Product Code: SMC111A
The global market for dynamic random-access memory (DRAM) will grow from $94.5 billion in 2018 to $136.9 billion by 2022 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.7% for the period of 2018-2022.
Servers market will grow from $30.7 billion in 2018 to $48.6 billion by 2022 with a CAGR of 12.2%.
Mobile devices market will grow from $29.8 billion in 2018 to $39.7 billion by 2022 with a CAGR of 7.5%.
This report provides a review of the global DRAM market according to its different available types, subtypes and generations, and application areas. The current market status for DRAM, trends and growth forecasts for the next five years are provided. Supply and sourcing issues, including pricing trends and the latest developments, are also discussed. Manufacturers and suppliers of different DRAM types have been discussed and analyzed based on their market shares, product types and regions. This report discusses important manufacturers, technologies, market shares and end-user products in which DRAM is incorporated, and then provides supporting figures and insights. Key factors influencing demand have been highlighted. The report also provides a detailed patent analysis with information on various strategic initiatives attempted by market players in last five years to meet the increasing market demand for DRAM across different application sectors. Revenue forecasts from 2018 to 2022 are provided for each major DRAM type for all major application areas.
The report concludes with a special focus on the company landscape, which includes detailed profiles of the major DRAM chip and module manufacturers and suppliers in the global semiconductor industry.
The scope of this report is wide and includes:
- Detailed discussion of the DRAM market and technology background.
- Detailed study of different DRAM types, different generations of each type and their market potential for various end-use application sectors.
- Analysis of the market's value, with data from 2015, 2016 and 2017, and its projections for 2018, including five-year compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022.
- Analysis of country-based DRAM manufacturing markets.
- Discussion of industry structure, key players and their market shares, technology market strategies, DRAM demand and bit volume growth, DRAM production capacities by company and DRAM pricing trends.
- Focus on other influential factors, such as patents and company profiles.
- The report will mainly highlight the SDRAM market, as all earlier DRAM technology types have become nearly obsolete. The DRAM aftermarket is specifically excluded from the study, as it is considered beyond the scope of this report. Estimated values used are based on manufacturers' total revenues. Projected and forecast revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
- An overview of the market for Dynamic Random-Access Memory (DRAM)
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 and 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- A breakdown of synchronous DRAM types in the market, such as ESDRAM, DDR, DDR2, DDR3, DDR4, and GDDR
- A breakdown of the market by application, including computers, handheld devices, wearable medical devices, networking, gaming, display devices, cameras, and automobiles
- Coverage of supply and sourcing issues, including pricing trends and the latest developments
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the market, including Advanced Micro Devices Inc., Etron Technology Inc., Innodisk Corp., Intel Corp., Kingston Technology Co. Inc. and Micron Technology Inc.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographical Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3: Market and Technology Background
- DRAM Market, by Density
- Technology Background
- Different DRAM Architectures
- Key Market Drivers
- Favorable Supply and Demand Situation
- Expanding Application Potential
- Advent of Artificial Intelligence, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
- Expansion of Cloud Services
- Key Market Challenges
- High Initial Investment
- Emerging Memory Innovations
- Technical Difficulty in Process Scaling
- Declining Market of Personal Computer Devices
- Technology Trend
- Demand for Higher Density
- Long-Life of Trouble-Free Operation
- Process Node Shrink Smaller and Smaller
- Industry Structure
- Production Capacity
- DRAM Price Structure
- Key Business Strategies
Chapter 4: Market Breakdown by Technology Type
- Global DRAM Market by Technology and Architecture
Chapter 5: Market Breakdown by Application
- Global DRAM Market by Application
- DRAM Bit Volume Growth
- Desktop Personal Computer DRAM
- Global Market for Mobile Devices
- Global Market for Server DRAM
- DRAM Market for Automobiles
- DRAM Market for Consumers Electronics
Chapter 6: Market Breakdown by Country
- Global Market for DRAM Manufacturers, by Country
- Taiwan Market for DRAM Manufacturers
- U.S. Market for DRAM Manufacturers
- South Korean Market for DRAM Manufacturers
- China Market for DRAM Manufacturers
Chapter 7: Patent Review and New Developments
- Patent Review
- Patents by Year
- Patent by Country
- Patent Review by Assignee
- Patent Review, by Technology
Chapter 8: Company Profiles
- ADATA TECHNOLOGY CO. LTD.
- ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES, INC.
- APACER TECHNOLOGY INC.
- ATP ELECTRONICS INC.
- CERVOZ CO. LTD.
- CORSAIR COMPONENTS INC.
- EDGE TECH CORP.
- ESSENCORE LTD.
- ETRON TECHNOLOGY INC.
- GOLDEN EMPEROR INTERNATIONAL LTD.
- G. SKILL INTERNATIONAL ENTERPRISE CO. LTD.
- INNODISK CORP.
- INTEGRATED SILICON SOLUTIONS INC.
- INTEL CORP.
- KINGSTON TECHNOLOGY CO. INC.
- MA LABS INC.
- MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC.
- NANYA TECHNOLOGY CORP.
- NETLIST INC.
- OM ASSOCIATES PVT. LTD.
- PNY TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- POWERCHIP TECHNOLOGY CORP.
- PROMOS TECHNOLOGIES
- QUALCOMM INC.
- RAMAXEL TECHNOLOGY (SHENZHEN) LTD.
- RAMBUS INC.
- SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO. LTD.
- SHENZHEN JINTAIKE SEMICONDUCTOR CO. LTD.
- SK HYNIX INC.
- SMART MODULAR TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- STEC INC.
- TEAM GROUP INC.
- TRANSCEND INFORMATION INC.
- WINBOND ELECTRONICS CORP.
- WINTEC INDUSTRIES INC.
Chapter 9: Appendix
- Glossary of Terms