Product Code: SE035A
"Global Internet of Energy Market to Grow at a CAGR of 21.05% from 2019-2024."
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- What is the global Internet of Energy market size in terms of revenue from 2018-2024, and what is the expected growth rate during the forecast period 2019-2024?
- What is the revenue generated by Internet of Energy solutions in both the power and oil & gas industry?
- What is the revenue generated by Internet of Energy solutions in different power industry streams such as generation, transmission, and distribution?
- What is the revenue generated by Internet of Energy solutions in different oil & gas industry streams such as upstream, midstream, and downstream?
- What is the revenue generated by Internet of Energy solutions in different applications of power and oil & gas industry?
- What is the market size and opportunities of Internet of Energy across different regions?
- What are the major driving forces that are expected to increase the demand for the global Internet of Energy market during the forecast period?
- What are the key trends and opportunities in the market pertaining to Internet of Energy?
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global Internet of Energy market?
- Which are the major stakeholders in terms of their contribution and impact in the Internet of Energy ecosystem?
- What kind of new strategies are adopted by the existing market players to expand their market position in the industry?
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the Internet of Energy market on the basis of analysis of their recent developments, product offerings, and regional presence?
- What is the regulatory landscape in different regions for Internet of Energy?
Global Internet of Energy Market Forecast, 2019-2024
The Global Internet of Energy Industry Analysis by BIS Research projects the market to grow at a significant CAGR of 21.05% during the forecast period from 2019 to 2024. The market growth is expected to be driven by the rising concern for energy efficiency, growing market penetration of decentralized power generation, as well as the need to prevent cyber-attacks.
The increasing demand for energy efficiency across the globe has propelled the need for Internet of Energy. Moreover, there is an increased concern for decentralized power generators in the electricity distribution supply chain to reduce the electricity demand. The growth of the market is likely to be encouraged by increasing cyber-attacks on the communication infrastructure, leading to the loss of energy.
"Energy management, asset and equipment monitoring, and field surveillance are the major applications of IoE in the power industry. In 2018, the energy management application accounted for more than 40% of the total Internet of Energy in power market. During the forecast period, asset and equipment monitoring application is expected to display the highest growth of 25.01% owing to the increasing concerns over cyber-attacks on the electrical equipment across the supply chain."
Scope of the Global Internet of Energy Market
The Internet of Energy market research provides a detailed perspective regarding the applications, its value and estimation, among others. The purpose of this market analysis is to examine the Internet of Energy market in terms of factors driving the market, trends, technological developments, and funding scenario, among others.
The report further takes into consideration the market dynamics and the competitive landscape along with the detailed financial and product contribution of the key players operating in the market. The Internet of Energy market report is a compilation of different segments including market breakdown by application, industry stream, and region.
The Internet of Energy is based on various application catered to the oil and gas and power industry. The oil and gas industry applications include fleet and asset management, preventive maintenance, pipeline monitoring, and security management. Similarly, the power industry applications include energy management, asset and equipment monitoring, and field surveillance. Fleet and asset management in the oil and gas industry and energy management in the power industry accounted for the largest share in the market as a result of the increasing demand for asset security and continuous power supply, worldwide. During the forecast period, preventive maintenance in the oil and gas industry is expected to display the highest growth, owing to the increasing demand for operational efficiency to fulfill the energy requirement.
The emerging trends of the Internet of Energy market vary across different regions. In 2018, North America was at the forefront of the market, with huge market concentration in the U.S. During the forecast period, Asia-Pacific region is expected to flourish as one of the most lucrative markets for Internet of Energy. Rising demand for decentralized power generation drive the growth of Internet of Energy market. Regions such as South America and Middle East are also expected to exhibit significant growth opportunities for Internet of Energy due to the increased optimism in the economic conditions in these countries.
Key Companies in the Internet of Energy Market
The prominent players in the Internet of Energy market include General Electric Company, Siemens AG, Schneider Electric, ABB Ltd, Honeywell International, Rockwell Automation, Ingersoll Rand Plc, Microsoft Corporation, Cisco Systems, IBM Corporation, Intel Corporation, Huawei Technologies, and HCL Technologies, and Telit Communications PLC.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Overview: Internet of Energy
- 1.1. Internet of Energy Solutions
- 1.1.1. Sensing Systems
- 1.1.2. Communication
- 1.1.3. Cloud and Edge Computing
- 1.1.4. Data Management
- 1.2. Use Cases of Internet of Energy
- 1.2.1. Energy Monitor and Control Mechanism
- 1.2.2. Process Automation
- 1.2.3. Energy Efficiency Mechanism
- 1.2.4. Asset Remote Control
2. Market Dynamics
- 2.1. Market Drivers
- 2.1.1. Demand for Operational Efficiency to Fulfil Energy Requirement
- 2.1.2. Rising Cyber Attacks
- 2.1.3. Increasing Demand for Decentralized Power Generation
- 2.2. Market Restraints
- 2.2.1. Lack of Communication Infrastructure
- 2.2.2. Privacy and Security Risk
- 2.3. Market Opportunities
- 2.3.1. Introduction of Next Generation Sensors in the Energy Sector
- 2.3.2. Growth Opportunities in IoT Analytics Market
- 2.3.3. Increasing Necessity for Smart Grids
3. Competitive Landscape
- 3.1. Key Market Developments and Strategies
- 3.1.1. Partnerships, Collaborations, and Joint Ventures
- 3.1.2. New Product Launches and Developments
- 3.1.3. Mergers and Acquisitions
- 3.1.4. Business Expansions and Contracts
- 3.1.5. Others (Awards and Recognitions)
- 3.2. Market Share Analysis
- 3.2.1. Market Share Analysis of IT Solution Providers in the Internet of Energy
- 3.2.2. Player Share Analysis: Energy Management and Automation Companies in Internet of Energy Market
4. Industry Analysis
- 4.1. Emerging Trends in the Internet of Energy Market
- 4.1.1. Growing Role of Big Data Analytics in Power Industry
- 4.1.2. Advent of Artificial Intelligence in the Energy Sector
- 4.1.3. Securing the Energy Value Chain with Blockchain Technology
- 4.1.4. Market Consolidation
- 4.2. Stakeholder Analysis
- 4.2.1. Power Utilities
- 4.2.2. Oil & Gas Companies
- 4.2.3. IT Solution Providers
- 4.2.4. Energy Management and Automation Companies
- 4.2.5. End Users (Industrial, Commercial, and Residential)
- 4.3. Investment and Funding Landscape
- 4.4. Regulatory Bodies/Acts
- 4.5. Associations/Consortiums/Alliances
- 4.6. Privacy Laws Across Different Countries
5. Global Internet of Energy Market (by Industry Stream)
- 5.1. Assumptions and Limitations for Analysis and Forecast of the Global Internet of Energy Market
- 5.2. Oil & Gas: Market Overview
- 5.2.1. Upstream
- 5.2.2. Midstream
- 5.2.3. Downstream
- 5.3. Power: Market Overview
- 5.3.1. Generation
- 5.3.2. Transmission
- 5.3.3. Distribution
6. Global Internet of Energy Market (by Application)
- 6.1. Oil & Gas Industry: Market Overview
- 6.1.1. Fleet and Asset Management
- 6.1.2. Preventive Maintenance
- 6.1.3. Pipeline Monitoring
- 6.1.4. Security Management
- 6.2. Power Industry: Market Overview
- 6.2.1. Energy Management
- 6.2.2. Asset and Equipment Monitoring
- 6.2.3. Field Surveillance
- 6.2.4. Others
7. Global Internet of Energy Market (by Region)
- 7.1. North America
- 7.1.1. North America (by Industry)
- 7.1.2. North America (by Country)
- 184.108.40.206. U.S.
- 220.127.116.11. Canada
- 18.104.22.168. Mexico
- 7.2. Europe
- 7.2.1. Europe (by Industry)
- 7.2.2. Europe (by Country)
- 22.214.171.124. France
- 126.96.36.199. Germany
- 188.8.131.52. Norway
- 184.108.40.206. U.K.
- 220.127.116.11. Netherlands
- 18.104.22.168. Italy
- 22.214.171.124. Rest-of-Europe
- 7.3. Asia-Pacific
- 7.3.1. Asia-Pacific (by Industry)
- 7.3.2. Asia-Pacific (by Country)
- 126.96.36.199. China
- 188.8.131.52. Japan
- 184.108.40.206. South Korea
- 220.127.116.11. India
- 18.104.22.168. Australia
- 22.214.171.124. Rest-of-Asia-Pacific
- 7.4. Rest-of-the-World (RoW)
- 7.4.1. RoW (by Industry)
- 7.4.2. RoW (by Country)
- 126.96.36.199. Saudi Arabia
- 188.8.131.52. United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- 184.108.40.206. Brazil
- 220.127.116.11. Rest-of-RoW
8. Company Profiles
- 8.1. CISCO Systems Inc.
- 8.1.1. Company Overview
- 8.1.2. Role of Cisco Systems Inc. in Internet of Energy Market
- 8.1.3. Financials
- 8.1.4. SWOT Analysis
- 8.2. C3 IoT, Inc.
- 8.2.1. Company Overview
- 8.2.2. Role of C3 IoT, Inc. in Internet of Energy Market
- 8.2.3. SWOT ANALYSIS
- 8.3. HCL Technologies Ltd.
- 8.3.1. Company Overview
- 8.3.2. Role of HCL Technologies Ltd. In Internet of Energy Market
- 8.3.3. Financials
- 8.3.4. SWOT ANALYSIS
- 8.4. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- 8.4.1. Company Overview
- 8.4.2. Role of Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. In Internet of Energy Market
- 8.4.3. Financials
- 8.4.4. SWOT ANALYSIS
- 8.5. International Business Machines Corporation (IBM)
- 8.5.1. Company Overview
- 8.5.2. Role of IBM Corporation in Internet of Energy Market
- 8.5.3. Financials
- 8.5.4. Key Insights About the Financial Health of the Company
- 8.5.5. SWOT ANALYSIS
- 8.6. Intel Corporation
- 8.6.1. Company Overview
- 8.6.2. Role of Intel Corporation in Internet of Energy Market
- 8.6.3. Product Portfolio
- 8.6.4. Financials
- 8.6.5. Key Insights About the Financial Health of the Company
- 8.6.6. SWOT ANALYSIS
- 8.7. Kellton Tech Solutions Ltd.
- 8.7.1. Company Overview
- 8.7.2. Role of Kellton Tech Solutions Ltd. In Internet of Energy Market
- 8.7.3. Financials
- 8.7.4. SWOT ANALYSIS
- 8.8. Microsoft Corporation
- 8.8.1. Company Overview
- 8.8.2. Role of Microsoft Corporation in Internet of Energy Market
- 8.8.3. Product Portfolio
- 8.8.4. Financials
- 8.8.5. Key Insights About the Financial Health of the Company
- 8.8.6. SWOT ANALYSIS
- 8.9. Telit Communications PLC
- 8.9.1. Company Overview
- 8.9.2. Role of Telit Communications PLC in Internet of Energy Market
- 8.9.3. Product Portfolio
- 8.9.4. Financials
- 8.9.5. Key Insights About the Financial Health of the Company
- 8.9.6. SWOT ANALYSIS
- 8.10. ABB Ltd.
- 8.10.1. Company Overview
- 8.10.2. Role of ABB Ltd. In Internet of Energy Market
- 8.10.3. Financials
- 8.10.4. SWOT ANALYSIS
- 8.11. General Electric
- 8.11.1. Company Overview
- 8.11.2. Role of General Electric in Internet of Energy Market
- 8.11.3. Financials
- 8.11.4. Key Insights About the Financial Health of the Company
- 8.11.5. SWOT ANALYSIS
- 8.12. Honeywell International Inc.
- 8.12.1. Company Overview
- 8.12.2. Role of Honeywell International Inc. in Internet of Energy Market
- 8.12.3. Financials
- 8.12.4. Key Insights about the Financial Health of the company
- 8.12.5. SWOT ANALYSIS
- 8.13. Ingersoll Rand Plc
- 8.13.1. Company Overview
- 8.13.2. Role of Ingersoll Rand Plc in the Internet of Energy Market
- 8.13.3. Financials
- 8.13.4. Key Insights About the Financial Health of the Company
- 8.13.5. SWOT ANALYSIS
- 8.14. Rockwell Automation Inc.
- 8.14.1. Company Overview
- 8.14.2. Role of Rockwell Automation Inc. in Internet of Energy Market
- 8.14.3. Financials
- 8.14.4. Key Insights About the Financial Health of the Company
- 8.14.5. SWOT ANALYSIS
- 8.15. Siemens AG
- 8.15.1. Company Overview
- 8.15.2. Role of Siemens AG in Internet of Energy Market
- 8.15.3. Financials
- 8.15.4. SWOT ANALYSIS
- 8.16. Schneider Electric
- 8.16.1. Company Overview
- 8.16.2. Role of Schneider Electric in Internet of Energy Market
- 8.16.3. Financials
- 8.16.4. SWOT Analysis
- 8.17. Equinor ASA
- 8.17.1. Company Overview
- 8.17.2. Role of Equinor ASA in Internet of Energy Market
- 8.17.3. Product Portfolio
- 8.17.4. Financials
- 8.17.5. Key Insights About the Financial Health of the Company
- 8.17.6. SWOT ANALYSIS
- 8.18. Royal Dutch Shell PLC
- 8.18.1. Company Overview
- 8.18.2. Role of Royal Dutch Shell PLC in Internet of Energy Market
- 8.18.3. Product Portfolio
- 8.18.4. Financials
- 8.18.5. Key Insights About the Financial Health of the Company
- 8.18.6. SWOT ANALYSIS
- 8.19. Schlumberger Limited
- 8.19.1. Company Overview
- 8.19.2. Role of Schlumberger Limited in Internet of Energy Market
- 8.19.3. Product Portfolio
- 8.19.4. Financials
- 8.19.5. SWOT ANALYSIS
- 8.20. Actility S.A.
- 8.20.1. Company Overview
- 8.20.2. Role of Actility S.A. in Internet of Energy Market
- 8.20.3. SWOT ANALYSIS
- 8.21. Enel X North America, Inc.
- 8.21.1. Company Overview
- 8.21.2. Role of Enel X North America, Inc. in Internet of Energy Market
- 8.21.3. SWOT Analysis
9. Report Scope and Methodology
- 9.1. Report Scope
- 9.2. Internet of Energy Market Research Methodology
- 9.2.1. Assumptions
- 9.2.2. Limitations
- 9.2.3. Primary Data Sources
- 9.2.4. Secondary Data Sources
- 9.2.5. Data Triangulation
- 9.2.6. Market Estimation and Forecast