Product Code: MST040E
The global electrophoresis market should grow from $2.0 billion in 2018 to reach $2.7 billion by 2023 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.0% for the period of 2018-2023.
Gel electrophoresis as a segment of the global electrophoresis market should grow from $1.2 billion in 2018 to reach $1.5 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 4.7% for the period of 2018-2023.
Capillary electrophoresis as a segment of the global electrophoresis market should grow from $813.9 million in 2018 to reach $1.2 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 7.8% for the period of 2018-2023.
The study encompasses major technologies of electrophoresis and the various product segments for each technology. The role of electrophoresis as an analytical separation method for both nucleic acid and protein molecules was examined. The major end-user applications for both GE and CE were also included within the scope of this study.
BCC Research analyzes the impact of the two major electrophoresis techniques on biological molecular separation, determines their current market status, examines their future potential, and presents forecasts of growth over the next five years. Technological issues, including the latest trends, are discussed. The latest research findings in different industry areas are presented.
BCC Research presents the industry competitiveness for electrophoresis, technological descriptions and issues, applications, market factors, market potential, and revenue forecast projections from 2017 through 2023. Global revenue projections for the electrophoresis market have been developed by the two major technologies and by product segments for every technology. Revenue projections by end-user applications have been included.
BCC Research also examined the electrophoresis industry by regions and conducted an in-depth study on the competitive landscape for every product segment and the corresponding market share analysis for every technology.
- 37 data tables and 22 additional tables
- Industry analysis of the electrophoresis technology, as a standardized analytical separation method
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 to 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Segmentation of the electrophoresis technology by type, separation technique, end use, application industry and geographical region
- Discussion of current market dynamics and future market potential for both gel electrophoresis (GE) and capillary electrophoresis (CE) technologies
- Coverage of electrophoresis techniques and technologies used in academia, government research laboratories, and the biopharmaceutical, environmental, chemical, forensics, and food industries
- Evaluation of the impact of lab-on-a-chip electrophoresis on the overall capillary electrophoresis technology segment
- Competitive landscape for every product segment and the corresponding market share analysis for every technology
- Descriptive study of electrophoresis manufacturers and life sciences research companies along with their corporate profiles
- Profiles of major companies of the industry, including Agilent Technologies, Biotec Fischer GmbH, Helena Laboratories, The Gel Company and Sebia, Inc.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3: Overview
- Brief History
- Fundamentals of Electrophoresis
- Electrophoresis or Zone Electrophoresis
- Isoelectric Focusing (IEF)
- Electrophoresis Apparatus
- GE Apparatus
- CE Apparatus
- GE Buffers
- Buffers for CE
- Visualization Methods
- Applications of Electrophoresis
- Nucleic Acid Electrophoresis
- Protein Electrophoresis
- Market Summary
Chapter 4: Markets by Electrophoresis Technology
- Electrophoresis Technologies
- Gel Electrophoresis
- Capillary Electrophoresis
- Global Electrophoresis Technology Market
- Market Drivers and Challenges
- Revenue Forecast
Chapter 5: Market Breakdown by Product Segment
- Electrophoresis Instruments
- Market Drivers and Challenges
- Recent Developments
- Market Trends, 2017-2023
- Aftermarket Products
- GE Aftermarket Products
- CE Aftermarket Products
Chapter 6: Market Breakdown by End User
- CE End-User Segments
- Life Sciences
- Food industry
- Environmental Protection
- CE Market Forecast, by End Users
- Global GE Revenue Forecast, by End Users
Chapter 7: Market Breakdown by Region
- General Electrophoresis Markets
- Gel Electrophoresis Markets
- Capillary Electrophoresis Markets
Chapter 8: Patent Review/ New Developments
- Patent Review
- Brief Review of Technology Developments
- Recent Developments
- Other Developments
Chapter 9: Industry Structure and Competitive Analysis
- Electrophoresis Industry Structure
- Global Competitive Landscape
- Global Competitive Structure for Electrophoresis Instrumentation
- Global Competitive Structure for Electrophoresis Reagents/Supplies Market
- Global Competitive Structure for Gel Documentation/Gel Informatics and CE Detection Segment
- Distribution Channels
- M & A Activity
- Product Introductions
- Market Share Analysis
- PAGE Market Share Analysis
- PAGE Reagents Market
- Gel Imaging and Informatics Segment Market Share Analysis
- CE Market
- Agarose Gel Media Market Share Analysis
- Nucleic Acid Submarine Electrophoresis Market Share Analysis
Chapter 10: Company Profiles
- AB SCIEX LLC (FORMERLY BECKMAN COULTER INC.)
- ADVANCED ANALYTICAL TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES
- BIO-RAD LABORATORIES
- BIOTEC FISCHER GMBH
- BIOMETRA GMBH
- DECODON GMBH
- ELCHROM SCIENTIFIC AG
- GE HEALTHCARE BIO-SCIENCES
- THE GEL COMPANY
- HARVARD BIOSCIENCE
- HELENA LABORATORIES
- HOEFER, INC. (DIVISION OF HARVARD BIOSCIENCE)
- PICOMETRICS TECHNOLOGIES SAS
- PRINCE TECHNOLOGIES B.V.
- SCIE-PLAS (DIVISION OF HARVARD BIOSCIENCE)
- SEBIA, INC.
- SERVA ELECTROPHORESIS GMBH
- SHIMADZU CORP.
- SIGMA-ALDRICH CORP.
- THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
- TOTALLAB LTD.
- WEALTEC CORP.