Product Code: BIO162A
The global market for Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T-cell therapies will grow from nearly $467 million in 2018 to $2.9 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 44.1% for the period of 2018-2023.
North American market for Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T-cell therapies will grow from $430 million in 2018 to nearly $2.5 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 42.2% through 2023.
Asia-Pacific market for Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T-cell therapies will grow from $3.0 million in 2018 to $35.0 million by 2023 at a CAGR of 63.5% through 2023.
The key objectives of this study are to:
- Review the historical development of CAR T-cell technology.
- Discuss the principles of chimeric antigen receptor design.
- Understand the mechanisms of action associated with CAR T-cell immunotherapy.
- Highlight the ongoing clinical and non-clinical advancements in the field of CAR T-cell therapy.
- Access the side effects, disadvantages and limitations of existing CAR T-cell technologies.
- Examine the current marketed drugs, including development activities and details of patent expirations.
- Determine the production methods for CAR T-cells.
- Review the range of joint ventures, collaborations, license and research agreements currently focused on CAR T-cell technology.
- Review of the regulatory requirements.
- Review the global CAR T-cell therapy market dynamics.
- Survey the key players involved in the development of therapeutics for CAR T-cell immunotherapy and provide company profiles.
By purchasing this study, the reader will gain:
- An improved understanding of the current state and future of this exciting, new and innovative technology.
- The latest information on the leading companies engaged in developing this technology, clinical trials being conducted, a review of the status of their intellectual property, product pipelines and insight into their proprietary technologies.
- The role and influence of individual countries relating to the development of CAR T-cell therapy and the number of CAR T-cell trials in the U.S. versus China and other countries.
- Knowledge of the market potential for the CAR T-cell therapy market and anticipated development of the market.
- The analysis includes the use of charts and graphs measuring product growth and trends within the marketplace. In addition, an analysis of the incidence and mortality associated with cancers and the target market helps provide the reader with a deeper understanding of the possibilities for future treatment and avenues for possible R&D budgets. Company-specific information, including sales figures, product pipeline status and R&D trends, is provided throughout the report.
- 31 data tables and 41 additional tables
- An overview of global market for current research & developments status of Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017, estimates for 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Understand market dynamics of CAR T-Cell therapy, along with the growth driving factors, restraints and future scope
- Information on competitor initiatives, research and development status of CAR T-cell therapy
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players in the market including, Amgen, Avacta Life Sciences Ltd., Bluebird Bio Inc., Novartis Ag, Servier Laboratories, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, and Transgene SA
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Scope of the Report
- Methodology and Information Sources
- Primary Data and Information Gathering
- Secondary Data and Information Gathering
- Market Share Analysis and Market Forecast
- Analyst's Credentials
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
- CAR T-Cell Design and Evolution
- FDA Product Approvals
- Market Analysis
- Clinical Applications of CAR T-Cell Therapy
- CARs for Tumors of the Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues
- CAR T-Cell Therapy for Solid Tumors
- Barriers to Research and Product Development
- Clinical Trials
Chapter 3: Introduction to Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T-Cell Therapy
- A Brief History of CAR T-Cell Therapy Development
- Exogenous Antigens
- Endogenous Antigens
- Tumor Antigens
- Cluster of Differentiation
- Adoptive Cell Transfer (ACT) Technologies
- Tumor-Infiltrating Lymphocytes (TILs)
- T-Cell Receptors (TCRs)
- Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CARs)
Chapter 4: Current Production Methods, Latest Technological Advances and Future Direction
- Production of CAR T-Cells
- Stage 1: Leukapheresis and T-Cell Isolation
- Stage 2: T-Cell Activation, Transduction and Modification of CAR T-Cells
- Stage 3: Expanding Modified CAR T-Cells
- Overcoming CAR T-Cell Manufacturing Challenges
- Latest Advances in Production Processes
- Closed, Automated Production Systems
- End-to-End Production Systems and Solutions
- Key Technologies Used in the Manufacturing Stage
Chapter 5: Clinical Trial Analysis of CAR T-Cells and Related Technologies
- Clinical Trials Being Conducted Globally
- Distribution of CAR T-Cell Trials in the U.S.
- Distribution of CAR T-Cell Clinical Trials in China
Chapter 6: Incidence, Prevalence and Mortality Statistics for Cancer: A Global Summary
- Cancer: The Disease
- Cancer: A Statistical Analysis of the Disease Incidence and Prevalence
- Incidence and Prevalence Rates for Major Cancer Types
- Global Regional Patterns of Cancer
- North America
- Latin and Central America
- Middle East and Africa
- Global Cancer Burden and Worldwide Cancer Risk Factors
- Tobacco Use and Statistics
- Alcohol Abuse and Cancer Statistics
- Obesity and Cancer Statistics
- Infectious Diseases and Cancer
- Inherited Genes: Diseases and Cancer
- Sun, Ultraviolet Radiation and Cancer
- Hormones and Cancer
Chapter 7: Global CAR T-Cell Market Analysis
- Global CAR T-Cell Market
- Regional CAR T-Cell Market Analysis: North America
- Regional CAR T-Cell Market Analysis: Europe
- Regional CAR T-Cell Market Analysis: Asia-Pacific
- Regional CAR T-Cell Market Analysis: Central and Latin America
- Regional CAR T-Cell Market Analysis: Middle East and Africa
- Global CAR T-Cell Market Share Analysis
- Market Dynamics
- Selected Drivers of the Global CAR T-Cell Market
- Selected Restraints of the Global CAR T-Cell Market
Chapter 8: Regulatory and Legislative Requirements for CAR T-Cell and Related Technologies
- North America
- Mutual Recognition Procedure (MRP)
- Decentralized Procedure (DCP)
- Centralized Procedure (CP)
- South Korea
- Central and South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Published Guidelines on Production and Testing of Cell-Based Therapies
Chapter 9: Patent Review/New Developments for Chimeric Antigen Receptors (CARs)
- Complexities of the Patents and Patent Applications for Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Companies
- Anticipated Increase in Patent Litigation on Customized Patient Treatments
- Company Specific Intellectual Property and Patent Information
- Avacta Life Sciences Ltd.
- Bellicum Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Bluebird Bio
- Celgene Corp.
- Celyad SA
- Editas Medicine Inc.
- Eureka Therapeutics Inc.
- Gilead Sciences Inc.
- iCell Gene Therapeutics
- Juno Therapeutics Inc. (A Celgene Company)
- Mustang Bio Inc.
- Noile-Immune Biotech
- Novartis AG
Chapter 10: Company Profiles
- AVACTA LIFE SCIENCES LTD.
- BELLICUM PHAMACEUTICALS
- BLUEBIRD BIO
- CELGENE CORP.
- CELYAD SA
- EDITAS MEDICINE INC.
- EUREKA THERAPEUTICS INC.
- FORMULA PHARMACEUTICALS INC.
- GILEAD SCIENCES
- F. HOFFMAN LA ROCHE AG
- ICELL GENE THERAPEUTICS
- JUNO THERAPEUTICS INC. (A CELGENE COMPANY)
- KITE PHARMA INC. (A SUBSIDIARY OF GILEAD SCIENCES INC.)
- MEDIMMUNE LLC/ASTRAZENECA
- MUSTANG BIO INC.
- NOILE-IMMUNE BIOTECH
- NOVARTIS AG
- PROTHERAGEN INC.
- PURETECH HEALTH
- SERVIER LABORATORIES
- SHIRE PHARMACEUTICALS INC.
- TAKEDA PHARMACEUTICALS
- TRANSGENE SA
Chapter 11: Appendix A
- Company Addresses and Contact Details
Chapter 12: Appendix B
- Government Regulatory Agencies and Professional Organizations
Chapter 13: Appendix C
- Commonly Used Acronyms Associated with CAR T-Cell Therapy
Chapter 14: Appendix D
- Recent Patent Applications Filed Related to CAR T-Cell Therapy
Chapter 15: Appendix E
- CAR T-Cell and CD19 Clinical Trials in China