Product Code: PHM247A
The global shockwave therapy market should reach $2.6 billion by 2025 from $2.0 billion in 2020 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1% for the forecast period of 2020 to 2025.
The electromagnetic segment of the global shockwave therapy market is expected to grow from $683 million in 2020 to $950.6 million in 2025 at a CAGR of 6.8% for the forecast period of 2020 to 2025.
The radial or ballistic technique segment of the global shockwave therapy market is expected to grow from $574.8 million in 2020 to $781.6 million in 2025 at a CAGR of 6.3% for the forecast period of 2020 to 2025.
The report focuses on newer shockwave devices and innovations in frequency length, as well as devices that have been recently launched or are in development. This report will also highlight the current and future market potentiality of shockwave therapy, with detailed analysis of competitive environment between the companies. Drivers, restraints, opportunities, the impact of COVID-19, other applications of shockwave therapy and a regulatory scenario assessment will be covered in the current report. The report covers a market projection for 2025 and a market share for key players.
The report segments the market for shockwave therapy based on technology, ergonomics, application and geography.
Based on technology, the market is divided into four segments: electromagnetic, electrohydraulic, piezoelectric technique, and radial or ballistic technique.
Based on ergonomics, the market is segmented into fixed and portable.
Based on application type, the market is segmented into orthopedic, urology, aesthetic, erectile dysfunction, cardiology and others.
By geography, the market has been segmented into four regions: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World. Detailed analysis of major countries such as the U.S., Germany, the U.K., Italy, France, Spain, Japan, China, India, Brazil, Mexico, GCC countries and South Africa will be covered in the regional segment. For market estimates, data will be provided for 2019 as the base year, with estimates for 2020 and forecast value for 2025.
- 41 data tables and 15 additional tables
- A brief general outlook of the global market for the shockwave therapy devices along with their current and future market potential
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2018 to 2020, and projections of five-year compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Estimation of the actual market size and revenue forecasts for shockwave therapy treatment market, and corresponding market share analysis by type of technology, ergonomic, application and geographical region
- Detailed analysis of competitive environment between the companies, their global rankings and market share analysis, product portfolios and market development strategies
- Discussion of market dynamics of shockwave therapy devices, their industry value chain analysis, regulatory framework, pricing analysis, and prevalence or incidence on chronic pain disease
- Impact analysis of the COVID-19 pandemic on the medical devices industry vs. outlook of overall global economy
- Descriptive company profiles of major industry players, including Bio-Med Inc., DJO Global Inc., Inceler Medikal, Richard Wolf GmbH, STORZ MEDICAL AG and Zimmer MedizinSysteme GmbH
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
- Overview of Shockwave Therapy
- Shockwave Therapy Function
- Conditions Effectively Treated with Shockwave Therapy
- Benefits of Shockwave Therapy Treatment
- Trends in the Market for Shockwave Therapy
- Global Demographic Overview
- Gender and Pain
- Other Influences Determining How Pain is Felt Among Individuals
- Undertreatment Issues
- Treatment of Pain and Issues Facing the Professional Segment
Chapter 4 Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- Increasing Incidence of Acute and Chronic Pain
- Rise in Geriatric Population and Its Impact on Medical Devices
- Demand for Technologically Improved Medical Devices
- Improved Awareness about Shockwave Therapy and Its Devices
- Market Restraints
- Lack of Trained Professionals
- Side Effects of Shockwave Therapy
- Market Opportunities
- Market Expansion into Emerging Countries
- Launch of New Shockwave Therapy Devices for Pain Management
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Technology
- Global Market for Shockwave Therapy by Technology
- Piezoelectric Technique
- Radial or Ballistic Technique
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Device Category (Fixed or Portable)
- Global Market for Shockwave Therapy by Device Category
- Fixed Shockwave Devices
- Portable Shockwave Therapy
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by Application
- Global Market for Shockwave Therapy by Application
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Other Applications
Chapter 8 Market Breakdown by Region
- Global Market for Shockwave Therapy by Region
- North America
- Rest of the World
Chapter 9 Impact of COVID-19 on the Pharma and Medical Device Industry
- Short-Term Impact
- Change in Demand
- Shift of Communication and Promotions to Remote Interactions
- Research and Development Changes
- Long-Term Impact
- Delayed Approvals for Non-COVID-Related Products
- Self-Sufficiency in Pharma and Medical Device Industry
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Industry Growth Slow-Down
- Changes in Consumption Trends in Health-Related Products
Chapter 10 Regulatory Scenario
- Regulations in the U.S.
- Regulations in Europe
- Regulations in Japan
- Regulations in China
Chapter 11 Pain Management Services and Organizations
- Pain Clinics
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Access to Palliative Care Around the World
- Assessing the Need for Palliative Care
Chapter 12 Competitive Landscape
- Global Company Market Ranking Analysis
- Product Mapping with Application and Ergonomic Status
Chapter 13 Company Profiles
- BIO-MED INC.
- BTL CORPORATE
- DJO GLOBAL
- EMS ELECTRO MEDICAL SYSTEMS S.A.
- INCELER MEDIKAL CO., LTD.
- MTS MEDICAL UG
- RICHARD WOLF GMBH
- STORZ MEDICAL AG
- TISSUE REGENERATION TECHNOLOGIES LLC
- ZIMMER MEDIZINSYSTEME GMBH
Chapter 14 Appendix: Acronyms