 Boost in Predictive Biomarker Discovery
- 4.4.3 Co-Development of Drugs and Diagnostics
- 4.5 Market Restraints
- 4.5.1 Uncertain Reimbursement Scenario
- 4.5.2 Companion Diagnostics Leakage in Oncology
- 4.5.3 Weak Synchronization between Therapeutics and Diagnostics in Marketing and Distribution Channels
- 4.6 Market Opportunities
- 4.6.1 New Indication Areas
- 4.6.2 Next-Generation Sequencing Accelerating Targeted Gene Therapy
- 4.6.3 Data Science for Companion Diagnostics Applications
5 Industry Insights
- 5.1 Legal Requirements and Framework by the FDA
- 5.2 Legal Requirements and Framework by the EMA
- 5.3 Legal Requirements and Framework by the MHLW
6 Competitive Landscape
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions
- 6.2 Product Launches and Product Updates
- 6.3 Synergistic Activities
- 6.4 Business Expansion Activities and Others
- 6.5 Product Approvals
- 6.6 Market Share Analysis
- 6.7 Opportunity Mapping
- 6.7.1 By Technology
- 6.7.2 By Application Area
- 6.7.3 By Region
7 Global Companion Diagnostics Market Overview
- 7.1 Classification of Companion Diagnostics (CDx)
- 7.2 CDx in a Historical Perspective
- 7.3 Constituents for Companion Diagnostics (CDx) Development
- 7.4 Significant Applications of Companion Diagnostics (CDx)
- 7.5 Companion Diagnostics (CDx): Future Potential
8 Global Companion Diagnostics Market (by Technology)
- 8.1 Overview
- 8.2 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- 8.3 Immunohistochemistry (IHC)
- 8.4 In-Situ Hybridization (ISH)
- 8.5 Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
9 Global Companion Diagnostics Market (by Application Area)
- 9.1 Overview
- 9.2 Lung Cancer
- 9.3 Breast Cancer
- 9.4 Colorectal Cancer
- 9.5 Leukemia
- 9.6 Stomach Cancer
- 9.7 Melanoma
- 9.8 Other Application Areas
10 Global Companion Diagnostics Market, (by Region)
- 10.1 Overview
- 10.2 North America
- 10.2.1 Key Products Marketed
- 10.2.2 U.S.
- 10.2.3 Canada
- 10.3 Europe
- 10.3.1 Key Products Marketed
- 10.3.2 Germany
- 10.3.3 France
- 10.3.4 U.K.
- 10.3.5 Italy
- 10.3.6 Spain
- 10.3.7 Rest-of-Europe
- 10.4 Asia-Pacific
- 10.4.1 Key Products Marketed
- 10.4.2 China
- 10.4.3 Japan
- 10.4.4 Australia
- 10.4.5 India
- 10.4.6 Singapore
- 10.4.7 Rest-of-APAC
- 10.5 Rest-of-the-World
11 Company Profiles
- 11.1 Overview
- 11.2 Abbott Laboratories
- 11.2.1 Company Overview
- 11.2.2 Role of Abbott Laboratories in the Global Companion Diagnostics Market
- 11.2.3 Financials
- 11.2.4 Key Insights About Financial Health of the Company
- 11.2.5 SWOT Analysis
- 11.3 Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- 11.3.1 Company Overview
- 11.3.2 Role of Agilent Technologies, Inc. in the Global Companion Diagnostics Market
- 11.3.3 Financials
- 11.3.4 Key Insights About Financial Health of the Company
- 11.3.5 SWOT Analysis
- 11.4 ARUP Laboratories
- 11.4.1 Company Overview
- 11.4.2 Role of ARUP Laboratories in the Global Companion Diagnostics Market
- 11.4.3 SWOT Analysis
- 11.5 bioMerieux S.A.
- 11.5.1 Company Overview
- 11.5.2 Role of bioMerieux S.A. in the Global Companion Diagnostics Market
- 11.5.3 Financials
- 11.5.4 Key Insights About Financial Health of the Company
- 11.5.5 SWOT Analysis
- 11.6 Danaher Corporation
- 11.6.1 Company Overview
- 11.6.2 Role of Danaher Corporation in the Global Companion Diagnostics Market
- 11.6.3 Financials
- 11.6.4 Key Insights About Financial Health of the Company
- 11.6.5 SWOT Analysis
- 11.7 DiaCarta, Inc.
- 11.7.1 Company Overview
- 11.7.2 Role of DiaCarta, Inc. in the Global Companion Diagnostics Market
- 11.7.3 SWOT Analysis
- 11.8 F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- 11.8.1 Company Overview
- 11.8.2 Role of F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd in the Global Companion Diagnostics Market
- 11.8.3 Financials
- 11.8.4 Key Insights About Financial Health of the Company
- 11.8.5 SWOT Analysis
- 11.9 ICON plc (MolecularMD Corporation)
- 11.9.1 Company Overview
- 11.9.2 Role of ICON plc in the Global Companion Diagnostics Market
- 11.9.3 Financials
- 11.9.4 SWOT Analysis
- 11.10 Illumina, Inc.
- 11.10.1 Company Overview
- 11.10.2 Role of Illumina, Inc. in the Global Companion Diagnostics Market
- 11.10.3 Financials
- 11.10.4 Key Insights About Financial Health of the Company
- 11.10.5 SWOT Analysis
- 11.11 Invivoscribe Technologies, Inc.
- 11.11.1 Company Overview
- 11.11.2 Role of Invivoscribe Technologies, Inc. in the Global Companion Diagnostics Market
- 11.11.3 SWOT Analysis
- 11.12 Myriad Genetics, Inc.
- 11.12.1 Company Overview
- 11.12.2 Role of Myriad Genetics, Inc. in the Global Companion Diagnostics Market
- 11.12.3 Financials
- 11.12.4 SWOT Analysis
- 11.13 Novogene Corporation
- 11.13.1 Company Overview
- 11.13.2 Role of Novogene Corporation in the Global Companion Diagnostics Market
- 11.13.3 SWOT Analysis
- 11.14 QIAGEN N.V.
- 11.14.1 Company Overview
- 11.14.2 Role of QIAGEN N.V. in the Global Companion Diagnostics Market
- 11.14.3 Financials
- 11.14.4 Key Insights About Financial Health of the Company
- 11.14.5 SWOT Analysis
- 11.15 Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- 11.15.1 Company Overview
- 11.15.2 Role of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. in the Global Companion Diagnostics Market
- 11.15.3 Financials
- 11.15.4 Key Insights About Financial Health of the Company
- 11.15.5 SWOT Analysis