Product Code: CHM092A
The global market for insect repellents should reach $4.6 billion by 2023 from $3.7 billion in 2018 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.5% for the period of 2018-2023.
The Asia-Pacific (APAC) region of the global insect repellents market is expected to grow from $1.7 billion in 2018 to $2.2 billion in 2023 at a CAGR of 4.8% for the period of 2018-2023.
The Middle East and Africa (MEA) region of the global insect repellents market is expected to grow from $222 million in 2018 to $288 billion in 2023 at a CAGR of 5.3% for the period of 2018-2023.
The global insect repellent market has a significant scope due to the rising prevalence of insect-borne diseases, rapid urbanization in emerging economies and growing awareness. This report is segmented by insect repellent ingredient type, method of application, distribution channel and demography. These segments are discussed at length, including plausible opportunities available in the market. The global regions covered include North America, Europe, the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region, Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa. A country-specific breakdown of the insect repellent market is also included. The study covers the global insect repellent market irrespective of the included countries. Countries were included mainly on the basis of total revenue generated. The primary countries included are the U.S., Canada, Germany, the U.K., Spain, Italy, France, China, Japan, South Korea and India. Sales data for the global and regional markets were corroborated for the present and forecast values based on statistical analysis.
Estimated values used are based on market players' total revenues, and forecast revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars unadjusted for inflation. Annual reports and forward-looking statements of insect repellent market players, annual sales of the market players and the average cost of insect repellent were considered to estimate the future market. Numerous insect repellent types and their manufacturers are profiled for a better understanding of the market. Company profiles include a detailed introduction, product portfolios and recent developments. The report also includes regulatory aspects, current and developing technologies, market projections and market share.
- 61 data tables and 19 additional tables
- An overview of the global insect repellent market
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017 to 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Insight into the emergence of mosquito-borne diseases and government initiatives for mosquito control
- Examination of eco-friendly products and their future demand
- Discussion of the major players in the industry, including 3M, DuPont, Godrej, Jyothy Laboratories Ltd., New Avon LLC, Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc, S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. and Willert Home Products
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3: Market and Technology Background
- Innovation in Products Driving Sales
- Rise in Global Temperature
- Rise in the Demand for Natural Insect Repellents to Drive the Market
- Marketing and Positioning Strategies
- Market for Specialized Products for Children
- Companies in Vector-Prone Areas Targeting Tourists
- Body-Worn Insect Repellents
- Regulatory Implications for the Insect Repellent Market
- European Union
- Improvement in Literacy Rates
- Emergence of Mosquito-Borne Diseases
- Government Initiatives for Mosquito Control
- Growing Donations, Funding, Investments and Government Grants
- Stagnant Growth of Insect Repellent Devices in Rural Areas
- Harmful Effects of Chemicals in Insect Repellents
- Increasing Demand for Eco-Friendly Products
- Underpenetrated Rural Market in Emerging Economies
Chapter 4: Market Breakdown by Product Type
- Liquid and Electrical Vaporizers
- Insect Repellant Coils and Sticks
- Active ingredients in Mosquito Coils
- Market Determinants
- Market Restraints
- Competitive Landscape
- Insect Repellant Mats
- Pump Sprays and Aerosols
- Creams and Patches
Chapter 5: Market Breakdown by Ingredient Type
- Natural Insect Repellents
- Synthetic Insect Repellents
Chapter 6: Market Breakdown by Application
- Body-Worn Insect Repellents
- Non-Body-Worn Insect Repellents
Chapter 7: Market Breakdown by Distribution Channel
- Retail Stores
Chapter 8: Market Breakdown by Demography
- Rural and Semi-Urban Areas
- Urban Areas
Chapter 9: Market Breakdown by Region
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Eastern Mediterranean
Chapter 10: Competitive Landscape
Chapter 11: Company Profiles
- BASF SE
- BUSHMAN REPELLENT
- COLEMAN COMPANY INC.
- EGO PHARM
- GREENERWAYS LLC
- HAW PAR
- HENKEL AG & CO. KGAA
- HERBAL STRATEGI
- HOMS LLC
- HUMAN NATURE
- INSECT SHIELD LLC
- JYOTHY LABORATORIES LTD.
- MELALEUCA INC.
- MOTOMCO LTD.
- NEW AVON LLC
- OMEGA PHARMA
- QUANTUM HEALTH
- RECKITT BENCKISER GROUP PLC
- ROSEMONT VENTURES INC.
- S.C. JOHNSON & SON INC.
- SAWYER PRODUCTS INC.
- SPECTRUM BRANDS INC.
- TENDER CORP.
- VITROMED HEALTHCARE
- W.S. BADGER COMPANY INC.
- WILKO DIGITAL LTD.
- WILLERT HOME PRODUCTS
- XPEL MARKETING LTD.
- YELLOW BIRD