Product Code: SMC107A
The global market for solid-state lighting should grow from $62.8 billion in 2018 to $127.5 billion by 2023 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.2% for the period of 2018-2023.
The scope of this report is broad and covers global markets of solid-state lighting used globally in various types of applications. The market is broken down by major types, by application, end-user industries and by region. Revenue forecasts from 2018 to 2023 are presented for each major type, application, and regional markets.
The report also includes a discussion on the major players in each of the regional markets for solid-state lighting market. It explains the major market drivers of the global solid-state lighting industry, the current trends within the industry, and the regional dynamics of the solid-state lighting market. The report concludes with a special focus on the vendor landscape. It includes detailed profiles of the major vendors in the solid-state lighting industry globally.
- An overview of the global solid-state lighting (SSL) technology market
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017, 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Discussion of technologies and factors influencing demand
- Coverage of SSL technologies, including LED (light-emitting diodes) and OLED (organic light-emitting diodes), as well as substrate mounts, packaging materials, and manufacturing techniques
- Profiles of major companies in the market, including 3M, Honeywell International Inc., Eaton Corp. Plc., PhotonStar LED Group Plc., Cree Inc. and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- North America
- South America
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3: Market and Technology Background
- Types of Solid-State Lighting Devices
- Light-Emitting Diodes (LEDs)
- Organic Light-Emitting Diodes (OLEDs)
- Solid-State Lighting by Type of Installation
- New Installation
- Retrofit Installation
- Solid-State Lighting by End-User Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- Commercial and Industrial
- Transportation and Automotive
Chapter 4: Global Market for Solid-State Lighting
- Global Market for Solid-State Lighting by Region
- Global Market for LED Solid-State Lighting by Region
- Global Market for OLED Solid-State Lighting by Region
- Global Market for Solid-State Lighting by Installation Type
- New Installations by Region
- Retrofit Installations by Region
- Global Market for Solid-State Lighting by Application
- General Lighting Applications by Technology Type
- Backlighting Applications by Technology Type
- Automotive Lighting Applications by Technology Type
- Other Lighting Applications by Technology Type
- General Lighting Applications by Region
- Backlighting Applications by Region
- Automotive Applications by Region
- Other Lighting Applications by Region
- Global Market for Solid-State Lighting Market by End-User Industry
- Architectural Applications by Technology Type
- Consumer Electronics Applications by Technology Type
- Commercial and Industrial Applications by Technology Type
- Residential Applications by Technology Type
- Transportation and Automotive Applications by Technology Type
- Other Applications by Technology Type
- Architectural Applications by Region
- Consumer Electronics Applications by Region
- Commercial and Industrial Applications by Region
- Residential Applications by Region
- Transportation and Automotive Applications by Region
- Other Applications by Region
Chapter 5: Market Drivers and Challenges
- Higher Energy Savings in Comparison to Other Forms of Lighting
- Various Energy Saving Government Initiatives Around the World
- Expanding Global Semiconductor Market
- Better Suitability of SSL in Low-Space Applications
- LEDs with Optimum Wavelength Provide Effective Plant Growth
- Standardization Issues
- Thermal Management
- Higher Cost of LEDs
- Hazard of Blue Light from Solid-State Lighting
Chapter 6: Patents
Chapter 7: Company Profiles
- ACUITY BRANDS LIGHTING INC.
- ADVANCED LIGHTING TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- ALKILU ENTERPRISES LLC
- AMERICAN BRIGHT
- AMERICAN OPTO PLUS CORP.
- BRIDGELUX, INC.
- CITIZEN ELECTRONICS CO. LTD.
- CREE INC.
- CS BRIGHT CORP.
- EATON CORP. PLC
- EDISON OPTO CORP.
- ENERGY FOCUS INC.
- EVERLIGHT ELECTRONICS CO. LTD.
- EXCELLENCE OPTOELECTRONICS INC.
- GENERAL ELECTRIC CO.
- HARVATEK CORP
- HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL INC.
- INTEMATIX CORP.
- LEVITON MANUFACTURING CO. INC.
- LG ELECTRONICS INC.
- LUMILEDS, LLC
- LUTRON ELECTRONICS CO. INC.
- MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC CORP.
- MORITEX CORP.
- NICHIA CORP.
- OLEDWORKS LLC
- ORION ENERGY SYSTEMS INC.
- OSRAM LICHT AG
- PANASONIC CORP.
- PHOTONSTAR LED GROUP PLC
- ROHM CO. LTD.
- SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO. LTD.
- SEOUL SEMICONDUCTOR CO. LTD.
- SIGNIFY/PHILIPS LIGHTING
- TCP INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS LTD.
- TOYODA GOSEI CO. LTD.
- UNIVERSAL DISPLAY CORP.
- VISA LIGHTING