Product Code: SE033A
Global Blockchain in Energy Market to Grow at a CAGR of 54.09% from 2019-2024
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- What is the global blockchain in energy market size in terms of revenue from 2018-2024, and what is the expected growth rate during the forecast period 2019-2024?
- What is the revenue generated by different types of blockchains such as public and private at a global and regional level?
- What is the revenue generated by blockchain based on different components such as platforms & software and hardware & services at a global and regional level?
- What is the revenue generated by blockchain based on different end users such as power and oil & gas at a global and regional level?
- What is the revenue generated by blockchain based on different applications for power and oil & gas at a global and regional level?
- What is the market size and what are the various market opportunities of blockchain in energy across different regions?
- What are the major driving forces that are expected to increase the demand for the blockchain in energy market during the forecast period?
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global blockchain in energy market?
- Which are the major stakeholders in terms of their contribution and impact in the blockchain in energy ecosystem?
- What kind of new strategies are adopted by the existing market players to expand their market position in the industry?
- What is the regulatory landscape in different regions for blockchain in energy?
Global Blockchain in Energy Market Forecast, 2019-2024
The Blockchain in Energy Industry Analysis by BIS Research projects the market to grow at a significant CAGR of 54.09% during the forecast period from 2019 to 2024. Increasing integration of renewable energy sources and increasing demand for decentralized power generation are the factors supporting the growth of blockchain in energy, globally.
The blockchain in energy market growth is majorly driven by the rise of solar roof-top installations and increasing need for energy independence. The market has also been witnessing increasing project launches and platform launch activities since the last three years. The developments in the market are largely driven by key players in the energy industry and governments investing into the fast growing blockchain in energy market.
"With the increasing demand for energy and need for grid management, the demand for a technology to help manage the systems and reduce operational costs has also increased rapidly. This has resulting in blockchain becoming a potential cost saving technology."
"Currently, blockchain is in a relatively primary stage of its technology lifecycle, however with the ongoing investments and new project launches, the revenue from blockchain is expected to grow exponentially."
Scope of the Global Blockchain in Energy Market
The global blockchain in energy market research provides a detailed perspective regarding the blockchain applications, its value, and its estimation, among others. The purpose of this market analysis is to examine blockchain in the energy industry in terms of factors driving the market, trends, developments, and regulatory landscape, among others.
The report further takes into consideration the market dynamics and the competitive landscape along with the detailed financial and project contributions of the key players operating in the market. The blockchain in energy study is a compilation of different segments including market breakdown by technology type, component, end user, application, and region.
The blockchain in energy market (on the basis of blockchain type) is further segmented into public and private segments. The public blockchain dominated the global blockchain in energy market in 2018 and is anticipated to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period (2019-2024).
The blockchain in energy market, on the basis of components, is segmented into platforms & software and hardware & services. The platform & software segment dominated the global blockchain in energy market in 2018 and is anticipated to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period.
The blockchain in energy market segmentation, on the basis of end user, is segmented into power and oil & gas. The power segment dominated the global blockchain in energy market in 2018 and is anticipated to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period.
The blockchain in energy market segmentation, on the basis of application, is segmented into power applications and oil & gas applications. The power application is further segmented into peer-to-peer power trade, grid management & system operation, electric mobility, renewable energy financing, management of renewable energy certificates, and others. The peer-to-peer power trade segment dominated the global blockchain in energy market in 2018 for power applications and is anticipated to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period.
The oil & gas application is further segmented into ticketing solutions, commodity trading, and others. The commodity trading segment dominated the global blockchain in energy market in 2018 for oil & gas applications and is anticipated to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period.
The blockchain in energy market by region is segregated under four major sections, namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest-of-the-World. Data for each of these regions has been provided by power application, oil & gas application, and by country.
Key Companies in the Blockchain in Energy Industry
The key market players in the global blockchain in energy market include IBM Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, BP plc, E.ON SE, LO3 Energy, Inc., Power Ledger, TenneT Holding B.V., Energy Web Foundation, Electron, Grid Plus, Inc., VAKT Global Ltd., and Ondiflo, and others.
Table of Contents
1 Blockchain in Energy Market
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Types of Consensus Protocols
- 1.2.1 Proof of Work (PoW)
- 1.2.2 Proof of Stake (PoS)
- 1.2.3 Proof of Authority (PoA)
- 1.3 Blockchain Structure
- 1.3.1 Foundational Elements of Blockchain
- 1.3.2 Types of Blockchain
- 18.104.22.168 Public Blockchain
- 22.214.171.124 Private Blockchain
- 126.96.36.199 Hybrid Blockchain
- 1.4 Overview - Blockchain in Energy Industry
2 Market Dynamics
- 2.1 Market Drivers
- 2.1.1 Increasing Demand for Decentralized Power Generation
- 2.1.2 Increasing Demand for Renewable Sources of Energy
- 2.1.3 Favorable Government Initiatives
- 2.2 Market Restraints
- 2.2.1 High Initial Investment
- 2.2.2 Privacy and Security Risk
- 2.3 Market Opportunities
- 2.3.1 Integration of Virtual Power Plant in Blockchain
- 2.3.2 Emerging Market of Electric Vehicles
- 2.3.3 Increasing Necessity for Oil and Gas Sector
3 Competitive Landscape
- 3.1 Key Market Developments and Strategies
- 3.1.1 Project Launches
- 3.1.2 Partnerships, Collaborations, and Joint Venture
- 3.1.3 Platform Launches
- 3.1.4 Others (Investments)
- 3.2 Competitive Positioning of Key Players in Blockchain in Energy Market
4 Industry Analysis
- 4.1 Role of Internet of Things in Blockchain in Energy Market
- 4.2 Stakeholder Analysis
- 4.3 Consortiums and Associations
- 4.3.1 Ethereum Enterprise Alliance
- 4.3.2 Hyperledger Project
- 4.3.3 Trusted IoT Alliance
- 4.4 Regulatory Landscape in the Blockchain Ecosystem
- 4.4.1 North America
- 188.8.131.52 U.S.
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 4.4.2 Europe
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 Netherlands
- 22.214.171.124 U.K.
- 126.96.36.199 Estonia
- 188.8.131.52 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 Switzerland
- 4.4.3 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 Japan
- 18.104.22.168 Singapore
- 22.214.171.124 Australia
- 4.4.4 Rest-of-the-World
- 126.96.36.199 South Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Brazil
- 184.108.40.206 UAE
- 4.5 Investment and Funding Landscape
5 Global Blockchain in Energy Market (by Type)
- 5.1 Market Assumptions
- 5.2 Market Limitations
- 5.3 Market Overview
- 5.4 Public
- 5.4.1 Factors Limiting the Growth of Public Blockchains
- 220.127.116.11 Transactions are Expensive to Process on Public Blockchains
- 18.104.22.168 Public Blockchains have High Energy Bills
- 22.214.171.124 Public Blockchains have Privacy Risks
- 5.4.2 Benefits of Using a Public Blockchain
- 126.96.36.199 Public Blockchains Provide Interoperability
- 188.8.131.52 Public Blockchain Offer Compatible Resources
- 184.108.40.206 Public Blockchain Allow User Independence
- 5.5 Private
- 5.5.1 Benefits of Using a Private Blockchain
- 220.127.116.11 Permissions can be Assigned
- 18.104.22.168 Better Scalability
- 22.214.171.124 Low Response Time on Transactions
- 126.96.36.199 Compliance Support and Management
6 Global Blockchain in Energy Market, (by Component)
- 6.1 Market Overview
- 6.2 Platform
- 6.3 Hardware and Ancillary Services
7 Global Blockchain in Energy Market, (by End User)
- 7.1 Market Overview
- 7.2 Power
- 7.2.1 Power Generation
- 7.2.2 Power Transmission
- 7.2.3 Power Distribution
- 7.2.4 Retail
- 7.3 Oil & Gas
- 7.3.1 Upstream
- 188.8.131.52 Identity & Certification on the Blockchain
- 184.108.40.206 Field Capture Errors & Data Sanitation
- 220.127.116.11 Financial Reconciliation
- 18.104.22.168 Performance-Based Contracts (PBCs)
- 7.3.2 Midstream
- 22.214.171.124 Product Tracking
- 126.96.36.199 Industrial Infrastructure Maintenance
- 7.3.3 Downstream
- 188.8.131.52 Reconciliation for Downstream
- 184.108.40.206 Automated Payments & Credits
8 Global Blockchain in Energy Market (by Applications)
- 8.1 Market Overview
- 8.2 Power Applications
- 8.2.1 Peer-to-Peer Power Trade
- 8.2.2 Grid Management & System Operation
- 8.2.3 Financing Renewable Energy Development
- 8.2.4 Electric Mobility
- 8.2.5 Management of Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs)
- 8.2.6 Others
- 8.3 Oil & Gas Applications
- 8.3.1 Ticketing Solutions
- 8.3.2 Commodity Trading
- 8.3.3 Others
9 Global Blockchain in Energy Market (by Region)
- 9.1 North America
- 9.1.1 North America (by Applications)
- 220.127.116.11 North America (by Power Applications)
- 18.104.22.168 North America (by Oil & Gas Applications)
- 9.1.2 North America (by Country)
- 22.214.171.124 U.S.
- 126.96.36.199 Rest-of-North America
- 9.2 Europe
- 9.2.1 Europe (by Application)
- 188.8.131.52 Europe (by Power Application)
- 184.108.40.206 Europe (by Oil & Gas Applications)
- 9.2.2 Europe (by Country)
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 The Netherlands
- 22.214.171.124 Estonia
- 126.96.36.199 U.K.
- 188.8.131.52 Italy
- 184.108.40.206 Rest-of-Europe
- 9.3 Asia-Pacific
- 9.3.1 Asia-Pacific (by Application)
- 220.127.116.11 Asia-Pacific (by Power Application)
- 18.104.22.168 Asia-Pacific (by Oil & Gas Application)
- 9.3.2 Asia-Pacific (by Country)
- 22.214.171.124 Australia
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 Singapore
- 184.108.40.206 Rest-of-Asia-Pacific
- 9.4 Rest-of-the-World (RoW)
- 9.4.1 RoW (by Application)
10 Company Profiles
- 10.1 BP p.l.c.
- 10.1.1 Company Overview
- 10.1.2 Role of BP p.l.c. in Blockchain in Energy Market
- 10.1.3 Financials
- 10.1.4 Key Insights about the Financial Health of the company
- 10.1.5 SWOT ANALYSIS
- 10.2 E.ON SE
- 10.2.1 Company Overview
- 10.2.2 Role of E.ON SE in Blockchain in Energy Market
- 10.2.3 Financials
- 10.2.4 Key Insights about the Financial Health of the company
- 10.2.5 SWOT ANALYSIS
- 10.3 Electron
- 10.3.1 Company Overview
- 10.3.2 Role of Electron in Blockchain in Energy Market
- 10.3.3 SWOT Analysis
- 10.4 Energy Web Foundation
- 10.4.1 Company Overview
- 10.4.2 Role of Energy Web Foundation in Blockchain in Energy Market
- 10.4.3 SWOT Analysis
- 10.5 Grid Plus, Inc.
- 10.5.1 Company Overview
- 10.5.2 Role of Grid Plus, Inc. in Blockchain in Energy Market
- 10.5.3 SWOT Analysis
- 10.6 IBM CORPORATION
- 10.6.1 Company Overview
- 10.6.2 Role of IBM Corporation in Blockchain in Energy Market
- 10.6.3 Financials
- 10.6.4 Key Insights about the Financial Health of the company
- 10.6.5 SWOT ANALYSIS
- 10.7 LO3 Energy, Inc.
- 10.7.1 Company Overview
- 10.7.2 Role of LO3 Energy, Inc in Blockchain in Energy Market
- 10.7.3 SWOT Analysis
- 10.8 MICROSOFT CORPORATION
- 10.8.1 Company Overview
- 10.8.2 Role of Microsoft Corporation in Blockchain in Energy Market
- 10.8.3 Financials
- 10.8.4 Key Insights about the Financial Health of the company
- 10.8.5 SWOT ANALYSIS
- 10.9 Ondiflo
- 10.9.1 Company Overview
- 10.9.2 Role of Ondiflo in Blockchain in Energy Market
- 10.9.3 SWOT Analysis
- 10.10 ORACLE CORPORATION
- 10.10.1 Company Overview
- 10.10.2 Role of Oracle Corporation in Blockchain in Energy Market
- 10.10.3 Financials
- 10.10.4 Key Insights about the Financial Health of the company
- 10.10.5 SWOT ANALYSIS
- 10.11 Power Ledger
- 10.11.1 Company Overview
- 10.11.2 Role of Power Ledger in Blockchain in Energy Market
- 10.11.3 SWOT Analysis
- 10.12 SP GROUP
- 10.12.1 Company Overview
- 10.12.2 Role of SP Group in Blockchain in Energy Market
- 10.12.3 Financials
- 10.12.4 SWOT ANALYSIS
- 10.13 TenneT Holding B.V.
- 10.13.1 Company Overview
- 10.13.2 Role of TenneT Holdings B.V. in Blockchain in Energy Market
- 10.13.3 Financials
- 10.13.4 SWOT Analysis
- 10.14 TOKYO ELECTRIC POWER COMPANY HOLDINGS
- 10.14.1 Company Overview
- 10.14.2 Role of Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings in Blockchain in Energy Market
- 10.14.3 Financials
- 10.14.4 Key Insights about the Financial Health of the company
- 10.14.5 SWOT ANALYSIS
- 10.15 VAKT Global Ltd.
- 10.15.1 Company Overview
- 10.15.2 Role of VAKT Global Ltd. In Blockchain in Energy Market
- 10.15.3 SWOT Analysis
11 Report Scope and Methodology
- 11.1 Report Scope
- 11.2 Blockchain in Energy Market Research Methodology
- 11.2.1 Assumptions
- 11.2.2 Limitations
- 11.2.3 Primary Data Sources
- 11.2.4 Secondary Data Sources
- 11.2.5 Data Triangulation
- 11.2.6 Market Estimation and Forecast