Product Code: ENG023A
North American infrastructure market should grow from $346.6 billion in 2018 to $381.0 billion by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.9% for the period of 2018-2023.
North American highways infrastructure market should grow from $216.6 billion in 2018 to $236.1 billion by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.7% for the period of 2018-2023.
North American water and wastewater infrastructure market should grow from $53.8 billion in 2018 to $59.6 billion by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.1% for the period of 2018-2023.
The civil engineering sector consists of businesses primarily engaged in applying physical laws and engineering principles to the planning, design, construction and maintenance of the built environment. This report is concerned specifically with the market for civil engineering services as they relate to public infrastructure projects.
Public infrastructure projects are construction or engineering projects executed by governments or other agencies that provide the physical networks necessary for the functioning of a modern society, including:
- Artificial harbors
- Electric power generation and transmission
- Water supply
- Wastewater and solid waste management
Other agencies include private concessionaries that construct and/or operate such projects on behalf of or in lieu of the government.
- 68 data tables and 11 additional tables
- An overview of civil engineering services for public works infrastructure projects in North America
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017, 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Information on public infrastructure projects or engineering projects executed by governments or other agencies that provide the physical networks necessary for the functioning of a modern society, including bridges, tunnels, highways, roads, railroads, airports, canals, dams, artificial harbors, pipelines, telecommunications, water supply, and wastewater and solid waste management
- A look at the current regulatory updates, new developments, mergers and acquisitions and partnership activities, and patent expiry shaping the North American market landscape
- Identification of the segments that should experience high growth during the time frame covered
- Profiles of major market players within the industry, including Bechtel Group Inc., Hatch Mott MacDonald, Jacobs Engineering Group, Louis Berger Group and Parsons Corp.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3: Market and Technology Background
- Public Infrastructure
- Civil Engineering
- Infrastructure Conditions
- United States
- Recent and Projected Trends in Infrastructure Spending
- United States
Chapter 4: Civil Engineering Services for Public Works Infrastructure Projects
- Types of Civil Engineering Services Used in Public Works Infrastructure Projects
- Civil Engineering Sub-disciplines
- Civil Engineering and the Infrastructure Project Development Phases
- Civil Engineering Share of Total Infrastructure Cost
- Cost by Type of Project
- Breakdown of Civil Engineering Costs by Project Phase
Chapter 5: North American Market for Civil Engineering Services
- United States
- Airport-Related CE Services
- Bridge-Related CE Services
- Communications-Related CE Expenditures
- Dam-Related CE Services
- Energy-Related CE Expenditures
- Inland Waterways-Related CE Services
- Levee and Floodwall-Related CE Services
- Port-Related CE Services
- Railroad-Related CE Services
- Road and Highway-Related CE Services
- Tunnel-Related CE Services
- Water/Wastewater-Related CE Expenditures
Chapter 6: Export Opportunities
- NAFTA and the US-Mexico-Canada Agreement
- Civil Engineering Service Trade among the US, Mexico, and Canada
Chapter 7: Company Profiles
- BECHTEL GROUP INC.
- BLACK & VEATCH
- BURNS MCDONNELL
- CDM SMITH
- FLUOR CORP.
- GOLDER ASSOCIATES CORP.
- HATCH MOTT MCDONALD
- HDR INC.
- HNTB CORP.
- JACOBS ENGINEERING GROUP INC.
- LOUIS BERGER GROUP
- MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL
- PARSONS CORP.
- PARSONS BRINCKERHOFF/WSP
- PRIMORIS SERVICES CORP.
- STANTEC INC.
- STV INC.
- TERRACON CONSULTANTS INC.
- TETRA TECH INC.
- TRC COMPANIES INC.