Product Code: ENG006A
The global commercial refrigeration equipment market totaled $3.6 billion in 2017 and is estimated to reach nearly $4.9 billion by 2022, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.3% for the period of 2017-2022.
- 83 tables
- An overview of the global market for commercial refrigeration equipment
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 and 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Identification of segments with high growth potential and their future applications
- Explanation of major drivers and regional dynamics of the market and current trends within the industry
- Detailed profiles of major vendors in the market, including Ali Group, Blue Star Ltd., Daikin Industries, Ltd., Electrolux AB and Panasonic Corp.
- Commercial refrigeration equipment is defined as refrigeration systems that maintain temperatures at a level below than its surroundings, in order to avoid spoilage of perishable products, including food items. Commercial refrigerator models can be horizontal, semi-vertical or vertical, and operate at a chilled, frozen, combi chilled and frozen, or variable temperature. Equipment is used in transportation refrigeration units, to display food items and other perishable store merchandise.
Commercial refrigeration equipment finds applications in hypermarkets, supermarkets, convenience stores, specialty food stores, e-commerce, and other end users. The others segment includes general stores, small unorganized stores (mostly in emerging regions), as well as distributors and producers of raw products, such as meats, vegetables, etc.
Commercial refrigeration equipment uses various refrigerants, including fluorocarbons, inorganics, hydrocarbons/naturals and others. The others segment mostly comprises refrigerants that are a mix of inorganics or naturals and fluorocarbons.
The commercial refrigeration equipment market can be broadly categorized into transportation refrigeration equipment, refrigerators and freezers, beverage refrigeration, and others. While transportation refrigeration equipment dominates the market, and is also the fastest-growing segment, the others segment is significantly large and includes refrigerated display cases, ice machines, refrigerated vending machines, liquid chillers, refrigeration equipment parts, etc.
The scope of this report includes transportation refrigeration equipment, refrigerators and freezers, beverage refrigeration, and others segment related to commercial refrigeration equipment. In the others segment, commercial refrigeration equipment parts hold a major market share. Along with product/equipment/hardware revenue, this report also considered services revenue. The report includes distinct types of companies such as:
- Large refrigeration system manufacturers.
- Large technology manufacturers with a presence in refrigeration systems.
- Small niche refrigeration equipment and technology manufacturers.
- Conglomerates active in multiple verticals, including industrial products.
In the services segment, the report covers all forms of services such as professional services, deployment and integration, and support and maintenance. However, stand-alone service providers that provide post-sale services are not in the scope of this report. BCC Research also excluded technology companies that may have a strong presence in refrigeration equipment and technology but are not necessarily active in commercial refrigeration.
The report begins by introducing the reader to how the market for commercial refrigeration equipment has evolved over time and how various factors impact the market. The report will then proceed to identify the following:
- Primary forces with a direct impact on the global commercial refrigeration equipment market.
- Secondary forces that have an indirect impact.
- Key funding and financing in this space.
- Some key challenges that may hinder the growth of this market.
- Key trends visible in the market.
- Leading end users of the commercial refrigeration equipment market.
- Demand in Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and South America for commercial refrigeration equipment.
Ritam Biswas has more than 10 years of experience in the market research and financial research space and has written and consulted on several research and advisory projects in various technology verticals. He has worked as a team leader and lead analyst in several technology businesses and has written numerous reports in areas such as disruptive technology, innovative and new technologies, advanced end-user computing, cloud security, virtualization security, mobile security and deep packet inspection.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3: Market and Technology Background
- History of Refrigeration
- Evolution of Commercial Refrigeration Equipment
- Energy Regulations for Commercial Refrigeration Equipment
- Department of Energy (DOE) Enforcement
- Montreal Protocol
- New Developments in the Market
- Connected or IoT-based Commercial Refrigeration Equipment
- Increasing Usage of Hydrocarbon and Inorganic Refrigerants
- Solar-powered Commercial Refrigeration Equipment
- Magnetic Refrigeration Systems
- Key Stakeholders in the Market
- Large Refrigeration System Manufacturers
- Large Technology Manufacturers Active in Refrigeration Systems
- Small Niche Refrigeration Equipment and Technology Manufacturers
- Conglomerates Active in Multiple Verticals, Including Industrial Products
- Global Market for Commercial Refrigeration Equipment
- Major Market Forces
- Rapid Urbanization and Changing Lifestyles
- Growth in International Food Trade Between Nations
- Rising Time Constraints Due to Increasingly Hectic Work Schedules
- Developments in the Organized Restaurant Chains, Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Strong Growth of Global E-commerce
- Key Strategies Used in the Global Commercial Refrigeration Equipment Market
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Partnerships and Joint Ventures Among Different Stakeholders
- Geographic Expansion
- Financing and Investments
Chapter 4: Market Breakdown by Product Type
- Transportation Refrigeration Equipment Segment
- Refrigerators and Freezers Segment
- Beverage Refrigeration Segment
- Others Segment
Chapter 5: Market Breakdown by End User
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Food Store
- Others Segment
Chapter 6: Market Breakdown by Refrigerant Type
Chapter 7: Market Breakdown by Region
- North America
- Australia and New Zealand
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
Chapter 8: Patent Review
Chapter 9: Analysis of Market Opportunities
- Competition Among Existing Players
- Threat of New Entrants
- Key Trends in the Global Commercial Refrigeration Equipment Market
- Connected/IoT-enabled Commercial Refrigeration Equipment
- Further Growth of Inorganic and Hydrocarbon/Natural-based Refrigerants
- APAC's Emergence as the Most Attractive Region
- Implementation of Zero-Emissions Transportation Refrigeration Systems
- Continued Introduction of Advanced Refrigeration Products
- Development and Adoption of Alternative Refrigeration Systems
- Industry Challenges and Concerns
- Initial High Implementation Cost
- Volatile Fuel Cost
- High Energy Consumption Restrict Adoption Among Small Retailers
- Unorganized Companies in Certain Emerging Regions
Chapter 10: Company Profiles
About BCC Research
- About BCC Research
- BCC Membership
- BCC Custom Research