Product Code: EGY182A
The global flue gas desulfurization market should reach $21.1 billion by 2025 from $15.9 billion in 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7% for the forecast period of 2020 to 2025.
The Asia-Pacific market for flue gas desulfurization is expected to grow from $8.9 billion in 2020 to $11.9 billion in 2025 at a CAGR of 6.0% for the forecast period of 2020 to 2025.
The North American market for flue gas desulfurization market is expected to grow from $2.4 billion in 2020 to $3.3 billion in 2025 at a CAGR of 5.9% for the forecast period of 2020 to 2025.
The report includes details about different types of FGD technologies like dry, semi-dry and wet FGD. It has a detailed analysis on the manufacturers of FGD units, the trends and opportunities prevailing in the market and what will prompt future market growth. Market value estimates are based on multiple factors and analyses of manufacturer revenues. Market dynamics within each industry are identified. Technological advancements and trends are reviewed, and other influential factors such as economic conditions and standards are discussed. Because this is a global study, BCC Research analyzes domestic and international technological issues and economic considerations.
The market segments of the report are focused on technical aspects of FGD installation in different types of projects, including greenfield, brownfield and revamp. The report also provides a policy and regulatory framework for the installation of FGD units by processing industries.
The global market for flue gas desulfurization is also analyzed by global, regional as national statistics. For each segment, the forecast period is 2020 to 2025.
This report also includes an analysis of competitive market factors, and a detailed analysis of key market players is also given.
All currency figures, unless noted, are presented in U.S. dollars. Company revenues are picked from annual reports; for non-U.S. companies, local currencies were converted to U.S. dollars for the applicable or current years.
- 97 data tables and 43 additional tables
- A brief overview of the global markets for the flue gas desulphurization (FGD) technologies
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2019-2020, estimates for 2021 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Estimation of market size and revenue forecasts for FGD systems, and corresponding market share analysis by installation, type, end-user industry and region
- A look at the major factors influencing the progress of the market (drivers, restraints, opportunities and industry-specific challenges) with respect to specific growth trends, upcoming prospects and contributions to the overall market
- Discussion of the market opportunities and technical aspects of the FGD installation, policy and regulatory framework for the installation of the FGD units, competitive scenario of the market and environmental sustainability
- Details of competitive developments such as joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, new product development, expansions, and research and development activities in the global flue gas desulfurization market
- Competitive landscape of major industry participants, their R&D activities and company share analysis
- Profile description of the leading market players, including Andritz AG, Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises Inc., General Electric, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd., Rafako S.A. and Thermax Ltd.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of This Report
- Intended Audience
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market Overview
- Market Potential
- Flue Gas Desulfurization Material
- Market Dynamics
- Market Challenges
- Market Trends
- Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Market for Flue Gas Desulfurization
- Porter's Five Force Analysis
- Bargaining Power of Buyers
- Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- Threat of Substitutes
- Threat of New Entrants
- Threat of Rivalry
Chapter 4 Market Breakdown by Type of Installation
- Brownfield and Revamp FGD Installations
- Greenfield FGD Installations
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Type of Flue Gas Desulfurization
- Global Market for Wet Flue Gas Desulfurization
- Global Market for Dry and Semi-dry Flue Gas Desulfurization
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by End-User Industry
- Power Generation Industry
- Chemical Industry
- Iron and Steel Industry
- Cement Industry
- Other Industries
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by Region
- Asia-Pacific Market for Flue Gas Desulfurization
- South Korea
- European Market for Flue Gas Desulfurization
- United Kingdom
- North American Market for Flue Gas Desulfurization
- United States
- Middle East and African Market for Flue Gas Desulfurization
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- South American Market for Flue Gas Desulfurization
Chapter 8 Competitive Landscape
- List of Market Players
Chapter 9 Company Profiles
- ANDRITZ AG
- BABCOCK & WILCOX ENTERPRISES INC.
- CLYDE BERGEMANN EEC
- DOOSAN LENTJES GMBH
- DUCON TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- GENERAL ELECTRIC
- KAWASAKI HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD.
- MACROTEK INC.
- MARSULEX ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGIES CORP.
- MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD.
- RAFAKO S.A.
- THERMAX LTD.
Chapter 10 Appendix A: Acronyms
Chapter 11 Appendix B: Supplementary Data