Product Code: PHM062D
The global market for Alzheimer’s disease treatment should grow from $4.8 billion in 2020 to $6.3 billion by 2025 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.5% during the period of 2020-2025.
The North American market for Alzheimer’s disease treatment should grow from $2.5 billion in 2020 to $3.3 billion by 2025 with a CAGR of 5.6% during the period of 2020-2025.
The Asia-Pacific market for Alzheimer’s disease treatment should grow from $1.3 billion in 2020 to $1.7 billion by 2025 with a CAGR of 5.6% during the period of 2020-2025.
The scope of this study encompasses the global and regional markets for Alzheimer's therapeutics and diagnostics. These markets are segmented by branded and generic drugs, and mechanism of action, such as acetylcholine inhibitors (AChEIs) and N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor antagonists, a combination drug of donepezil and memantine, tau aggregation inhibitors (TAI) and amyloid-beta (AB) vaccines. Drugs are also segmented by the stage of Alzheimer's disease they treat, i.e., mild to moderate, severe and prodromal.
BCC Research analyzed each market and its applications, regulatory environment, assistive technologies, market projections and market share. Issues discussed include the major drug profiles, clinical groundwork, technological features and trends. The regional markets for AD therapeutics and diagnostics include selected markets in the U.S., Canada, the U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan, China and India. These markets are grouped as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the world (RoW).
- 27 tables
- An overview of the global market for Alzheimer's disease (AD) therapeutics and diagnostics
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of global market trends with data from 2019, estimates for 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Detailed description of Alzheimer's disease and discussion on disease-related events, etiology and epidemiology covering prevalence and incidence rates
- Identification of diagnostic tools and equipment; evaluation of important scientific and technological frameworks; and coverage of developments in the global market for Alzheimer's disease therapeutics and diagnostics.
- Information on products that are currently available for the diagnosis and treatment of Alzheimer's disease as well as highlights of the promising new drug candidates and diagnostic imaging agents
- Market share analysis of Alzheimer's disease therapeutics and diagnostics, by mechanism of action, disease stage and major geographical regions covering North America, Europe, APAC and Rest of the World
- Detailed analysis of the current market trends, market forecast, drivers, challenges, and opportunities affecting market growth and discussion on regulatory and competitive elements that are affecting the future marketplace
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and coverage of events like mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and other key market strategies
- Company profiles of major market players, including AbbVie, AstraZeneca Plc, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly and Co., F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer Inc., Novartis and Sanofi
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing this Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Overview
- Alzheimer's Disease: Definition and Market Structure
- Alzheimer's Disease Pathophysiology
- AD and Amyloid Cascade
- AD and Tauopathy
- AD and Neurotransmitter Systems
- Alzheimer's Disease Etiology
- Genetic Factors
- Non-Genetic Factors
- Alzheimer's Disease Epidemiology
- Age of Onset
- Incidence, Prevalence and Mortality
- Stages and Severity of AD
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Alzheimer's
- Diagnosis of Alzheimer's
- Companion Imaging Diagnostics for AS
- CIDX Technologies for Amyloid Visualization
- CIDX Technologies for TAU-NFT Visualization
- Comparative Analysis of Tau Tracers in Development
- CIDX Technologies: AB vs. Tau Imaging Technologies
- Concluding Remarks
- Pharmaceutical Treatment of AD
Chapter 4 Regulatory Structure
- Accelerated Approvals
- Fast Track Designation
- Breakthrough Therapy Designation
- Priority Review
- Controlled Substances Act
- Special Protocol Assessments
- New Surveillance and Safety Requirements
- Rest of the World
- Reimbursement Landscape
Chapter 5 Market Dynamics
- Market Drivers
- Use of Biomarkers in Diagnosis and Drug Development
- Large Number of Drugs in the Pipeline
- Market Restraints
- Patent Expirations of Branded Drugs and Emergence of Generics
- High Failure Rate in Drug Development
- High Cost of Drug Development
Chapter 6 Global Markets for Alzheimer's Disease Therapeutics
- Market Overview
- Global Market for Alzheimer's Drugs by Mechanism of Action
- Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitors (AChEIs)
- NMDA Drugs
- Global Market for Branded/Generic AD Therapeutics by Type
- Global Market for AD Therapeutics by Stage of AD
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by Region
- Global Market for Alzheimer's Drugs by Region
- North America
- Rest of the World
- Industry Structure
- Impact of Generic AD Therapeutics
Chapter 8 Pipeline Analysis
- Overview of the Drug Development Process
- Phase III
- Phase II
- Phase I
- Trial Sponsors
Chapter 9 Company Profiles
- ACADIA PHARMACEUTICALS INC.
- ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS LTD.
- ALEXZA PHARMACEUTICALS
- ALKERMES PLC
- ALLERGAN PLC
- APOTEX INC.
- ASTRAZENECA PLC
- AUROBINDO PHARMA
- AVANIR PHARMACEUTICALS INC.
- BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM
- BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB CO.
- DAIICHI SANKYO CO., LTD.
- DR. REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD.
- ELI LILLY AND CO.
- EISAI CO., LTD.
- F. HOFFMANN-LA ROCHE AG
- GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC
- GEDEON RICHTER PLC
- IMMUNOCELLULAR THERAPEUTICS LTD.
- JOHNSON & JOHNSON
- LANNETT CO., INC.
- H. LUNDBECK A/S
- LUPIN LTD.
- MERCK & CO.
- MYLAN NV
- NEXTSOURCE BIOTECHNOLOGY LLC
- NOVARTIS AG
- OTSUKA HOLDINGS CO., LTD.
- PFIZER INC.
- SUMITOMO DAINIPPON PHARMA CO., LTD.
- SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTD.
- TEVA PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTD.
- TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD.
- UCB SA
Chapter 10 Appendix: Acronyms