Product Code: ENG011A
The global market for industrial furnaces reached $10.7 billion in 2018 and should reach nearly $16.4 billion by 2023, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.1% for the period of 2018-2023.
The fuel-fired furnaces market reached $7.1 billion in 2018 and should reach $11.5 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 10.0% through 2023.
The electric furnaces market reached $3.5 billion in 2018 and should reach $4.9 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 6.9% through 2023.
This study reviews industrial furnace technology categories, along with relevant market and production information, technological descriptions and issues, and applications and market factors and potential, and provides an overview of relevant incentives and regulations in major global markets. This study will be of interest to current and potential manufacturers and suppliers of industrial furnaces, entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial companies interested in entering or expanding into the industrial furnace technology sector. It will also be of interest to corporate planners and strategists; furnace research and development strategists; engineering, procurement and contracting (EPC) firms involved in the development and installation of large industrial furnaces; furnace industry groups; and other public- and private-sector interest groups and market analysts. Specific furnace technologies and applications included in this study are summarized in two charts below.
The data presented are agnostic of fuel and include furnaces powered by electricity, as well as by fossil fuels and alternative fuels as relevant. The market analysis provided in this report is based on various data sources, including the most recent government, industry and corporate data on industrial furnace sales, production, imports and exports; manufacturing and industrial productivity data used to help gage historic and anticipated future market growth; data generated by recent and ongoing research and development efforts aimed at identifying new and developing niches for certain classes of industrial furnaces and potential for associated growth; and available corporate project announcements for major industrial furnace installations.
Furnace technology advances can be characterized by incremental change rather than by industry-shaping leaps. Nonetheless, emerging industrial furnace technologies that may become commercially viable within the next five years are summarized, but they are not included in the market assessment of this report. BCC Research analyzes each major viable industrial furnace technology, determines its current market status, examines its impact on future markets and presents forecasts for growth through 2023. Technological issues, including the latest trends, are assessed and discussed, as are the current and likely regulatory environments in support of this industry. Sales of both new and replacement or retrofit furnaces are considered.
BCC Research analyzes the industrial furnace industry on a global basis in terms of its manufacturing and the deployment of its technologies or products. BCC Research also examines key market drivers and headwinds, along with their roles in driving or throttling the global industrial furnace market.
- 56 data tables and 49 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for industrial furnaces
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 to 2018, and projections of CAGRs through 2023
- Information on various industrial furnace technologies, applications, and packaged versus engineered systems
- A look at the industrial furnace supply chain, industry trends, market factors, opportunities, key regulatory trends and recent developments
- Review of patents segmented by region, leading patent recipients, and technology
- Detailed profiles of the major market players, including Abbott Furnace, Baker Furnace Inc., C.I. Hayes, Honeywell, Ipsen, Siemens, and Tei-Struthers Wells
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Intended Audience
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3: Market and Technology Background
- Industrial Furnaces: A Brief History
- Industrial Furnace Terminology
- Industrial Furnace Technologies and Classifications
- Industrial Furnace Form Factor and Applications
- Ashing Furnaces
- Calcination Furnaces
- Tempering Furnaces
- Annealing Furnaces
- Sintering Furnaces
- Physical Testing Furnaces
- Bottom-Loading Furnaces
- Walking Beam Furnaces
- Rotary Tube Furnaces
- Box Furnaces
- Multiple Hearth Furnaces
- Conveyor Furnaces
- Fluidized Bed Furnaces
- Heat Source
- Induction Heating
- Controlled and Open Atmosphere Furnaces
- Relevant Industries
- Industrial Applications
- Packaged and Engineered Furnaces
- Market Breakdown Categories Considered in This Study
- Industrial Furnace Auxiliary Systems
- Industrial Furnace Efficiency
- Technologies Not Considered
- Commercial and Residential Furnaces
- Furnaces Used for Space Heating
- Solar-Powered Furnaces
- Municipal Solid Waste Incinerators
Chapter 4: Global Market Summary
- Scope of the Market Analysis
- Global Market for Industrial Furnaces
Chapter 5: Market Breakdown by Technology
- Global Market for Electric Resistance Furnaces
- Global Market for Electric Induction Furnaces
- Global Market for Natural Gas-Fired Furnaces
- Global Market for Petroleum Coke and Coal Furnaces
- Global Market for Industrial Furnaces Fired by Other Fuels
Chapter 6: Market Breakdown by Application
- Global Market for Metal and Metallurgical Furnaces
- Global Market for Calcining Furnaces
- Global Market for Ceramics Production Furnaces
- Global Market for Glass Production Furnaces
- Global Market for Chemical and Petrochemical Furnaces
- Global Market for Curing and Forming Furnaces
- Global Market for Additive Manufacturing Furnaces
- Global Market for Other Furnace Applications
Chapter 7: Patent Review and New Developments
- Annual Granted Patents
- Patent Review by Year
- Country of Patent Origin
- Key Players
- Patent Code Map
- Technology Map
- Patent Detail
Chapter 8: Analysis of Industry Trends and Market Opportunities
- Industrial Furnace Supply Chains
- Industry Organizations
- Key Trends Influencing Markets
- Retrofit Market in Key Europe and Many Other Developed Economies
- Manufacturing Growth Drives Markets in Developing Nations
- Modular Furnaces
- Common Areas of Furnace System Improvement
- Retrofit Financing
- Quest for Energy Efficiency
- Environmental and Permitting Requirements and Trends
- Trends in Fuel Source
- Furnace Maintenance
- Possibility that Manufacturing Growth Might Drive Markets in the U.S.
Chapter 9: Company Profiles
- ABBOTT FURNACE
- AICHELIN GROUP
- ANDERSON FURNACE LLC
- ARMIL CFS
- AVION EUROPA GMBH & CO. KG
- BAKER FURNACE INC.
- BOREL SWISS STANDARD FURNACES AND OVENS
- CARBOLITE GERO
- CERI PHOENIX INDUSTRIAL FURNACE CO. LTD.
- C.I. HAYES
- CONSOLIDATED ENGINEERING CO.
- DREVER INDUSTRIAL FURNACES
- INDUSTRIAL FURNACE CO.
- ECM GROUP
- EPCON INDUSTRIAL SYSTEMS LP
- FRANCE ETUVES
- FSE ENERGY
- HEATEK INC.
- INTERNATIONAL THERMAL SERVICES
- JPW INDUSTRIAL OVENS AND FURNACES
- KANTO YAKIN KOGYO CO. LTD.
- LANLEY COMPANY
- MCENGLEVAN INDUSTRIAL FURNACE CO. INC.
- NIHON KOHNETSU INDUSTRIAL CO. LTD.
- NUTEC BICKLEY
- SCAME FORNI INDUSTRIALI SPA
- SCHMETZ (IVA SCHMETZ GMBH)
- SINTERITE (GASBARRE FURNACE GROUP)
- SOLO SWISS
- STANDARDKESSEL-BAUMGARTE HOLIDAY GMBH
- STRIKO-WESTOFEN (NORIKAN GROUP)
- TEI-STRUTHERS WELLS (BABCOCK POWER)
- THERMCRAFT INC.
- VECSTAR FURNACES
Chapter 10: References
Chapter 11: Extended Patents List
Chapter 12: List of Furnace Manufacturers