Product Code: BIO188A
The global market for organ-on-a-chip should grow from $11.3 billion in 2018 to $60.6 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 39.9% from 2018 to 2023.
Heart as a segment of organ-on-a-chip market should grow from $2.6 billion in 2018 to $14.4 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 41.2% from 2018 to 2023.
Liver as a segment of organ-on-a-chip market should grow from $2.4 billion in 2018 to $13.4 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 40.9% from 2018 to 2023.
The scope of this report is broad and covers various types of products available in the organ-on-a-chip market and potential application sectors in various industries. The organ-on-a-chip market is broken down by product into instruments and consumables. Revenue forecasts from 2018 to 2023 are given for each product, application, cell type and end user, with estimated valued derived from the revenues of manufacturers. Revenue generated from the installation and maintenance of instruments has been excluded from the report.
This report also includes a discussion of the major players in each regional organ-on-a-chip market. Further, it explains the major drivers and regional dynamics of the global market and current trends within the industry.
The report concludes with a special focus on the vendor landscape and includes detailed profiles of the major players in the global organ-on-a-chip market.
- 56 data tables and 49 additional tables
- An overview of global market for organ-on-a-chip within the industry
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 and 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Description of potential applications in pharmaceutical and life science research sectors, including preclinical drugs testing, drug screening, personalized medicine, phenotypic screening, lead optimization and disease modelling
- Information on multi-channel 3-D microfluidic cell culture chip and discussion of their ability to imitate human micro environment in vitro
- Discussion on how organ on a chip is emerging as a priority testing alternative which is replacing animals in life science research, toxicology testing and drug development studies
- Knowledge about implementation of 3rs (replacement, refinement and reduction of animals-based research) in the industry
- Insights into government programs and policies in support of organ on chip and coverage of revised laws involving animal testing
- Company profiles of the top players in the industry, including Emulate, Hurel Corp., Insphero, Organovo and Synvivo
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2 - Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 - Market and Technology Background
- Developments in Drug Discovery
- 2010 to the Present
- Market Potential
- Investment Analysis
- Regulatory Framework
- United States
- European Union
- Industry Growth Drivers
- Rising Demand to Enhance the Effectiveness of Clinical Trials
- Increasing Investments for Drug Research and Development
- Increasing Adoption of Organ-on-a-Chip in Multiple Applications
- Surging Demand of Lung-Based Organ Cultures in Clinical Studies
Chapter 4 - Global Organ-on-a-Chip Market by Type
- Liver on a Chip Classification Depending on Their Principal Actions
- Other Organs
Chapter 5 - Global Organ-on-a-Chip Market by End User
- Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Companies
- Cosmetics Industry
- Academic and Research Institutes
- Other End Users
Chapter 6 - Global Organ-on-a-Chip Market by Offering
Chapter 7 - Global Organ-on-a-Chip Market by Application
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Toxicological Research
- Physiological Model Development
Chapter 8 - Global Organ-on-a-Chip Market by Region
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of the World
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Chapter 9 - Organ-on-a-Chip Industry Structure
- Raw Material Suppliers
- Quality and Technology
- Terms and Conditions
- Cost-Effective Components
- End Users of Consumables
- Innovation Within the Industry
- Competitive Analysis
Chapter 10 - Company Profiles
- CHERRY BIOTECH
- CN BIO
- EMULATE, INC.
- HESPEROS, INC.
- HUREL CORP.
- MESOBIO TECH
- TARA BIOSYSTEMS, INC.
- TISSUSE GMBH