Product Code: CON007A
The global esports market should reach $5 billion by 2024 from $1.3 billion in 2019 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 31.5% for the forecast period of 2019 to 2024.
The sponsorships segment of the global esports market is expected to grow from $569.7 million in 2019 to $1.9 billion in 2024 at a CAGR of 27.9% for the forecast period of 2019 to 2024.
The media rights segment of the global esports market is expected to grow from $241.1 million in 2019 to $1.7 billion in 2024 at a CAGR of 47.1% for the forecast period of 2019 to 2024.
The scope of this report is broad and covers the global markets for esports, which is organized globally to generate various types of revenue streams, ranging from media rights to sponsorships to tickets and merchandise. The market is broken down by revenue streams and by region. Revenue forecasts from 2019 to 2024 are presented for revenue stream and regional market.
The report also includes a discussion on the major players in each of the regional markets for esports. It explains the major market drivers of the global market for esports, the current trends within the industry and the regional dynamics of the esports market. The report concludes with a special focus on the vendor landscape which includes detailed profiles of the major vendors in the esports industry globally.
- An overview of global esports market
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2018 and 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- An idea about popular esports games and market analysis of target audience
- Analysis of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- Coverage of esports market landscape and involved parties
- Knowledge about revenue streams of esports market, i.e., media rights, advertising, tickets and merchandise sales, sponsorships and publisher fees
- Comprehensive profiles of major players in the industry, including Activision Blizzard, CJ Corp., Electronic Arts, Gfinity, Modern Times Group, Take-two Interactive Software Inc., Tencent and Valve Corp.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Intended Audience
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3: Market and Technology Background
- Most Popular Esports Games
- Market Landscape and Participants
- Target Audience Analysis
- Market Trends and Opportunities
- Esports Market by Revenue Stream
- Media Rights
- Tickets and Merchandise Sales
- Publisher Fees
Chapter 4: Market Breakdown by Revenue Stream
- Global Market for Esports by Revenue Stream
- Global Market for Esports Media Rights by Region
- Global Market for Esports Advertising by Region
- Global Market for Esports Tickets and Merchandise by Region
- Global Market for Esports Sponsorships by Region
- Global Market for Esports Publisher Fees by Region
Chapter 5: Market Breakdown by Region
- Global Market for Esports by Region
- North American Market for Esports
- European Market for Esports
- Asia-Pacific Market for Esports
- South American Market for Esports
- RoW Market for Esports
Chapter 6: Market Drivers and Challenges
- Increasing Awareness and Monetization Opportunities for Players
- Rising Popularity of Video Games
- Growing Number of Tournaments with Large Prize Money
- Prevalence of Betting Frauds and Match-Fixing Threats
- Lack of Standardization
Chapter 7: Company Profiles
- ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- AXION VENTURES INC.
- BACKSTAGEPLAY INC.
- BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT
- BETHSEDA SOFTWORKS LLC
- BRAGG GAMING GROUP INC.
- CAPCOM CO. LTD.
- CJ CORP.
- CONTAGIOUS GAMING INC.
- ELECTRONIC ARTS INC.
- GFINITY PLC
- GUNGHO ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT INC.
- HI-REZ STUDIOS
- KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT CO. LTD.
- KUUHUBB INC.
- MAD CATZ INTERACTIVE INC.
- MICROSOFT CORP.
- MILLENNIAL ESPORTS CORP.
- MODERN TIMES GROUP
- PLUG IN DIGITAL
- SONY CORP.
- SQUARE ENIX CO. LTD.
- TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE SOFTWARE INC.
- THE STARS GROUP INC.
- TURNER BROADCASTING SYSTEM
- VALVE CORP.
- VERSUS SYSTEMS INC.
- ZYNGA INC.