Product Code: SMC117A
The global 5G chipset market should grow from $870.0 million in 2019 to reach $10.9 billion by 2024 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 65.7% for the period of 2019-2024.
Smartphones as a segment of 5G chipset market should grow from $468.4 million in 2019 to reach $5.7 billion by 2024 at a CAGR of 64.8% for the period of 2019-2024.
Smart gadgets as a segment of 5G chipset market should grow from $124.0 million in 2019 to reach $1.6 billion by 2024 at a CAGR of 67.1% for the period of 2019-2024.
The 5G chipset market is segmented into the following categories -
- Deployment type: network infrastructure, smart gadgets, smartphones, routers/modems, and others.
- Wafer material type: GaN (gallium nitride)-based chipsets, GaAs (gallium arsenide)-based chipsets, InP (indium phosphide)-based chipsets, SiN (silicon nitride)-based chipsets, Si-based chipsets, and others.
- IC type: RFIC, ASIC, cellular IC, and mmWave IC.
- Spectrum bands: <3GHz, >3GHz-5GHz, >5GHz-6GHz, and >6GHz.
- End use: telecom infrastructure, automotive, building automation, industrial automation, retail, Energy and utilities, consumer electronics, and others.
- Region: North America is segmented into the U.S., Canada, and Mexico; Europe is segmented into the U.K., France, Germany, and Rest of Europe; the U.K. is further segmented into England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland; Asia-Pacific (APAC) is segmented into China, Japan, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific; Middle East and Latin America is segmented into UAE, Brazil, and Rest of Middle East and Latin America.
In addition to industry and competitive analysis of the 5G chipset market, this report also exhaustively covers patent analysis, and includes a listing of company profiles of key players active in the global market.
- 91 data tables and 60 additional tables
- Descriptive study with a trend analysis of the global 5G chipset market
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2018, estimates for 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2024
- Quantitative data covering global 5G chipset market in terms of end use, material type, spectrum bands, deployment type and geographical region
- Regional dynamics of the global 5G chipset market covering North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and rest of the world (RoW)
- Holistic view of 5G chipset industry, the key developments, major drivers and trends, and challenges that affect the market and the supplier landscape
- Revenue details and market share analysis of major manufacturers of 5G chipset
- Comprehensive company profiles of leading market players, including Analog Devices Inc., Ericsson Inc., Intel Corp., Microsoft Corp. and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Research Methodology
- Intended Audience
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3: Market and Technology Background
- Market Definition and the Evolution of 5G Chipset
- Future Outlook and Expectations
- Market Dynamics
- Key Developments in the Field of 5G Chipsets
- Quotes by Key Opinion Leaders
- Value Chain Analysis
- Chipset Components
- Chipset Design and Manufacture
- Product Shipping
- Service Enablement
- Product-Based Owners
- End Users
Chapter 4: Market Breakdown by Deployment Type
- Network Infrastructure
- Smart Gadgets
Chapter 5: Market Breakdown by Wafer Material Type
- GaN (Gallium Nitride)-Based Chipsets
- GaAs (Gallium Arsenide)-Based Chipsets
- InP (Indium Phosphide)-Based Chipsets
- SiN (Silicon Nitride)-Based Chipsets
- Si-Based Chipsets
Chapter 6: Market Breakdown by IC Type
- Cellular IC
- mmWave IC
Chapter 7: Market Breakdown by Spectrum Bands
Chapter 8: Market Breakdown by End Use
- Telecom Infrastructure
- Building Automation
- Industrial Automation
- Energy and Utilities
- Consumer Electronics
Chapter 9: Market Breakdown by Region
- North America
- Middle East and Latin America
Chapter 10: Analysis of Market Opportunities
- Integration of 5G Services with Satellite Communication
- Lucrative Opportunities for Operators and Investors
- Huge Untapped Opportunity in the Developing Countries
Chapter 11: Patent Review and New Developments
- Patent Review by Year and Country
- Important 5G Chipset Patents
Chapter 12: Company Profiles
- ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES INC.
- ANALOG DEVICES INC.
- ANOKIWAVE INC.
- BROADCOM INC.
- CAVIUM INC.
- DEUTSCHE TELEKOM AG
- ERICSSON INC.
- FUJITSU LTD.
- HEWLETT PACKARD ENTERPRISE
- HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO. LTD.
- INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP. (IBM)
- INFINEON TECHNOLOGIES AG
- INTEGRATED DEVICE TECHNOLOGY INC.
- INTEL CORP.
- KEYSIGHT TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- KOREA TELECOM
- MACOM TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS HOLDINGS INC.
- MEDIATEK INC.
- MICROSOFT CORP
- NEC CORP.
- NOKIA CORP.
- NXP SEMICONDUCTORS NV
- QORVO INC.
- QUALCOMM TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- RENESAS ELECTRONICS CORP.
- SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO. LTD.
- STMICROELECTRONICS NV
- TEXAS INSTRUMENTS INC.
- XILINX INC.
- ZTE CORP.