Product Code: AD080A
"Global Software-Defined Radio (SDR) Market to Grow at a CAGR of 7.19% , in Value, from 2019 to 2024."
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- What are the major driving forces that are expected to increase the demand for the global software-defined radio market during the forecast period, 2019-2024?
- What are the major challenges expected to inhibit the growth of the global software-defined radio market during the forecast period 2019-2024?
- Which are the key players in the global software-defined radio market, and what is their competitive benchmarking?
- What was the revenue generated by the global software-defined radio market by segment (application, platform, frequency band, component, and region) in 2018, and what will be the estimates by 2024?
- What are the major trends in the global software-defined radio market across different regions?
- What kind of major growth opportunities do the software-defined radio manufacturers foresee?
Software-Defined Radio Market Forecast, 2019-2024
The Software-Defined Radio Industry Analysis by BIS Research projects the market to grow at a significant CAGR of 7.19% during the forecast period from 2019 to 2024. The North America region dominated the global software-defined radio market in 2018, whereas Asia-Pacific is expected to have the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
The global software-defined radio market has gained widespread importance in military operations due to increasing political conflicts, migrations issues, and extensive upgradation defense programs. Growing market for space-based software-defined radio and increasing demand for AI in software-defined radio for military operations are likely to increase opportunities for software-defined radio. However, difficulties in maintenance of software-defined radio and subsystems and interoperability issues are expected to hamper the overall growth of the software-defined radio market.
"Asia-Pacific (APAC) software-defined radio market is expected to witness the fastest growth throughout the forecast period. The increase in the demand for software-defined radio in Asia-Pacific is due to the rising border tensions between the neighboring countries, increase in defense spending, and rise in the terrorist movements. According to the analysis, China, Japan, South Korea, and India are majorly contributing to the growth of the market in the Asia-Pacific region. Europe and Asia-Pacific are the prominent regions for the development of software-defined radio market. Moreover, owing to a smaller number of manufacturing companies in the Asia-Pacific region, there is a vast scope of opportunities for both new and already established market players."
"The U.K., France, Germany, Russia, and Italy are some of the prominent countries for the European software-defined radio market. The European market is likely to foresee growth opportunities during the forecast period. The high demand for software-defined radios is owing to the developments in the artificial intelligence for military operations to develop cognitive radios. In Middle East, Israel is a prominent country involved in the development of advanced software-defined radio."
Scope of the Global Software-Defined Radio Market
The software-defined radio market research provides a detailed perspective regarding the applications of the technology, its value, and estimation, among others. The purpose of this market analysis is to examine the software-defined radio outlook in terms of factors driving the market, trends, technological developments, and funding scenario, among others.
The report further takes into consideration the market dynamics and the competitive landscape along with the detailed financial and product contribution of the key players operating in the market. The software-defined radio market report is a compilation of different segments including market breakdown by platform, frequency band, component, application, and region.
The software-defined radio market (on the basis of component) is further segmented into transmitter, receiver, software, and auxiliary systems. The transmitter component dominated the global software-defined radio market in 2018 and is anticipated to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period (2019-2024).
The software-defined radio market segmentation on the basis of platforms has been done into land, airborne, naval, and space. The land segment dominated the global software-defined radio market in 2018 and is anticipated to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period.
The software-defined radio market on the basis of application is segmented into defense and space and commercial. The defense and space segment dominated the global software-defined radio market in 2018 and is anticipated to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period.
The software-defined radio market segmentation by region is segregated into four major regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest-of-the-World. Data for each of these regions is provided by platform, by application, by frequency band, by component, and by country.
Key Companies in the Software-Defined Radio Market
The key market players in the global software-defined radio market include Aselsan Corporation, BAE Systems, Elbit Systems, General Dynamics, Harris Corporation, Huawei Technologies, Leonardo S.p.A., National Instruments Corporation, Raytheon Company, Collins Aerospace, Rhode & Schwarz, Thales Group, Viasat Inc., and ZTE Corporation.
Table of Contents
1. Market Dynamics
- 1.1. Market Drivers
- 1.1.1. Growing Technological Evolutions in Software-Defined Radio
- 1.1.2. Improving Tactical Communication System for the Military
- 1.2. Market Challenge
- 1.2.1. Security Issues in Communication Channels
- 1.2.2. Interoperability and Assembly Issues
- 1.3. Market Opportunity
- 1.3.1. Upgradable and Reconfigurable Software for the SDR
- 1.3.2. Increase in Demand of SDR in Homeland Security and Commercial Applications
2. Competitive Insights
- 2.1. Key Strategies and Developments
- 2.1.1. Partnerships, Agreements, and Contracts
- 2.1.2. Mergers and Acquisitions
- 2.1.3. Product Launches
- 2.1.4. Other Developments
- 2.2. Competitive Benchmarking
3. Industry Analysis
- 3.1. Industry Overview
- 3.2. Integration of COTS Software Defined Radio for 5G Wireless Technology
- 3.3. Artificial Intelligence in Software-Defined Radio
- 3.3.1. Adaptive Radio
- 3.3.2. Cognitive Radio
- 3.3.3. Intelligent Radio
- 3.4. The U.S. Defense Initiatives in SDR
- 3.5. Technical Specification of Commercial Software-Defined Radio
- 3.6. Architecture of Software-Defined Radio
- 3.7. Leading Companies Products, Platform, and Frequency Band Assortment
- 3.8. Value Chain Analysis
- 3.9. Industry Attractiveness: Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 3.9.1. Threat of New Entrants
- 3.9.2. Threat of Substitutes
- 3.9.3. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 3.9.4. Bargaining power of buyers
- 3.9.5. Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4. Global Software-Defined Radio Market, 2019-2024
- 4.1. Assumptions and Limitations
- 4.2. Market Overview (Value and Volume)
5. Global Software-Defined Radio (SDR) Market (by Platform), 2019-2024
- 5.1. Market Overview
- 5.2. Land Platform
- 5.2.1. Fixed Land Platform
- 5.2.2. Mobile Land Platform
- 188.8.131.52. Handheld
- 184.108.40.206. Manpack
- 220.127.116.11. Vehicle
- 5.3. Airborne Platform
- 5.4. Naval Platform
- 5.5. Space Platform
6. Global Software-Defined Radio (SDR) Market (by Frequency Band), 2019-2024
- 6.1. Market Overview
- 6.2. High Frequency
- 6.3. Very High Frequency
- 6.4. Ultra High Frequency
- 6.5. Super High Frequency
- 6.6. Others
7. Global Software-Defined Radio (SDR) Market (by Component), 2019-2024
- 7.1. Transmitter and Receiver
- 7.1.1. Antenna
- 7.1.2. Digital Signal Processor (DSP)
- 7.2. Software
- 7.3. Auxiliary Systems
8. Global Software-Defined Radio (SDR) Market (by Application), 2019-2024
- 8.1. Market Overview
- 8.2. Defense and Space
- 8.2.1. Military Communication
- 18.104.22.168. Software-Defined Radio Connects Military UGVs for Advanced Communication
- 8.2.2. Federal Agencies & Homeland Security Communication
- 8.2.3. Space Communication
- 8.3. Commercial
- 8.3.1. Telecommunications
- 22.214.171.124. 5G and IOT Connectivity to Embrace Cognitive Radio (CR) Market
- 8.3.2. Air Traffic Control Communication
- 8.3.3. Vehicular Networking
- 126.96.36.199. Connected Cars is Forefront in the Software-Defined Radio Market
9. Global Software-Defined Radio (SDR) Market (by Region), 2019-2024
- 9.1. Market Overview
- 9.2. North America
- 9.2.1. North America SDR Market (by Application)
- 9.2.2. North America SDR Market (by Country)
- 188.8.131.52. The U.S.
- 184.108.40.206. Canada
- 9.3. Europe
- 9.3.1. Europe SDR Market (by Application)
- 9.3.2. Europe SDR Market (by Country)
- 220.127.116.11. The U.K.
- 18.104.22.168. France
- 22.214.171.124. Germany
- 126.96.36.199. Russia
- 188.8.131.52. Italy
- 184.108.40.206. Rest-of-Europe
- 9.4. Asia-Pacific
- 9.4.1. Asia-Pacific SDR Market (by Application)
- 9.4.2. Asia-Pacific SDR Market (by Country)
- 220.127.116.11. China
- 18.104.22.168. India
- 22.214.171.124. Japan
- 126.96.36.199. South Korea
- 188.8.131.52. Rest-of-Asia-Pacific
- 9.5. Rest-of-the-World
- 9.5.1. Rest-of-the-World SDR Market (by Application)
- 9.5.2. Rest-of-the-World SDR Market (by Region)
- 184.108.40.206. Latin America
- 220.127.116.11. Middle East and Africa
10. Company Profiles
- 10.1. ASELSAN A.S.
- 10.1.1. Company Overview
- 10.1.2. Role of ASELSAN A.S. in Global Software-Defined Radio Market
- 10.1.3. Financials
- 10.1.4. SWOT Analysis
- 10.2. BAE Systems
- 10.2.1. Company Overview
- 10.2.2. Role of BAE Systems in Global Software-Defined Radio Market
- 10.2.3. Financials
- 10.2.4. SWOT Analysis
- 10.3. Collins Aerospace
- 10.3.1. Company Overview
- 10.3.2. Role of Collins Aerospace in Global Software-Defined Radio Market
- 10.3.3. SWOT Analysis
- 10.4. Elbit Systems
- 10.4.1. Company Overview
- 10.4.2. Role of Elbit Systems in Global Software-Defined Radio Market
- 10.4.3. Financials
- 10.4.4. SWOT Analysis
- 10.5. General Dynamics
- 10.5.1. Company Overview
- 10.5.2. Role of General Dynamics in Global Software-Defined Radio Market
- 10.5.3. Financials
- 10.5.4. SWOT Analysis
- 10.6. Harris Corporation
- 10.6.1. Company Overview
- 10.6.2. Role of Harris Corporation in Global Software-Defined Radio Market
- 10.6.3. Overall Financials
- 10.6.4. SWOT Analysis
- 10.7. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- 10.7.1. Company Overview
- 10.7.2. Role of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd in Global Software-Defined Radio Market
- 10.7.3. SWOT Analysis
- 10.8. Leonardo S.p.A.
- 10.8.1. Company Overview
- 10.8.2. Role of Leonardo S.p.A. in Global Software-Defined Radio Market
- 10.8.3. Financials
- 10.8.4. SWOT Analysis
- 10.9. National Instruments
- 10.9.1. Company Overview
- 10.9.2. Role of National Instruments in Global Software-Defined Radio Market
- 10.9.3. Financials
- 10.9.4. SWOT Analysis
- 10.10. Northrop Grumman Corporation
- 10.10.1. Company Overview
- 10.10.2. Role of Northrop Grumman Corporation in Global Software-Defined Radio Market
- 10.10.3. Financials
- 10.10.4. SWOT Analysis
- 10.11. Raytheon Company
- 10.11.1. Company Overview
- 10.11.2. Role of Raytheon Company in Global Software-Defined Radio Market
- 10.11.3. Financials
- 10.11.4. SWOT Analysis
- 10.12. Rohde & Schwarz
- 10.12.1. Company Overview
- 10.12.2. Role of ROHDE & SCHWARZ in Global Software-defined Radio Market
- 10.12.3. SWOT Analysis
- 10.13. Thales Group
- 10.13.1. Company Overview
- 10.13.2. Role of Thales Group in Global Software-Defined Radio Market
- 10.13.3. Financials
- 10.13.4. SWOT Analysis
- 10.14. Viasat, Inc.
- 10.14.1. Company Overview
- 10.14.2. Role of Viasat, Inc. in Global Software-Defined Radio Market
- 10.14.3. Financials
- 10.14.4. SWOT Analysis
- 10.15. ZTE Corporation
- 10.15.1. Company Overview
- 10.15.2. Role of ZTE Corporation in Global Software-Defined Radio Market
- 10.15.3. Financials
- 10.15.4. SWOT Analysis
- 10.16. Other Key Players.
- 10.16.1. Analog Devices Inc.
- 10.16.2. DataSoft Corporation
- 10.16.3. ITT Inc. Corporation
- 10.16.4. L3 TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
- 10.16.5. Texas Instruments Incorporated.
11. Research Scope and BIS Methodology
- 11.1. Scope of the Report
- 11.2. Global Software-Defined Radio Market Research Methodology