Product Code: BH151A
Global Molecular Imaging Market to Reach $11.13 Billion by 2028, Reports BIS Research
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- What is the total market size at present and forecast for global molecular imaging market by 2028?
- What are the current key trends witnessed by the global molecular imaging market?
- What are the key market dynamics i.e. drivers, restraints, and opportunities for molecular imaging market?
- How would artificial intelligence-enabled image analytics result in a dynamic shift in the growth of molecular imaging market during the forecast period?
- What are the key strategies incorporated by the leading players of molecular imaging market?
- What is the market share of key competitors for the product categories?
- What are the regulations influencing molecular imaging market, across regions?
- What is the current total market size and the forecast for different product categories available in molecular imaging market by 2028?
- How would imaging agents evolve to be dominating contributors in the global molecular imaging market revenue and why?
- What is the current total market estimation and forecasts of molecular imaging products across different countries by 2028?
Global Molecular Imaging Market Value and Estimation
As per the global molecular imaging market analysis conducted by BIS Research, the market was valued at approximately $6.84 billion in 2018 and is anticipated to reach $11.13 billion by 2028. Presently, the incidence of chronic disorders such as cardiovascular, oncological, and neurological disorders is rising at alarming rates and is creating an increased economic burden on the healthcare providers and the patients.
To combat the growing incidence and to reduce the costs associated with disease management healthcare providers as well as the researchers are promoting and identifying novel methods for preventive care and early detection. Molecular imaging is one such highly advanced method in the field of medical imaging which allows the functional diagnosis and aids in the characterization of the physiological events at the cellular and molecular level.
Expert Quote on Global Molecular Imaging Market
"North America is currently the leading contributor to the molecular imaging market. The market was valued $3.89 billion in 2018. Factors such as rising demand for minimally invasive surgeries, increasing cases of chronic diseases, approval of novel radiotracers, and the growing awareness regarding molecular imaging are driving the growth of the North American molecular imaging market. However, the Asia-Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR of 6.68% during the forecast period 2019-2028".
Scope of the Market Intelligence on Global Molecular Imaging Market
The purpose of the study is to gain a holistic view of the molecular imaging market in terms of various factors influencing it such as recent trends and technological advancements of the market. The scope of this report is centered upon conducting a detailed study of the products allied with the molecular imaging market, which include imaging systems, imaging agents, and imaging software.
The report presents the reader with an opportunity to unlock comprehensive insights with respect to the market and helps in forming well-informed strategic decisions. The research uncovers some of the substantial parameters that must be taken into consideration before entering the market.
The global molecular imaging market is segmented into four different parts: by product, by application, by end user, and by region. The global market value was estimated using these three different approaches and was validated with one another. These segments are further segmented into several sub-segments to ease the market estimation.
With the increasing incidence of chronic disorders, increased digital platform penetration, and the increased utilization of molecular imaging in disciplines such as precision medicine the molecular imaging market is expected to witness a gradual growth. Moreover, the ongoing technological advancements have led to the identification of multimodality molecular imaging technology as an innovative approach for the functional as well as anatomical diagnosis.
The use of multimodality imaging techniques including PET-MRI, PET-CT, and SPECT-CT is becoming increasingly prevalent attributed to which the multimodality imaging technology is expected to dominate the market. Moreover, with the advent of novel imaging agents including the multimodality reporter genes is expected to expand the clinical application of techniques such as optical imaging and targeted molecular ultrasound because of which these segments are expected to witness an impressive CAGR during the forecast period.
The global molecular imaging market is segmented by the geographical regions into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. North America is the leading contributor to the global molecular imaging market followed by Europe. However, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to register a highest CAGR during the forecast period.
The global molecular imaging market is dominated by the U.S. and the European players. The U.S.-based companies, Cardinal Health and General Electric Company and the European companies Siemens Healthcare GmbH and Koninklijke Philips N.V. GmbH accounted for more than 70% of the market value in 2018.
Key Players in the Market
The key players who have significant contributions to the global molecular imaging equipment market are Advanced Accelerator Applications, Bruker Corporation, Canon Inc., Digirad Corporation, ESAOTE SPA, General Electric Company, Hitachi, Ltd., Koninklijke Philips N.V. GmbH, PerkinElmer Inc., Positron Corporation, Siemens Healthcare GmbH, SurgicEye GmbH, and Thermo Fisher Scientific, among others.
Table of Contents
1 Market Overview
- 1.1 Advent and Evolution of Molecular Imaging
- 1.1.1 Advantages of Molecular Imaging
- 1.2 Emerging Trends in Medical Imaging and Impact on Molecular Imaging Market
- 1.3 Awaited Technological Advancements
- 1.4 Global Molecular Imaging Market Scenario
- 1.4.1 Global Molecular Imaging Addressable Market and Future Potential (2018-2029)
- 1.4.2 Assumptions and Limitations
2 Market Dynamics
- 2.1 Overview
- 2.2 Impact Analysis
- 2.3 Market Drivers
- 2.3.1 Rising Incidence of Disorders Inciting the use of Molecular Imaging
- 2.3.2 Utilization of Molecular Imaging to Inform Advances in Precision Medicine
- 2.3.3 Increased Penetration of Digital Platforms
- 2.4 Market Restraints
- 2.4.1 Lack of Specificity for the Diagnosis of Infectious Diseases
- 2.4.2 Stringent Regulatory Requirements
- 2.4.3 Poor Reimbursement Scenario
- 2.5 Market Opportunities
- 2.5.1 Advent of Multimodality Reporter Genes
- 2.5.2 Rise in Strategic Collaborations
- 2.5.3 Significant Technological Advancements in Cardiac Imaging and Oncology
3 Competitive Landscape
- 3.1 Key Strategies and Developments (2016-2019)
- 3.1.1 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Partnerships
- 3.1.2 Mergers and Acquisitions
- 3.1.3 Product Launches and Enhancements
- 3.1.4 Awards, Recognitions, and Others
- 3.1.5 Product Approvals
- 3.1.6 Business Expansion Activities
- 3.2 Market Share Analysis
- 3.2.1 Global Molecular Imaging Systems Market Share Analysis
- 3.2.2 Global Molecular Imaging Agents Market Share Analysis
- 3.2.3 Global Molecular Imaging Software Market Share Analysis
4 Industry Insights
- 4.1 Legal Requirements and Regulations
- 4.1.1 Regulations in the U.S.
- 4.1.2 Regulations in Europe
- 4.1.3 Regulations in Other Countries
- 4.1.4 Consortiums, Associations, and Regulatory Bodies
- 4.2 Physicians' Perception
5 Global Molecular Imaging Market (by Product)
- 5.1 Overview
- 5.2 Imaging Systems
- 5.2.1 Multimodality Imaging
- 5.2.2 Radionuclide Imaging
- 18.104.22.168 Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
- 22.214.171.124 Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT)
- 5.2.3 Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (MRS)
- 5.2.4 Ultrasound Molecular Imaging
- 5.2.5 Optical Imaging
- 126.96.36.199 Fluorescence Imaging
- 188.8.131.52 Bioluminescence Imaging (BLI)
- 5.3 Imaging Agents
- 5.3.1 Small Molecules
- 5.3.2 Peptides
- 5.3.3 Antibodies
- 5.3.4 Aptamers
- 5.4 Imaging Software
6 Global Molecular Imaging Market (by Application)
- 6.1 Overview
- 6.2 Clinical Applications
- 6.2.1 Oncology
- 6.2.2 Cardiology
- 6.2.3 Neurology
- 6.2.4 Gastroenterology
- 6.2.5 Other Applications
- 6.3 Preclinical Research
7 Global Molecular Imaging Market (by End User)
- 7.1 Overview
- 7.2 Hospitals
- 7.3 Specialty Clinics
- 7.4 Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- 7.5 Others
8 Global Molecular Imaging Market (by Region)
- 8.1 Overview
- 8.2 North America
- 8.3 Europe
- 8.3.1 Germany
- 8.3.2 U.K.
- 8.3.3 France
- 8.3.4 Italy
- 8.3.5 Spain
- 8.3.6 Netherlands
- 8.3.7 Switzerland
- 8.3.8 Rest-of-Europe
- 8.4 Asia-Pacific
- 8.4.1 China
- 8.4.2 Japan
- 8.4.3 India
- 8.4.4 Australia
- 8.4.5 South Korea
- 8.4.6 Rest-of-Asia-Pacific
- 8.5 Latin America
- 8.5.1 Brazil
- 8.5.2 Mexico
- 8.5.3 Argentina
- 8.5.4 Rest-of-Latin America
- 8.6 Middle East and Africa
- 8.6.1 Saudi Arabia
- 8.6.2 Israel
- 8.6.3 U.A.E
- 8.6.4 Rest-of-Middle East and Africa
9 Company profile
- 9.1 Advanced Accelerator Applications
- 9.1.1 Company Overview
- 9.1.2 Role of Advanced Accelerator Applications in the Global Molecular Imaging Market
- 9.1.3 SWOT Analysis: Advanced Accelerator Applications
- 9.2 Bruker Corporation
- 9.2.1 Company Overview
- 9.2.2 Role of Bruker Corporation in the Global Molecular Imaging Market
- 9.2.3 Financials
- 184.108.40.206 Key Insights on the Financial Health of the Company
- 9.2.4 SWOT Analysis: Bruker Corporation
- 9.3 Canon Inc.
- 9.3.1 Company Overview
- 9.3.2 Role of Canon Inc. in the Global Molecular Imaging Market
- 9.3.3 Financials
- 220.127.116.11 Key Insights on the Financial Health of the Company
- 9.3.4 SWOT Analysis: Canon Inc.
- 9.4 Cardinal Health
- 9.4.1 Company Overview
- 9.4.2 Role of Cardinal Health in the Global Molecular Imaging Market
- 9.4.3 Financials
- 9.4.4 SWOT Analysis: Cardinal Health
- 9.5 DDD-Diagnostic A/S
- 9.5.1 Company Overview
- 9.5.2 Role of DDD-Diagnostic A/S in the Global Molecular Imaging Market
- 9.5.3 SWOT Analysis: DDD-Diagnostic A/S
- 9.6 Digirad Corporation
- 9.6.1 Company Overview
- 9.6.2 Role of Digirad Corporation in the Global Molecular Imaging Market
- 9.6.3 Financials
- 18.104.22.168 Key Insights on the Financial Health of the Company
- 9.6.4 SWOT Analysis: Digirad Corporation
- 9.7 ESAOTE SPA
- 9.7.1 Company Overview
- 9.7.2 Role of ESAOTE SPA in the Global Molecular Imaging Market
- 9.7.3 SWOT Analysis: ESAOTE SPA
- 9.8 General Electric Company
- 9.8.1 Company Overview
- 9.8.2 Role of General Electric Company in the Global Molecular Imaging Market
- 9.8.3 Financials
- 22.214.171.124 Key Insights on the Financial Health of the Company
- 9.8.4 SWOT Analysis: General Electric Company
- 9.9 Hitachi, Ltd.
- 9.9.1 Company Overview
- 9.9.2 Role of Hitachi, Ltd. In the Global Molecular Imaging Market
- 9.9.3 Financials
- 126.96.36.199 Key Insights on the Financial Health of the Company
- 9.9.4 SWOT Analysis: Hitachi, Ltd.
- 9.10 Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- 9.10.1 Company Overview
- 9.10.2 Role of Koninklijke Philips N.V. In the Global Molecular Imaging Market
- 9.10.3 Financials
- 188.8.131.52 Key Insights on the Financial Health of the Company
- 9.10.4 SWOT Analysis: Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- 9.11 PerkinElmer Inc.
- 9.11.1 Company Overview
- 9.11.2 Role of PerkinElmer Inc. in the Global Molecular Imaging Market
- 9.11.3 Financials
- 184.108.40.206 Key Insights on the Financial Health of the Company
- 9.11.4 SWOT Analysis: PerkinElmer Inc.
- 9.12 Positron Corporation
- 9.12.1 Company Overview
- 9.12.2 Role of Positron Corporation in the Global Molecular Imaging Market
- 9.12.3 SWOT Analysis: Positron Corporation
- 9.13 Siemens Healthineers AG
- 9.13.1 Company Overview
- 9.13.2 Role of Siemens Healthineers AG in the Global Molecular Imaging Market
- 9.13.3 Financials
- 220.127.116.11 Key Insights on the Financial Health of the Company
- 9.13.4 SWOT Analysis: Siemens Healthineers AG
- 9.14 SurgicEye GmbH
- 9.14.1 Company Overview
- 9.14.2 Role of SurgicEye GmbH in the Global Molecular Imaging Market
- 9.14.3 SWOT Analysis: SurgicEye GmbH
- 9.15 Thermo Fisher Scientific
- 9.15.1 Company Overview
- 9.15.2 Role of Thermo Fisher Scientific in the Global Molecular Imaging Market
- 9.15.3 Financials
- 18.104.22.168 Key Insights on the Financial Health of the Company
- 9.15.4 SWOT Analysis: Thermo Fisher Scientific
10 Research Scope and Methodology
- 10.1 Product Definition
- 10.2 Scope of Research Study
- 10.3 Global Molecular Imaging Market: Research Methodology