Product Code: BIO205A
The global market for microbiome therapeutics should grow from $141.7 million in 2021 to $1.3 billion by 2026, at compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 56.4% for the period of 2021-2026.
GIT diseases market for microbiome therapeutics should grow from $87.9 million in 2021 to $222.0 million by 2026, at a CAGR of 20.4% for the period of 2021-2026.
Infections diseases market for microbiome therapeutics should grow from $53.8 million in 2021 to $191.8 million by 2026, at a CAGR of 28.9% for the period of 2021-2026.
BCC Research's new report, "Microbiome Therapeutics: Global Markets," provides a comprehensive analysis of the microbiome therapeutics market in global context, including market forecasts and sales through 2025. The report analyzes the market by segmenting it into the various types of microbiome therapeutics, based on the strategies used for treatment: additive (fecal matter transplants or FMTs, live biotherapeutic products or LBPs), modulatory (postbiotics, prebiotics) and subtractive microbiome therapeutics (phages and antimicrobials). This study surveys the microbiome therapeutics market by application or disease segments: infectious diseases, metabolic diseases, cancer, gut-brain axis and others. The market is also assessed in the following geographic regions: North America, Europe and emerging markets. Emerging markets include countries like India, China, Korea, Taiwan, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Latin America.
The report features leading clinical trials indicating the status and phase of development. New developments and patents are boosting the growth of this market in the global context.
The new BCC report provides comprehensive profiles of market players in the industry. The industry structure chapter focuses on the changing market trends, market players and their leading pipeline candidates. This chapter also covers the mergers and acquisitions and any other collaborations or partnerships that happened during the evaluation period of this report that are expected to shape the industry.
Factors such as strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities that are expected to play a role in the microbiome therapeutics market are evaluated in detail.
Excluded from this report are the markets for prebiotics and probiotics labeled as nutritional or dietary supplements. Prebiotics and probiotics, if included, only pertain to when used in the context of microbiome therapy.
- 32 data tables and 47 additional tables
- An in-depth overview of the global microbiome therapeutics market
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data corresponding to market size for 2021-2025, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2026
- Latest information on market drivers and opportunities, challenges and restraints, technological developments, and regulatory updates, along with their impact on the stakeholders in this market
- Evaluation of market potential for microbiome therapeutics market, their market share analysis on the basis of product types, applications, and regions
- Highlights of this innovation driven microbiome therapeutics market covering current trends, disease areas of application, clinical trials and their stages, and new developments
- Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on the global economy and delay in the clinical trial activity and financial effects on the overall growth of this market
- Competitive landscape of this market featuring leading biopharmaceutical companies, their products pipeline and company share analysis
- Key merger and acquisition deals, collaborations and partnerships, licensing and manufacturing agreements, and other notable investment strategies within this market
- Patent review and deep-dive of the issued patents on the basis of categories such as type, year, disease type, company, country, and assignee
- Profile description of the major market participants, including Azitra Inc., Evelo Biosciences, LNC Therapeutics, Second Genome and Vedanta Biosciences Inc.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3: Market and Technology Background
- The Human Microbiome
- The Different Microbiomes in Humans
- Microbiome and Human Health and Disease
- Technologies Aiding Microbiome Research
- Microbiome Research Projects
- Microbiome Therapeutics
- Strategies for Development of Microbiome Therapeutics
- Microbiome Therapeutics Disease Areas
- Regulatory Landscape for Microbiome Therapeutics
Chapter 4: Market Breakdown by Technology Type
- Market by Microbiome Strategy Type
- Market Overview
- Additive Microbiome Therapeutics
- Modulatory Microbiome Therapeutics
- Subtractive Microbiome Therapeutics
Chapter 5: Market Breakdown by Application
- Market by Disease Type
- Market Overview
- Market Revenue
- Market Shares
- Gastrointestinal (GIT) Diseases
- Metabolic Diseases
- Gut-Brain Axis Diseases
- Other Diseases
- Market by Region
Chapter 6: Industry Structure
- Investment in Microbiome Therapeutics
- Public Funding Initiatives
- Private Funding Initiatives
- Collaborations and Partnerships
- Licensing and Manufacturing Agreements
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Leading Market Players in Microbiome Therapeutics Market
- Leading Market Players in Additive Microbiome Therapeutics Market
- Leading Market Players in Modulatory Microbiome Therapeutics Market
- Leading Market Players in Subtractive Microbiome Therapeutics Market
- BCC Research Select Insights from Industry Leaders
Chapter 7: Patent Analysis
- Patent Analysis
- Patents by Year
- Patents by Type
- Patents by Disease Type
- Patents by Company
- Patents by Country
- Patents by Assignee
Chapter 8: Clinical Trial Analysis
- Clinical Trial Analysis by Disease Category
- Clinical Trial Analysis by Treatment Strategy
- Clinical Trial Analysis by Company
- Microbiome Therapeutics in Discovery and Preclinical Development
- Microbiome Therapeutics Clinical Trials in Phase 3
Chapter 9: Analysis of Market Opportunities
- SWOT Analysis
- Strengths of Microbiome Therapeutics Market
- Challenges for Microbiome Therapeutics Market
- Opportunities for Microbiome Therapeutics Market
- Threats to the Microbiome Therapeutics Market
Chapter 10: Company Profiles
- 4D PHARMA
- AO BIOME LLC
- ASSEMBLY BIOSCIENCES INC.
- ARMATA PHARMACEUTICALS
- AZITRA INC.
- CHAIN BIOTECHNOLOGY LTD.
- ELIGO BIOSCIENCE SAS
- ENTEROME SA
- EVELO BIOSCIENCES
- FINCH THERAPEUTICS GROUP INC.
- INTRALYTIX INC.
- KALEIDO BIOSCIENCES
- KINTAI THERAPEUTICS INC.
- LNC THERAPEUTICS INC.
- MAAT PHARMA
- OSEL INC.
- PYLUM BIOSCIENES INC.
- QUORUM INNOVATIONS LLC
- REBIOTIX INC. (ACQUIRED BY FERRING PHARMACEUTICALS)
- SECOND GENOME
- SERES THERAPEUTICS INC.
- SFA THERAPEUTICS INC.
- SYNTHETIC BIOLOGICS INC.
- VEDANTA BIOSCIENCES INC.
Chapter 11: Appendix: Acronyms