Product Code: BIO157B
The global market for polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for point-of-care (POC) diagnostics should grow from nearly $3.3 billion in 2020 to $5.0 billion by 2025, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.1% during the period of 2020-2025.
The global market for PCR kits for POC diagnostics should grow from $2.1 billion in 2020 to $3.7 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 12.0% during the period of 2020-2025.
The global market for PCR equipment for POC diagnostics should grow from $1.2 billion in 2020 to over $1.3 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 3.0% during the period of 2020-2025.
The scope of this report is broad and covers the components available in the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for point-of-care (POC) diagnostics market and potential end-users. Revenue forecasts from 2020 to 2025 are given for types of kits and equipment, with estimated value derived from the revenues of manufacturers.
The report also includes a discussion on the major players in each regional market. Further, it explains major drivers and regional dynamics of the global market. The report concludes with a look at the vendor landscape and includes detailed profiles of major vendors in the global PCR for POC diagnostics market.
This report will cover the variety of markets being served by these newly emerging diagnostic kits, the companies that produce them, and the types of end users who are embracing these kits. This study does not cover the existing kit market for molecular diagnostics, either through manual use or through a variety of automation platforms. These kits, which enable processing of samples for PCR without further operator intervention, by definition do not require much in the way of sample preparation or consumables other than what is used to generate results, so there will not be a discussion of that marketplace. However, the appropriate consumables necessary, as well as the cyclers that are paired with these kits, will be covered as a part of this report.
- 18 data tables and 23 additional tables
- A comprehensive overview of the global market for polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for point-of-care (POC) diagnostics, along with future commercial potential for each key market segment
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2019 and 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Estimation of the actual market size and revenue forecasts for the global PCR for POC diagnostics market and potential end-users for types of kits and equipment
- Identification of the emerging market opportunities and future market potential of the PCR for POC diagnostics industry, technology trends and issues, market determinants, and regulatory frameworks pertaining to PCR technology
- Competitive landscape specific to COVID-19 impact analysis, with emphasis on FDA's contribution to COVID-19 diagnostic testing and key developments within the segment
- Patent review and new developments in POC PCR technologies, by companies or research institutes
- Discussion of the vendor landscape and detailed profiles of major vendors in the global PCR for POC diagnostics market. Major players include Abbott Laboratories, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Cepheid, Roche Diagnostics and Qiagen N.V.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
- Trends in Price/Performance
- Market Ramp-Up in Equipment
- Explosion in Uses
- Pushing Molecular to the Patient
- Evolving from Single-Test to Panels
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
- History of PCR
- Ultra-fast PCR Technologies for Point-of-Care Testing
- Thermal Cycling Limits the Use of Conventional PCR at the POC
- Approaches to Manage PCR Thermal Cycling
- Novel Approaches for POC
- Laser PCR: Expanding the Possibilities at the POC
- New Approaches to Tackle Technical Challenges Correlated with Nucleic Acid-based POC Assays
- Market Determinants
- High Incidence of Infectious Diseases
- Increasing Prevalence of COVID-19
- Uses of POC PCR
- Infectious Disease
- Sexually Transmitted Disease
- Other Uses
- POC PCR Technology
- Isothermic Amplification
- Regulatory Framework
Chapter 4 COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- FDA's Contribution to COVID-19 Diagnostic Testing
- Prioritizing of OTC and At-Home Testing Solutions
- Synopsis of FDA-Associated Testing Milestones, Since May 2020
- Competitive Landscape Specific to COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- Developments in COVID-19 Testing
- Meridian Introduces Novel Air-Dryable RT-qPCR Mix
- FDA Allows Roche's Novel Diagnostic Test for Identifying MRSA Bacteria
- Diagnostic Test for Combined Flu/SAR-CoV-2
Chapter 5 POC PCR Market Breakdown by Equipment
Chapter 6 POC PCR Market Breakdown by Kits
- Infectious Diseases
- Multi-analyte Panels
- Single Analyte
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Chapter 7 POC PCR Market Breakdown by Region
- North America
- United States
- Rest of the World
- Latin America
Chapter 8 Patent Review/New Developments
Chapter 9 Technology Issues
- Emerging Diseases and POC PCR
- Point-of-Care Testing: Not Just at The Patient Bedside
- Quality Control of POC PCR
- Company Strategies
Chapter 10 Industry Structure
- Public Health
- Clinical Diagnostics
Chapter 11 Digital PCR Additional Information
- Case Study: dPCR Offers More Absolute Results Over qPCR
- Porter's Five Forces Model
- Threat of New Entrants
- Bargaining Power of Buyers
- Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- Threat of Substitutes
- Competitive Rivalry Between Existing Players
- Droplet Digital PCR
- Applications of Digital PCR
- Industry Structure
Chapter 12 Company Profiles
- ABBOTT LABORATORIES
- ADVANCED THERANOSTICS INC.
- AQUILA DIAGNOSTICS SYSTEMS INC.
- ATLAS GENETICS
- BIO-RAD LABORATORIES INC.
- QIAGEN N.V.
- ROCHE DIAGNOSTICS
- VISBY MEDICAL INC.