Product Code: AG032A
The 3D food printing market is projected to grow from $XX million in the year 2018 to $525.6 million by 2023, at a CAGR of XX% from 2018 to 2023.
Over the last decade, the global food industry has witnessed a massive transformation, owing to the increasing demand for sustainable food manufacturing systems. Rising global population and high income growth have resulted in increased concerns regarding food security across the globe. Various food processors and technology innovators are developing numerous sustainable food production systems. As compared to the conventional food manufacturing system, 3D printing technology, though at a nascent stage, has the ability to supply food to an ever-increasing global population. With the rapid technological advancements, 3D food printing is expected to present an extensive amount of opportunities to revolutionize the global food industry.
3D printing of food offers a large number of advantages over the traditional food manufacturing systems. Several technological advancements made in the field of 3D food printing has resulted in an increased level of food personalization in terms of flavor, texture, shape, size, and design. Moreover, 3D printed food products have longer shelf life and are easy to transport, thus reducing the overall production cost and increased efficiency. Various high-end restaurants and confectioneries and bakeries are partnering with 3D food printing solution providers to reap the benefits of this technology to augment culinary creativity, nutritional and ingredient customizability, and food sustainability.
The market research study offers a wide perspective of the different types of technologies pertaining to 3D food printing and analyzes its influence on food processing by providing critical insights into the direction of its future expansion. The research is based on extensive primary interviews (in-house experts, industry leaders, and market players), and secondary research (a host of paid and unpaid databases), along with the analytical tools, that have been used to build the forecast and the predictive models. The report is a compilation of various segmentations including market breakdown by technology type, verticals, and food type. Moreover, the report highlights the key driving and restraining forces for this market as well as the market opportunities in different verticals and food types in different regions.
The report answers the following questions about the global 3D food printing market:
- What is the global 3D food printing market size in terms of revenue from 2017 to 2023 along with the growth rate during the forecast period 2018-2023?
- What is the dominant type of technology used in 3D food printers?
- What is the revenue generated by the different verticals such as commercial, residential, government, and hospitals, for the 3D food printing market?
- What is the market size of 3D printing technology for different food types including confections, dough, dairy, fruits and vegetables, meat, and others?
- What is the 3D food printing market size for different regions on the basis of various verticals and food type?
- What are the key trends and opportunities in the market pertaining to countries included in different geographical regions?
- How attractive is the market for different stakeholders present in the industry by analyzing the futuristic scenario of 3D food printing?
- What are the major driving forces that tend to increase the demand for 3D food printing during the forecast period?
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global 3D food printing market?
- What kind of new strategies is being adopted by the existing market players to expand their market position in the industry?
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the 3D food printing market by analyzing their recent developments, product offerings, and regional presence?
The report further includes a thorough analysis of the impact of the five major forces to understand the overall attractiveness of the industry. The report also focuses on the key developments and investments made in the 3D food printing market by the players, research organizations, and governmental bodies.
Further, the report includes an exhaustive analysis of the regional split into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest-of-the-World (RoW). Each region details the individual push and pull forces in addition to the key players from that region. 3D Systems Inc., Katjes Magic Candy Factory, The Hershey Company, byFlow, Print2Taste GmbH, Choc Edge, Systems & Materials Research Corporation, TNO, Natural Machines, Biozoon Food Innovations GmbH, NuFood LLC, Crafty Machines Ltd., Barilla S.p.A, and BeeHex are some of the prominent players in the 3D food printing market.
Table of Contents
1. Market Dynamics
- 1.1. Market Drivers
- 1.1.1. Rising Concerns of Global Food Shortage
- 1.1.2. Growing Popularity of Food Customisation Techniques
- 1.1.3. Increasing Demand for Personalised Nutritional Preferences
- 1.2. Restraints
- 1.2.1. Safety and Labelling Issues
- 1.2.2. High Cost and Lack of Technical Expertise
- 1.3. Market Opportunities
- 1.3.1. Development of New Materials & Technologies for 3D Food Printing
- 1.3.2. Increasing Market Opportunities in the Emerging Countries
- 1.3.3. Advent of IoT Connected 3D Food Printers
2. Competitive Landscape
- 2.1. Key Market Developments & Strategies
- 2.1.1. Partnerships, Collaborations, and Joint Venture
- 2.1.2. Business Expansion and Contracts
- 2.1.3. Product Launches and Technology Developments
- 2.1.4. Others
- 2.2. Market Players Ranking Analysis
3. Industry Analysis
- 3.1. Industry Attractiveness
- 3.1.1. Threat of New Entrants
- 3.1.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 3.1.3. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 3.1.4. Threat from Substitutes
- 3.1.5. Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 3.2. Research Institutes Working on 3D Food Printing Technology
4. Global 3D Food Printing Market by Technology
- 4.1. Assumptions for Analysis and Forecast of the Global 3D Food Printing Market
- 4.2. Limitations for Analysis and Forecast of the Global 3D Food Printing Market
- 4.3. Market Overview
- 4.4. Fused Deposition Manufacturing (FDM)
- 4.5. Selective Sintering
- 4.6. Powder Bed Jetting Binder
- 4.7. Ink-Jet Printing
5. Global 3D Food Printing Market by Vertical
- 5.1. Commercial
- 5.1.1. Bakeries and Confectioneries
- 5.1.2. Restaurants
- 5.1.3. Retail
- 5.2. Government
- 5.3. Hospitals
- 5.4. Residential
6. Global 3D Food Printing Market by Food Type
- 6.1. Confections
- 6.2. Dough
- 6.3. Dairy Products
- 6.4. Fruits and Vegetables
- 6.5. Meat
- 6.6. Others
7. Global 3D Food Printing Market by Region
- 7.1. North America
- 7.1.1. North America 3D Food Printing Market by Vertical
- 7.1.2. North America 3D Food Printing Market by Food Type
- 7.1.3. North America 3D Food Printing Market by Country
- 220.127.116.11. The U.S.
- 18.104.22.168. Canada
- 22.214.171.124. Mexico
- 7.2. Europe
- 7.2.1. Europe 3D Food Printing Market by Vertical
- 7.2.2. Europe 3D Food Printing Market by Food Type
- 7.2.3. Europe 3D Food Printing Market by Country
- 126.96.36.199. Netherlands
- 188.8.131.52. Germany
- 184.108.40.206. The U.K.
- 220.127.116.11. Spain
- 18.104.22.168. Italy
- 22.214.171.124. Rest of the Europe
- 7.3. Asia-Pacific (APAC)
- 7.3.1. Asia-Pacific 3D Food Printing Market, by Vertical
- 7.3.2. Asia-Pacific 3D Food Printing Market by Food Type
- 7.3.3. Asia-Pacific 3D Food Printing Market, by Country
- 126.96.36.199. China
- 188.8.131.52. Japan
- 184.108.40.206. Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- 220.127.116.11. Rest of APAC
- 7.4. Rest of the World (RoW)
- 7.4.1. RoW 3D Food Printing Market by Vertical
- 7.4.2. RoW 3D Food Printing Market by Food Type
- 7.4.3. RoW 3D Food Printing Market, by Country
- 18.104.22.168. U.A.E
- 22.214.171.124. Israel
8. Company Profiles
- 8.1. 3D Systems Corporation
- 8.1.1. Company Overview
- 8.1.2. Product Portfolio
- 8.1.3. Financials
- 126.96.36.199. Financial Summary
- 8.1.4. SWOT Analysis
- 8.2. BeeHex Inc.
- 8.2.1. Company Overview
- 8.2.2. Product Portfolio
- 8.2.3. Corporate Summary
- 8.2.4. SWOT Analysis
- 8.3. Biozoon Food Innovation GmbH
- 8.3.1. Company Overview
- 8.3.2. Product Portfolio
- 8.3.3. Corporate Summary
- 8.3.4. SWOT Analysis
- 8.4. byFlow
- 8.4.1. Company Overview
- 8.4.2. Product Portfolio
- 8.4.3. Corporate Summary
- 8.4.4. SWOT Analysis
- 8.5. Choc Edge Ltd.
- 8.5.1. Company Overview
- 8.5.2. Product Portfolio
- 8.5.3. Corporate Summary
- 8.5.4. SWOT Analysis
- 8.6. Katjes Magic Candy Factory
- 8.6.1. Company Overview
- 8.6.2. Product Portfolio
- 8.6.3. Corporate Summary
- 8.6.4. SWOT Analysis
- 8.7. Natural Machines
- 8.7.1. Company Overview
- 8.7.2. Product Portfolio
- 8.7.3. Corporate Summary
- 8.7.4. SWOT Analysis
- 8.8. Print2Taste GmbH
- 8.8.1. Company Overview
- 8.8.2. Product Portfolio
- 8.8.3. Corporate Summary
- 8.8.4. SWOT Analysis
- 8.9. Systems & Materials Research Corporation
- 8.9.1. Company Overview
- 8.9.2. Product Portfolio
- 8.9.3. Corporate Summary
- 8.9.4. SWOT Analysis
- 8.1. TNO (Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research)
- 8.10.1. Company Overview
- 8.10.2. Product Portfolio
- 8.10.3. Corporate Summary
- 8.10.4. SWOT Analysis
9. Research Scope and Methodology
- 9.1. Report Scope
- 9.2. Global 3D Food Printing Market Research Methodology
- 9.2.1. Assumptions
- 9.2.2. Limitations
- 9.2.3. Primary Data Sources
- 9.2.4. Secondary Data Sources
- 9.2.5. Data Triangulation
- 9.2.6. Market Estimation and Forecast