Product Code: IAS119A
The global market for automated mining equipment should grow from $6.2 billion in 2018 to $19.6 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 25.6% for the period of 2018-2023.
Overburden removal and ore extraction equipment market for automated mining should grow from $3.4 billion in 2018 to reach $9.6 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 22.7% for the period of 2018-2023.
Ore transport, crushing and sorting, and automated mining controls market for automated mining equipment should grow from $2.8 billion in 2018 to reach $10.0 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 28.8% for the period of 2018-2023.
The scope of this report includes the market for mining automation technologies focused on specific technology categories and systems -
- Overburden removal and tunneling.
- Ore extraction, ore transport, crushing and sorting.
- Automated mining controls.
The study also considers -
- Remote control mining technologies.
- Teleoperated mining technologies.
- Fully automated mining technologies.
Market breakdowns are provided at these category levels within the report. Tables provide additional information regarding the types of equipment included in each category, as applicable. The study considers surface and underground mining, but it does not consider in situ leach mining or fluid extraction, such as petroleum or natural gas extraction.
- 53 data tables and 53 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for mining automation and technologies
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 and 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- In-depth analysis of major mining automation equipment technologies
- Analyses of the market by automated equipment, sensors, and applications
- Focus on rapid growth segments within the overall mining equipment industry
- Coverage of the industry structure, including major end users and trends in price and price-performance
- Company profiles of major equipment manufacturers in the market including Accenture, CISCO Systems, Coldeco, Honeywell and Volvo Group
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Intended Audience
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Regional Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3: Market and Technology Background
- Mining Automation
- Automated Mining: A Brief History
- Landmarks: Achieving 100% Automation
- Mining Types
- Surface Mining
- Underground Mining
- Automated Mining Technologies and Classifications: Automation Levels
- Remote Control Mining Technologies
- Driver-Assist Systems
- Teleoperated Mining Technologies
- Fully Automated Mining Technologies
- Automated Mining Technologies and Classifications: Equipment and Service Categories
- Automated Drills and Blasting Equipment
- Overburden Removal and Tunneling
- Ore Extraction Equipment
- Ore Transport Equipment
- Automated Crushing and Sorting Equipment
- Automated Mining Control Systems
- Benefits of Automated Mining Technologies
- Drawbacks of Automated Mining Technologies
- Technologies Not Considered
Chapter 4: Automated Mining: Global Market Summary
- Introduction to Automated Mining Markets
- Scope of the Market Analysis
- Global Market for Automated Mining Technologies
Chapter 5: Market Breakdown by Automated Mining Technology
- Global Market for Automated Overburden Removal and Tunneling Equipment
- Global Market for Automated Ore Extraction Equipment
- Global Market for Automated Ore Transport Equipment
- Global Market for Automated Crushing and Sorting Equipment
- Global Market for Automated Mining Controls
Chapter 6: Market Breakdown by Application
- Global Market for Remote Control Mining Technologies
- Global Market for Driver-Assist Systems
- Global Market for Teleoperated Mining Technologies
- Global Market for Fully Automated Mining Technologies
Chapter 7: Analysis of Industry Trends and Market Opportunities
- Automated Mining Equipment Supply Chains
- Industry Organizations
- Key Trends Influencing Markets
- Cost of Labor
- Mining Economic Pressures and the Drive to Automate
- Retrofit Market
- Environmental Regulations
- Quest for Energy Efficiency
- Possibility that Manufacturing Growth Might Drive Markets in the U.S.
Chapter 8: Patent Review and New Developments
- Annual Granted Patents
- Country of Patent Origin
- Key Players
- Patent Code Map
- Technology Map
- Patent Detail
Chapter 9: Company Profiles
- AB PRECISION (POOLE) LTD.
- ABB LTD.
- AKER WIRTH
- ATLAS COPCO
- AUTONOMOUS SOLUTIONS INC.
- BECKER MINING SYSTEMS AG
- BENTEK SYSTEMS
- CISCO SYSTEMS
- DASSAULT SYSTEMES
- DONGFANG MEASUREMENT AND CONTROL TECHNOLOGY CO.
- FLANDERS INC.
- FLUIDMESH NETWORKS
- FURUKAWA ROCK DRILL CO.
- GE AUTOMATION
- HITACHI CONSTRUCTION MACHINERY
- IBM ROBOTIC PROCESS AUTOMATION
- IMP AUTOMATION
- MINE SITE TECHNOLOGIES (MST) GLOBAL
- MOTION METRICS
- NEWMONT MINING
- OMEGA INDUSTRIES
- REMOTE CONTROL TECHNOLOGIES
- RIO TINTO
- ROCKWELL AUTOMATION
- RYONIC ROBOTICS
- SCHALKE EISENHUTTE
- SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC
- SUNCOR ENERGY
- VOLVO GROUP
- WENCO INTERNATIONAL MINING SYSTEMS
Chapter 10: Appendix: Patent Details