Product Code: CHM123A
The global market for specialty chemicals should grow from $153.4 billion in 2018 to $197.8 billion by 2023, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.2% from 2018 through 2023.
The global market for plastic additives should grow from $56.1 billion in 2018 to $72.2 billion by 2023, with a CAGR of 5.2% from 2018 through 2023.
The global market for specialty water treatment chemicals should grow from $34.5 billion in 2018 to $46.6 billion by 2023, with a CAGR of 6.2% from 2018 through 2023.
The scope of the report includes, a general outlook of specialty chemicals sector. The report segments the market into two major sub-segments, namely specialty chemicals technology and application markets. Technologies covered are surfactant, defoamers, corrosion inhibitors, and flame retardants. Applications include all major applications where a significant portion of specialty chemicals are consumed. Applications covered are waterproofing chemicals, water treatment chemicals, oilfield process chemicals, cosmetics and toiletries additives, and plastic additives.
The report explains the prevalent and upcoming trends covering the qualitative aspects of the market in brief details. Detailed overview of these technologies and applications coupled with relevant market data in terms of market size measured in dollar terms are provided.
- 17 data tables and 17 additional tables
- A brief general outlook of the global specialty chemicals market
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2017 and 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Information pertaining to demand for specialty chemicals used in major application areas, including waterproofing chemicals, water treatment chemicals, oilfield process chemicals, cosmetics and toiletries additives, plastic additives etc.
- Discussion on the role of government regulations, recent advancements and technological innovations, and economic factors that will shape the future marketplace
- Company profiles of leading market participants within the industry, including Arkema SA, AkzoNobel N.V., Baker Hughes Inc., BASF Corp., Evonik Industries AG and Sanyo Chemical Industries Ltd.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing the Study
- Scope of Report
- Intended Audience
- Methodology and Information Sources
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Specialty Chemicals Market by Application
- Waterproofing Chemicals Market and Technologies
- Methods of Waterproofing
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Waterproofing Chemicals
- Types of Waterproofing Chemicals
- Specialty Water Treatment Chemicals
- Life Cycle Assessment of Specialty Chemicals
- Types of Water Treatment
- Water Treatment Chemicals
- Global Market for Specialty Chemicals in Water Treatment
- Oilfield Process Chemicals
- Chemical Types of Oilfield Process Chemicals
- Chemicals for Cosmetics & Toiletries-Focus on Specialty Additives
- Specialty Additives
- Plastic Additives
- Development of Plastic Additives
- Global Market for Plastic Additives
Chapter 4 Specialty Chemicals Market by Technology
- Surfactant Chemicals and Materials
- Properties of Surfactant Chemicals
- Surfactant Chemicals, by Type
- Application of Surfactant
- Properties of Defoamers
- History of Defoamers
- Market Size and Estimates
- Application of Defoamers
- Corrosion Inhibitors
- Effect of Corrosion in Major Sectors
- Corrosion Inhibitors Product Type
- Flame Retardants
- Importance of the Industry
- Generally Accepted Mechanisms of Flame Retardant Control
- Flame Retardant Chemicals
- Market Size and Estimates
- Chemical Type of Flame Retardant Chemicals
Chapter 5 Company Profiles
- AKZONOBEL N.V.
- ACCUREL SYSTEMS
- ADEKA CORP.
- AJINOMOTO CO., INC.
- ALBEMARLE CORP.
- ARKEMA SA
- AQUATECH INTERNATIONAL LLC
- BAKER HUGHES, INC.
- BASF CORP.
- CHEMTURA CORP.
- CLARIANT AG
- DORF KETAL CHEMICALS LLC
- EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO.
- E. I. DU PONT DE NEMOURS AND CO.
- ELEMENTIS PLC
- EVONIK INDUSTRIES AG
- GEO SPECIALTY CHEMICALS, INC.
- HALLIBURTON CO.
- INNOSPEC, INC.
- ISRAEL CHEMICALS LTD.
- JEEN INTERNATIONAL CORP.
- LUBRIZOL CORP.
- MAPEI SPA
- RHEIN CHEMIE CORP.
- SANYO CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES
- SIKA AG
- UBE INDUSTRIES LTD.
- VANTAGE SPECIALTY CHEMICALS, INC.
- WEIFANG SANTI CHEMICAL CO., LTD.
- ZEON CHEMICALS LP
Chapter 6 Appendix