Product Code: IFT170A
The North American software-defined networking (SDN) market should grow from $2.5 billion in 2018 to $21.1 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 52.9% from 2018 to 2023.
The North American SDN market for cloud provides should grow from $1.1 billion in 2018 to $9.1 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 51.6% from 2018 to 2023.
The North American SDN market for carriers should grow from $1.0 billion in 2018 to $8.9 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 53.9% from 2018 to 2023.
This report provides an in-depth analysis of the North American SDN market by solution, end user and country. By solution, the market is segmented into SDN configuration, hardware, software and services. End users include cloud providers, carriers and enterprises. Revenue estimates are provided for 2017. Using 2017 as base year, forecasts are provided for 2018 and 2023. Market trends are also identified for each solution segment and end user segment.
The report also includes a discussion of the major players across the North American market. The report concludes with a description of the vendor landscape, including profiles of each major vendor in the North American SDN market. The profiled companies include Avaya Inc., Aricent Inc., Advanced Micro Devices, Cisco, Dell, HP Enterprises, Ciena Corp., IBM, Juniper Networks and VMware Inc.
- Industry analysis of the software-defined networking (SDN) application in North American region
- Country specific data and analysis for United States, Canada and Mexico
- Quantification and an in-depth analysis of the North American SDN market by solution, end user and country
- Overview of the deployment of SDN solutions among end users such as cloud providers, carriers and enterprises
- Description of role of SDN in management and administration of changing incoming and outgoing traffic patterns in data centers and the virtualization of hardware and software
- Assessment of factors including drivers, restraints and opportunities with a focus on current and future market trends that have a major say in the market
- A brief study and impact analysis of current trends and strategies adopted by players in the North American region
- Examination of vendor landscape and detailed profiles of major SDN vendors, including Aricent Inc., Advanced Micro Devices, Cisco Systems, Dell Technologies, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), IBM Corp., and VMware, Inc.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of the Report
- Research Methodology
- Intended Audience
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3: Market Overview
- Introducing SDN
- Definition of SDN
- Role of SDN in the Networking Industry
- SDN Brings a New Set of Products and Enhancements to Existing Networking Devices
- Market Drivers
- Increasing Adoption of Cloud Services in the Region
- Increasing Network Complexity
- Virtualization's Sizable Impact on SDN
- Changing Traffic Patterns in Data Centers
- Market Restraints
- Challenges in the Placement of SDN Controllers
- Market Opportunity
- Opportunities in the Development of Internet of Things (IoT) Applications
Chapter 4: Market Breakdown by Solution
- SDN Solutions
- SDN Configuration
Chapter 5: Market Breakdown by End User
- SDN End Users
- Market Size and Forecast
- Cloud Providers
Chapter 6: Market Breakdown by Country
- Country Outlook
- Market Size and Forecast
Chapter 7: Competitive Analysis
- Vendor Landscape for SDN
- Emergence of Open-Source SDN Software
- Emergence of Commercial SDN Software
- Key Market Developments
Chapter 8: Company Profiles
- ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES (AMD), INC.
- ARICENT INC.
- AVAYA INC.
- CIENA CORP.
- CISCO SYSTEMS, INC.
- DELL TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- HEWLETT PACKARD ENTERPRISE (HPE)
- INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP. (IBM)
- JUNIPER NETWORKS, INC.
- VMWARE, INC.
Chapter 9: List of Abbreviations