Product Code: AG051A
"Global UHT Milk Market Anticipated to Reach 124.77 Million Tons by 2024", According to BIS Research Report.
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- How is UHT milk a viable solution to the increasing global milk demand?
- What are the major factors promoting the uptake of UHT milk?
- How is the associated high cost affecting the overall adoption of UHT milk?
- How competitive is the industry in terms of market developments by key players such as business expansions, collaborations, acquisitions, agreements, and new product developments?
- What are the key strategies, both inorganic and organic, that are being adopted by market participants to expand their market share, regionally as well as in new product lines?
- What has been the impact of market forces in the global UHT milk market in the last three years?
- Which is the most common milk type offered to consumers in the UHT milk segment?
- What is the expected growth potential for different distribution channels during the forecast period?
- Who are the leading players offering UHT milk in the market?
- What is the expected future scenario and revenue generated by different types of milk?
- Which was the most dominant region in terms of UHT milk adoption, revenue generation, and presence of companies as of 2018?
- What are the internal and external factors that impact the company's positioning in the market?
Global UHT Milk Market Forecast, 2019-2024
The UHT milk industry analysis by BIS Research projects the market to grow at a significant CAGR of 4.57% during the forecast period from 2019 to 2024. Numerous governments are increasingly concerned about the growing milk demand from the global population. The increasing degree of urbanization also raises concerns for the availability of fresh dairy milk in the cities. Therefore, to meet this growing demand for milk, ultra-high treatment on milk and packaging the same aseptically have been adopted by the dairy industry. The UHT milk market growth is majorly driven by factors such as rise in the demand for lactose-free milk and increasing outreach through various distribution channels.
"With a burgeoning global population and increasing urbanization, stakeholders across nations have identified the need for offering better quality milk, one of which is ultra high-treated milk. The impending need for milk enhanced with vitamins and supplements, that also helps curb diseases, is gradually gaining traction. Additionally, UHT skimmed milk is anticipated to be the potential segment, expected to register the highest CAGR from 2019 to 2024."
Scope of the Global UHT Milk Market
The global UHT milk market research provides a detailed perspective regarding the consumption of the UHT milk, its volume and estimation, among others. The purpose of this market analysis is to examine the UHT milk industry outlook in terms of factors driving the market trends, developments, and emerging trends, among others.
The report further takes into consideration the market dynamics and the competitive landscape along with the detailed financial and product contributions of the key players operating in the market. The UHT milk report is a compilation of different segments including market breakdown by milk type, distribution channel, and region.
The UHT milk market segmentation (on the basis of milk type) is further segmented into whole milk, semi-skimmed milk, and skimmed milk. Whole milk segment dominated the global UHT milk market in 2018 and is anticipated to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period (2019-2024).
The UHT milk market segmentation, on the basis of distribution channel, is segmented into direct/institutional sale and retail sale. The retail segment dominated the global UHT milk market in 2018 and is anticipated to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period.
The UHT milk market segmentation by region is segregated under four major regions, such as North America, Europe, APAC and Rest-of-the-World. Data for each of these regions is provided by application type and by country.
Key Companies in the UHT Milk Industry
The key market players in the global UHT milk market include Lactalis Group, Nestle S.A., Danone S.A., Arla Foods, Fonterra Co-operative Group, Sodiaal Group, and Bright Dairy, among others.
Table of Contents
1. Market Dynamics
- 1.1. Market Drivers
- 1.1.1. Increasing Disposable Income and Urbanization
- 1.1.2. Longer Shelf Life and Convenience in Usage
- 1.1.3. Combating Lactose Intolerance
- 1.2. Market Restraints
- 1.2.1. High Cost of Packaging
- 1.2.2. Consumer Tastes and Preferences
- 1.3. Market Opportunities
- 1.3.1. Opportunities in Asia-Pacific, Middle East, and Africa
- 1.3.2. Collaborations with Online Retailers
2. Competitive Landscape
- 2.1. Key Market Developments and Strategies
- 2.1.1. Business Expansion and Contracts
- 2.1.2. Mergers and Acquisitions
- 2.1.3. Partnerships, Collaborations, & Joint Ventures
- 2.1.4. Product Launches and Developments
- 2.2. Geographic Presence of Key Competitors
3. Industry Analysis
- 3.1. Industry Attractiveness
- 3.1.1. Threat of New Entrants
- 3.1.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 3.1.3. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 3.1.4. Threat from Substitutes
- 3.1.5. Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 3.2. Supply Chain Analysis
- 3.3. Consortiums and Associations
4. Global UHT Milk Market (by Milk Type)
- 4.1. Market Overview
- 4.2. Whole Milk
- 4.3. Semi-Skimmed Milk
- 4.4. Skimmed Milk
5. Global UHT Milk Market (by Distribution Channel)
- 5.1. Market Overview
- 5.2. Direct/Institutional Sales
- 5.3. Retail Sales
- 5.3.1. Supermarkets/Hypermarkets
- 5.3.2. Small Retail Stores
- 5.3.3. Online
- 5.3.4. Others (Convenience Stores, Specialty Stores, and Kiosks)
6. Global UHT Milk Market (by Region), Million Tons, 2019-2024
- 6.1. Market Overview
- 6.2. Europe
- 6.2.1. Europe UHT Milk Market (by Milk Type)
- 6.2.2. Europe UHT Milk Market (By Distribution Channel)
- 6.2.3. Europe UHT Milk Market (by Country)
- 220.127.116.11. France
- 18.104.22.168. Germany
- 22.214.171.124. Russia
- 126.96.36.199. U.K.
- 188.8.131.52. Netherlands
- 184.108.40.206. Rest-of-Europe
- 6.3. North America
- 6.3.1. North America UHT Milk Market (by Milk Type)
- 6.3.2. North America UHT Milk Market (by Distribution Channel)
- 6.3.3. North America UHT Milk Market (by Country)
- 220.127.116.11. U.S.
- 18.104.22.168. Canada
- 22.214.171.124. Mexico
- 126.96.36.199. Rest-of-North America
- 6.4. Asia-Pacific
- 6.4.1. Asia-Pacific UHT Milk Market (by Milk Type)
- 6.4.2. Asia-Pacific UHT Milk Market (Distribution Channel)
- 6.4.3. Asia-Pacific UHT Milk Market (by Country)
- 188.8.131.52. China
- 184.108.40.206. Japan
- 220.127.116.11. Australia
- 18.104.22.168. India
- 22.214.171.124. South Korea
- 126.96.36.199. Rest-of-Asia-Pacific
- 6.5. Rest-of-the-World (RoW)
- 6.5.1. RoW UHT Milk Market (by Type)
- 6.5.2. RoW UHT Milk Market (Distribution Channel)
- 6.5.3. RoW UHT Milk Market (by Country)
- 188.8.131.52. Brazil
- 184.108.40.206. Argentina
- 220.127.116.11. Egypt
- 18.104.22.168. Saudi Arabia
- 22.214.171.124. South Africa
- 126.96.36.199. Rest-of-RoW
7. Company Profiles
- 7.1. Arla Foods
- 7.1.1. Company Overview
- 7.1.2. Role of Arla Foods in UHT Milk Market
- 7.1.3. SWOT Analysis
- 7.2. Danone S.A.
- 7.2.1. Company Overview
- 7.2.2. Role of Danone S.A. in UHT Milk Market
- 7.2.3. Financials
- 7.2.4. SWOT Analysis
- 7.3. Nestle S.A.
- 7.3.1. Company Overview
- 7.3.2. Role of Nestle S.A. in UHT Milk Market
- 7.3.3. Financials
- 7.3.4. SWOT Analysis
- 7.4. Parmalat S.p.A.
- 7.4.1. Company Overview
- 7.4.2. Role of Parmalat S.p.A. in UHT Milk Market
- 7.4.3. Financials
- 7.4.4. SWOT Analysis
- 7.5. Savencia Fromage & Dairy
- 7.5.1. Company Overview
- 7.5.2. Role of Savencia Fromage & Dairy in UHT Milk Market
- 7.5.3. Financials
- 7.5.4. SWOT Analysis
- 7.6. Sodiaal Group
- 7.6.1. Company Overview
- 7.6.2. Role of Sodiaal Group in UHT Milk Market
- 7.6.3. Financials
- 7.6.4. SWOT Analysis
- 7.7. Inner Mongolia Yili Industrial Group Co. Ltd.
- 7.7.1. Company Overview
- 7.7.2. Role of Inner Mongolia Yili Industrial Group Co. Ltd. In UHT Milk Market
- 7.7.3. Financials
- 7.7.4. SWOT Analysis
- 7.8. Fonterra Co-operative Group
- 7.8.1. Company Overview
- 7.8.2. Role of Fonterra Co-operative Group in UHT Milk Market
- 7.8.3. Financials
- 7.8.4. SWOT Analysis
- 7.9. Murray Goulburn Co-operative Co. Limited
- 7.9.1. Company Overview
- 7.9.2. Role of Murray Goulburn Co-operative Co. Limited in UHT Milk Market
- 7.9.3. Financials
- 7.9.4. SWOT Analysis
- 7.10 Britannia Industries Limited
- 7.10.1. Company Overview
- 7.10.2. Role of Britannia Industries Limited in UHT Milk Market
- 7.10.3. Financials
- 7.10.4. SWOT Analysis
- 7.11 The Bel Group
- 7.11.1. Company Overview
- 7.11.2. Role of The Bel Group in UHT Milk Market
- 7.11.3. Financials
- 7.11.4. SWOT Analysis
- 7.12 Almarai Company
- 7.12.1. Company Overview
- 7.12.2. Role of Almarai Company in UHT Milk Market
- 7.12.3. Financials
- 7.12.4. SWOT Analysis
- 7.13 China Mengniu Dairy Company Limited
- 7.13.1. Company Overview
- 7.13.2. Role of China Mengniu Dairy Company Limited Group in UHT Milk Market
- 7.13.3. Financials
- 7.13.4. SWOT Analysis
- 7.14 Bright Dairy & Food Co., Ltd.
- 7.14.1. Company Overview
- 7.14.2. Role of Bright Dairy & Food Co., Ltd. Limited Group in UHT Milk Market
- 7.14.3. Financials
- 7.14.4. SWOT Analysis
- 7.15 Organic Valley
- 7.15.1. Company Overview
- 7.15.2. Role of Organic Valley in UHT Milk Market
- 7.15.3. SWOT Analysis
8. Report Scope and Methodology
- 8.1. Report Scope
- 8.2. UHT Milk Market Research Methodology
- 8.3. Primary Data Sources
- 8.4. Secondary Data Sources
- 8.5. Data Triangulation
- 8.6. Market Estimation and Forecast